AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate juxtaposition...?

+15
Kynan
Brendon
TomA
slowlylearning
bones
Unforgiven
RS2000
checkmate
Tony
Paul
spiritman
zenrat
Clutch
Tubman
Bryce
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The ultimate juxtaposition...? - Page 2 Empty Re: The ultimate juxtaposition...?

Post by blatdriver Thu 30 Oct 2014, 10:16 am

coolman I like it, You could actually drive it hard & fast (provided it's road legal were ever you are) it's not a trailer queen, you don't have to worry about getting stone chips, or getting it dirty. for me this car is all about having fun.
blatdriver
blatdriver
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1550
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

The ultimate juxtaposition...? - Page 2 Empty Re: The ultimate juxtaposition...?

Post by zenrat Sat 01 Nov 2014, 2:53 pm

I wouldn't fancy throwing it into a corner and putting side loads on those front wheels.

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:45 am

Most of this type car are trailered to events and pushed off the trailer into the parking space, they are rarely even started and usually are undriiveable because, well I think you can all see why.

Go to a big event in the US where there's lots of rat rods cruising and then take the back roads afterwards where you'll see all those cars sneaking home on their trailers, because they simply cant be driven, legally, safely or comfortably on US roads.  The popular magazines lead us to believe that anything goes over there, but it doesn't!  Those cars get booked on a regular basis and when you do see one on the interstate, it's usually broken and stopped on the side of the road.  

This isn't quite a rat rod, but the collection of tickets on the windscreen and in the box on the seat, kinda tell the real story, the car is what L.A. cops call a moving violation!

The ultimate juxtaposition...? - Page 2 NSRA992e7740_zps59c3dfd9

The ultimate juxtaposition...? - Page 2 NSRA992e7742_zpsd72071f0

The ultimate juxtaposition...? - Page 2 NSRA992e7792_zpsdd829e18

The bit that's laughable is that the owners of these rat rods are the same people who shitcan the old hot rodders, yep those who created thair hobby back in the day, because nowadays they drive shiney cars with reliable modern powertrain and components with comfortable interiors.  Funny thing is, these old guys are driving their cars all over the country, not dragging them around on a trailer hooked to a brand new pick-up truck.  If you wanna know which is more fun, I can show you some photos that should make it clear.

Come to think of it, I haven't posted anything from my August trip, which was cut short when we found out Mrs C was sick, but I did manage to cramb quite a bit into the first two and a half weeks of what was to be a five week vacation.  Lemme know if you'd like to see some of the pics and I'll start a fresh thread rather than completely derail Bryce's discussion..
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2