AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf...

+2
Paul
tjjr07
6 posters

Go down

Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... Empty Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf...

Post by tjjr07 Sun 20 Apr 2008, 8:31 pm

just finished her off.
here are some pics...
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 152006
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 152206
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 152554
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 153614
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 153641
Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... 153703

thanks for looking, now im off to raid the cupboard for food and to pic out a model from my stash...

Last edited by tjjr07 on Mon 09 Jun 2008, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... Empty Re: Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf...

Post by Paul Sun 20 Apr 2008, 8:57 pm

Nice build! I think it's time to fill er up and hit the 1/4mile!!
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf... Empty Re: Stone, Woods and Cook 41 Willys all finished, now on the shelf...

Post by tezza43 Sun 20 Apr 2008, 10:28 pm

What a build, or as my dad used to say "what a built", but I think he was referring to different curvy bodies back then. Looks cool and fast and ready for action. Are the wheels stock or borrowed from other sources?
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Sun 20 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

cheers.
the wheels are from this kit... i wouldnt mind finding a set of front runners that are a bit more accurate to those on the 1.1...
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Mon 21 Apr 2008, 11:39 am

Looks great tj. very nice build.
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Mon 21 Apr 2008, 3:27 pm

tjjr07 wrote:the wheels are from this kit... i wouldnt mind finding a set of front runners that are a bit more accurate to those on the 1.1...

Looks great TJ. The closest I can think of for correct front wheel sizing and style might be the wheels in the Roth Mysterion. Some of the AMT Altered wheelbase Gassers/Funny cars might also have the right wheels, but I'd need to check them out.

best news is I've done some more research and found that when the 'Cookie' signwriting was on the first blue version of the car, the lower body work was not yert trimmed. So this is very close to being correct as it wasd after the body got trimmed the signwriting was changed from 'Cookie' to 'Cook'.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Mon 21 Apr 2008, 3:29 pm

you just put a smile on my face carps...
thanks
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 21 Apr 2008, 6:07 pm

That looks great, very tidy indeed. I purchased this kit a while back but haven't started it yet, but I'm all inspired to go now! Very Happy I was just wondering how well the kit went together? Anything I should look out for?
checkmate
checkmate

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Mon 21 Apr 2008, 6:15 pm

umm, it went together quite well but i assembled the chassis before painting it. also, the windscreen hit the dash so i had to shave a good 1/8'' off the back of the dash pad to get it to seat correctly. good luck and i hope to see some pics of it here soon checkmate...

BTW is that your van in the avatar???
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 21 Apr 2008, 6:18 pm

Yeah its my van in the avatar, is that your '57? I'll probably build the blue version first aswell, then the black one. I also wouldn't mind just building another version.(Better buy at least 2 more of these kits!) Laughing
checkmate
checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Mon 21 Apr 2008, 6:26 pm

i got mine for $12, i should've bought a couple too lol. il prolly get another for parts for a 32 ford project i have in mind...

the van looks great
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 21 Apr 2008, 7:42 pm

I like the Gasser style cars, Ive got a heap of them to build, also got a heap of various Willys kits.
checkmate
checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down