AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up

3 posters

Go down

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Empty 30' Ford Woody Pick-Up

Post by slowlylearning Wed 07 Oct 2009, 9:09 pm

Got this one today, the boxart is pretty deceptive... thaught it would look cool... with the huge box on wheels that it is. But nay, t'was not a good looking mockup. Sat there for about an hour and looked at it before I started chopping away... thats about 10 minutes of destruction right there Razz The front suspention in those pics is stock altered to be a little lower (about 3-4mm) and the rear axle is resting on the chassy cross-member thats meant to hold the leafy. I still want it lower, suggestions? I would put AMT skinnies on those wheels but they are set up for use only with those tyres.. ho hum. Still dont know if I want to go for a 50's period or modern look... I have a flathead in waiting but the kit supplied donk is a 6 carby setup and it looks just awesome... More pic to come when I do a tad more work and get some feedback Very Happy Also thinking of cutting out the verticle bars that criss-cross the woodgrain pattern and filling it in and having only the horizontal ones... thaughts?

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture003

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture002

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture001

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Empty Re: 30' Ford Woody Pick-Up

Post by slowlylearning Wed 07 Oct 2009, 9:45 pm

slivered a bit off of the mounting pins for the rear wheels so they sit in a bit more... cant really tell from the pics but i added the bonnet and grille for dramatic effect Razz
30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture004
30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture005
30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture006

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Wed 07 Oct 2009, 10:41 pm

Looks like a nice model coming up. This is a fairly old kit reboxed hence the high look. Maybe if you cut down the height of the tray sides and rear it would look less bulky (see below).

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up PickUpFX

30' Ford Woody Pick-Up 479898
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by slowlylearning Thu 08 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm

Great idea tezza... if what im doing now dosent work out im so doing that! thanks for the pic too! Very Happy

I removed the rear door frame and it looks tonnes better, Im also going to remove the small verticle braces running through the 'planks' on the side and doors... a little unsure of the roof height and rake... looks to be an easy chop-job (famous last words?)... but thats a big maybe. the engine sits really low in the bay, may supercharge it to fill in the gap and put those awesome 6 carbys on top of that. Anyone know where those fancy belt-protectors attatch to on some cars with superchargers, might make one of them aswell and drill out a regal design on it too... thinking out loud much? Razz
30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture007
30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Picture008

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:39 am

give it a choped top. 30' Ford Woody Pick-Up Icon_twisted
allan