AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Brush Cleaning

3 posters

Go down

Air Brush Cleaning Empty Air Brush Cleaning

Post by cgmorg Sun 21 Mar 2010, 5:45 pm

Been using Pro-Color airbrush cleaner to clean my air brush of Tamiya Acrylic paint and it is excellent. However I cannot buy this in Toowoomba so I've been experimenting with different products/recipies from under the Kitchen sink.

Just discovered that "Shelleys Super Kleen Sugar Soap" disolves Tamiya Acrylic just like the Procolor cleaner I have been using. I can get this down the road at Mitre 10 and it is so much cheaper than Procolor. Only thing is I don't know what effect it might have on the air brush seals or metal.

Does anyone have experience with this or can suggest an alternative that works and is readily available?

Air Brush Cleaning 737921
cgmorg
cgmorg
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Air Brush Cleaning Empty Re: Air Brush Cleaning

Post by Tubman Sun 21 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

General purpose thinners from SuperCheap, about 20 bucks for 4-5 litres or you can buy it by the litre, will clean up all types of paint and won't hurt any seals, just don't leave your airbrush soaking in it.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cgmorg Sun 21 Mar 2010, 6:23 pm

Tubman wrote:General purpose thinners from SuperCheap, about 20 bucks for 4-5 litres or you can buy it by the litre, will clean up all types of paint and won't hurt any seals, just don't leave your airbrush soaking in it.

I will give that a go - Air Brush Cleaning 238495
cgmorg
cgmorg
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Mon 22 Mar 2010, 10:56 am

I use methylated spirts to clean airbrush after useing Tamiya acryilc paint,also use to thin paint to airbrush with.becarefull of useing GP thinners to clean your airbrush as some airbrush's are not made to use auto paint or thinners,did airbrush class at TAFE once and young bloke brought the wrong one and the thinners melted the rubbers inside the airbrush.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: