AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suzuki swift gti project

+2
checkmate
Nighthoon
6 posters

Go down

suzuki swift gti project Empty suzuki swift gti project

Post by Nighthoon Sun 18 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

well here it is this is my daily driver and project car that ive been working on and off for 8 years its been 3 quarts the way around australia its clocked up over 370 thousand k's its been in a few drag comps and drift comps i use to teach FF drifting in it its been in an (unnofficial hoon movie) that i lost my license over 3 months after i got it, ive had the car since i was 14 i paid $2500 for it and paid it off in a year i bought it off my brother in-law, its a great car ive done alot to it in the past few years ive clocked 240 plus with the stock motor i cant be sure on the exact max speed as the tacho only goes to 240 its had few internal mods forged pistons 2000cc injectors replaced the cam gears and cam shafts its got a triple plate race clutch 3.75 inch turbo exhaust and stainless manifold into a 8 inch muffler (cannon) with a 6 inch titanium polished tip its got a quaffe fully customisable gear box its got twin high flow high pressure apexi fuel pumps and a reprogrammed ECU and the lil 1300cc goes very well for its age and considering the life its had its still in good spirit i also have a group A motor for it that i used for mount bulla a few years back thats a 1600cc but it just didnt have the same response as the 1300 so i took it out and left it out, i started to respray it last year but we had to sell our old car so i had to cut short my respray job and start driving it around (sigh) but im to busy these days fixing other peoples cars to do any work to my own (seems to always happen) last thing i did was the stereo its always had top of the range jvc headunits and the next step up is a touch screen and window HUD for it which i did to a mates civic recently looks pretty cool when its done its got pioneer 4 inch 3 ways under the dash and 6x9 3 ways in the doors i did make a custom parcel tray with 2 pairs of 6x9 4 ways 1 pair that light up and a 12 inch jvc 700 watt sub but my car was broken into and it and my 6 inch shift tacho was stolen, but i still had my 2 high watts amps 1000 watt rampage amp and a 1400 watt jvc amp and my 1000 watt pioneer 12 inch sub bolted to the rear floor and facing into the spare tyre well, the front bumper and spolier i fabricated myself i have a bonnet aswell with a fibreglass scoop that i fabricated myself aswell apart from that the rear bumper and side skirts are all stock GTI bodykit i made some alterations to the body kit to fit in my multi color undercar neons and brake cooling system which is my own invention as the brakes are 4 pots and get red hot on the track so i had to come up with a way to cool them, the interior has under gone a fair whack aswell checkerplate floor (not floor mats) i changed the dash lights from green leds to Blue put in a boost guage as i was goin to install a turbo but never got around to it being a auto elec i had to show off so i put a load of LED's in the center console and are turned on with a imitation missile switch and i have 2 more switches for spot lights yet to be installed and more in car neons under the dash and rear parcel tray the undercar neons have their own control panel which i mounted on the drivers side sun visor the color as u will see is white and orange after i get around to finishing the respray i will paint orange tribals along the bottom of the car and get a vinyl done up of my world of warcraft a nightelf warrior known as nighthoon and hopefully one day i will return to the track again soon after this project is finished Very Happy

plans are goin ahead for a forced induction system but not a turbo or a supercharger i was looking into direct forced air using the front end of the car and the air flow over the car in motion but i had a better idea and have created a forced air induction using a elecrolux vacuum cleaner Very Happy have been testing on my older brothers sigma and vn commodore and theres a 15% increase in take off power so im hoping to retro fit the unit to my GTI and another unit for 351 powered hilux.

suzuki swift gti project 18042010suzuki swift gti project 18042011
the neons u see here are red and double as extra brake lights
suzuki swift gti project 18042012
here u can see my racing wheel no the buttons are not connected to anything...yet.
suzuki swift gti project 18042013
this is the control panel for the undercar neons changes the color and strobe etc speed of the strobe and the like when the police ask what it is i always says its my fuel management system usually fools them
suzuki swift gti project 18042014
suzuki swift gti project 18042015suzuki swift gti project 18042016suzuki swift gti project 18042017suzuki swift gti project 18042018
Nighthoon
Nighthoon
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

suzuki swift gti project Empty Re: suzuki swift gti project

Post by checkmate Sun 18 Apr 2010, 7:50 pm

Here's a stupid question for you, how do you drift a front wheel drive car? Wouldn't it just be a handbrakey?

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Mon 19 Apr 2010, 12:48 am

checkmate wrote:Here's a stupid question for you, how do you drift a front wheel drive car? Wouldn't it just be a handbrakey?

Piece of cake. I had a Camira YES a Camira with the handbrake you can put the rears
anywhere you want while accelerating. which is quite stupid because of flat spots.
Back in my day it was called a Handbrakey or for RWD cars a Powerslide. Drifting was what you
did in the classroom and got in trouble for it!
I soon learn't "there is no substitute for cubic inch"!!!!!
So please don't tell anyone I had a Camira OK!
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Mon 19 Apr 2010, 8:09 am

That looks like 1) fun & 2) a plod magnet.
suzuki swift gti project 238495

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 19 Apr 2010, 10:56 am

Shoey wrote:
checkmate wrote:Here's a stupid question for you, how do you drift a front wheel drive car? Wouldn't it just be a handbrakey?

Piece of cake. I had a Camira YES a Camira with the handbrake you can put the rears
anywhere you want while accelerating. which is quite stupid because of flat spots.
Back in my day it was called a Handbrakey or for RWD cars a Powerslide. Drifting was what you
did in the classroom and got in trouble for it!
I soon learn't "there is no substitute for cubic inch"!!!!!
So please don't tell anyone I had a Camira OK!
I thought the whole idea of drifting was a sustained slide with the use of throttle control, not making some under powered front wheel drive crawl around like a gut shot rabbit. Ive got photo evidence of your Camira days Shoey! suzuki swift gti project Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthoon Mon 19 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

lol come for a drive with me and ill show u just how to sustain a drift in a front wheel drive u only need to throttle control in rear wheels for a front wheel u just keep the power on full be prepared for a quick down shift and possibly handbrake assist i remember back in the days that people use to use maccas trays under the rear tyres on FF's to get em to drift and to do burnouts well in a high powered front wheel drive u dont need maccas trays to drift or do burnouts the right set up for the car is all u need and i spent alot of time and choice words perfecting the lil ice cube and its amazing peoples reactions when they get in it lol
Nighthoon
Nighthoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Mon 19 Apr 2010, 2:37 pm

Did all that in the camira with no Maccas trays. long before
maccas came to Rocky thats over 21yrs ago. any drift that involves handbraking is cheating . if a car has enough horses you dont need a handbrake IMO
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthoon Mon 19 Apr 2010, 5:46 pm

lol this is true i guess in all simplicity the way i drift is a strong power slide in a FF i dont think ive used handbrake assist in a long time slows u down to much to sustain the art of moving sideways another good way i found was soaking my spare tyre sets in horse troughs full of detergent (had to do that with my old corolla) and it works well but the tyres do not stand up to mch of a beating 45 mins and their of no use to any1
Nighthoon
Nighthoon

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 19 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

Yeah got to agree with you Shoey, handbrakes are for pussies! suzuki swift gti project Icon_lol At the end of the day it's all about cubic inches and ft/lbs. And we all know the best way to achieve it is with a pushrod dinosaur with 8 cylinders! Turn in, stand on throttle, fry tyres!
Although I can honestly say I haven't drifted Checkmate but my old Torana was great for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by boothy Mon 19 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

well i have know idea were you used to drift nighthoon but when i go drifting at ipswitch raceway (the paperclip) at powercruises or just on a drift day you would not be aloud to enter in a front wheel drive car as thay are not drifting but just slideing,yes you can drift in a ff but it is nowhere neer the same as a proper drift as the idea of drifting is yes throtle control,speed and being in close proximity of your rival so you can attempt to pass them.
yes i drive a ff but in no way would i say i drift it sure i can get it sideways but who couldnt. i thought it was kinda funny for your age that you say you are a retired drifter but now that i know it was in ff cars i can see why suzuki swift gti project 52019

well thats my opinion and 2bob worth
boothy
boothy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Tue 20 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

Nice tuner man!
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthoon Tue 20 Apr 2010, 7:31 pm

lol i used to be 2nd in charge of DMD the image aus's second biggest car custom workshop and we only did track days 5 times a year and we had our own skid pan in mt gravatt and a drift track just down the road at archerfeild and considering i have been drifting in a FF since before i even had my learners i can honestly say that FF's are alot more fun to drift then the big cubes ive had a high powered v8 soarer and a high powered twin turbo i6 soarer and i still prefer to drift in a FF mainly the fact remains that i would be among a small majority of people who actually understand the power to weight ratio of a front wheel and how to throw the weight of a FF properly where as anybody can get a rear wheel to drift they might not be able to sustain a drift for longer then 50m
Nighthoon
Nighthoon

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Tue 20 Apr 2010, 9:21 pm

Than your also one of the small minority that think front wheel drives handle good! suzuki swift gti project Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Wed 21 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

Nighthoon wrote:lol i used to be 2nd in charge of DMD the image aus's second biggest car custom workshop and we only did track days 5 times a year and we had our own skid pan in mt gravatt and a drift track just down the road at archerfeild and considering i have been drifting in a FF since before i even had my learners i can honestly say that FF's are alot more fun to drift then the big cubes ive had a high powered v8 soarer and a high powered twin turbo i6 soarer and i still prefer to drift in a FF mainly the fact remains that i would be among a small majority of people who actually understand the power to weight ratio of a front wheel and how to throw the weight of a FF properly where as anybody can get a rear wheel to drift they might not be able to sustain a drift for longer then 50m

Dude, Ya gunna have to stop big noting yourself, it's not looking good.
Please take this as constructive criticism and lets keep building models!!
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down