AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yep another 4banger

+5
checkmate
HAMMOSZED
Mustang_67
Shoey
boothy
9 posters

Go down

yep another 4banger Empty yep another 4banger

Post by boothy Mon 19 Apr 2010, 10:36 pm

ok firstly this is the wifes car lol i just thrash it and fix it
make:hyundai accent
year:2000
engine:1.5 ff
ok the story,the wife buys this car brand new even though i hated it and it was a hyundai but in all honestly it has been the best new car weve ever brought its got 312 034 klms on the clock its all factory stock except the gbox wich has a limited-slip diff in it now as i broke the original one at a drag meet at benaraby raceway back in 2005 oh and its got extractors and a 2 1/2 inch sports system wich split to twin muffler boxs at rear wich has been replaced with a single cannon (stupid move) has lost 23 bhp since the cannon was fitted has a full custom made body kit all round bare the wing and has 2 pac black painted intirior with some yellow bits wich was painted back in 2004 and tefflon insert raceing seats from japan
the sterio is made up of pioneer kicker and kenwood with pioneer head unit (2001) 2xpioneer pro-comp 280watt 400rms 61/2" 3-way speakers in the rear(2001) 2xkicker comp-series 300watt 400rms 61/2" 3-way splits in the front(2009) and 2x10" pioneer pro-comp 300watt 750rms subs in the boot(2001) powered by 2xpioneer 200 watt amps bridged for front/rear speakers(2001) and a kenwood 1800 watt bridged amp for subs(2009) last db reading (before kicker speakers and new amp for subs) was 137 db and aided a chip in windscreen to crack rather large wich was suprising
it has won a few trophies at car shows and is in the powercruise 7 dvd a few times with the old graffics wich ill show a pic of with how it looks now but we mainly do car shows for kids charitys or charity related things as we allow kids to sit in our car for photos wich usely shocks alot of people but we love the look on there faces when there aloud to hop in well heres some pics
yep another 4banger Our_ba12

this is how it looks in the powercruise dvd

yep another 4banger Fat_2810
yep another 4banger Our_ba13

the intiriors paint is still like new after 6 years of being parked out side every day and night

yep another 4banger Our_ba14
yep another 4banger Our_ba15

this is the second graphic sceme we had on it and at the time of this pic it was 2 1/2 years old and is vynal all our graffics get done by a local bloke called oryan signs and designs and hes a legend and does every thing from buisness signs to air brushing cars and bikes and for a sticker to last 3 years in the weather every day is testimate to his quality in his work
(just in case anyone needs a good sign writer) yep another 4banger 73318

yep another 4banger Logoed11and this is wot it has looked like for about a year and a half the skull is air brushed on to vynal and the front gaurds are allso vynal but im slowly pulling it all off for a nother sceme to make it look a bit more racey for a street sprint thats coming up soon
well this is my wifes ride and i say this because she designed the body kit and the intirior colour she fitted the carpet and its her little baby even thow i drive it more and now she has her wrx wich is her new baby but we both injoy working on it together and still injoy letting little kids sit in it or taking them for a drive in it every now and then

ok now before you all mok it how many of you can say that you thrash the living f#ck out of your daily driver for the last 10 years and still have all bare the gbox factory parts (factory meening wot you brought it new with) oh except brake pads lol

ok let the moking begin

yep another 4banger 73318
boothy
boothy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

yep another 4banger Empty Re: yep another 4banger

Post by Shoey Tue 20 Apr 2010, 12:42 am

Hey Boothy. It looks pretty cool for a rice. one thing, vacuum the carpet and change your rego lable ya mug! yep another 4banger 52019
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Tue 20 Apr 2010, 4:43 pm

Looks pretty good booths! Nice graphics yep another 4banger 238495
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by boothy Tue 20 Apr 2010, 10:48 pm

Shoey wrote:Hey Boothy. It looks pretty cool for a rice. one thing, vacuum the carpet and change your rego lable ya mug! yep another 4banger 52019

ha ha ha you know too many people shoey if your talking about wot i think your talking about it was fun though yep another 4banger Icon_lol
boothy
boothy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMMOSZED Tue 20 Apr 2010, 11:04 pm

yep another 4banger Icon_scratch sorry boothy, I dont get it, I can appreciate the effort involved, but yep another 4banger Icon_scratch a car weighing 4 to 5 times as much as my bike with more wheels and less neddies......
If you have to explain it I probably wont understand yep another 4banger Kopfschuettel
on the bright side the graphics are good, whats the story behind the skull design
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Tue 20 Apr 2010, 11:31 pm

Yeah I dont get it either Hammoszed but each to there own I guess. Im also very much old school though. Do away with the vinyl Boothy and paint some graphics on her. yep another 4banger Icon_wink

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Wed 21 Apr 2010, 8:54 am

most of these new age pocket rockets are not my cup of tea but do like the colours.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by boothy Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:17 pm

ok well first
hammoszed the skull design was all ryans creation as we were getting it ready for a show in gladstone and i just gave him the car and said do with wot u like and thats wot he did oh ryans the sign writer
checkmate we are going to do a full air brush job on her but the misses cant make up her mind wot she wonts so we just keep experamenting with vynal untill she says thats the one

and now the reason i do it well honestly i injoy takeing somthing standard and turning it into an eye catcher yes i do alot of small cars for people and will admit that i do them because its harder than a classic or a muscle car and when i say harder i mean with a v8 throw in a cam,set of headers with exhaust and a desent carb tune it and you can have a lot of fun (i prefer much more engine mods) but with a four banger its not that simple well it is but you dont get as much out of it so it more of a challenge and im old school so its gotta be blown or n/a turbos and injection are to easy to get power out of

basicaly i do it for the challenge and the time i get with the wife doing it yes she helps me do everything from building engines to painting the cars the only thing she doesnt help me with is models
boothy
boothy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:35 pm

V8's aren't that simple mate, although mild combo's sound great with just a cam and extractors, the real fun V8's have lots more work than that done.
Your right you do get a lot more out of a V8 though, we had a heavily modified Gemini van with a 2 litre in it that made enough HP to give us a win in the HP heroes at the Summernats in the 4 banger section if we where there, but couldnt make it and yet a mild 308 would still make more HP than it.
When you read the 4 pot mags and they do a list of mods a page long and then say it makes 87kw's you just think to yourself "why are you wasting your time and money f%cking around with this shit!" yep another 4banger Icon_rolleyes Just buy a Gen 3 Commodore and get 2 to 3 times the power in standard form, or a nice crisp 351 or 308 do the same amount of work and get 5 times the HP.
But its personal choice really, the only thing I truely hate is when the newspapers and TV stations mistake d-head wanna be's doing skids in their mums magna for car enthusiasts and label us all as irresponsible hoons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:08 pm

Yeah I agree, we're responsible hoons yep another 4banger Icon_lol The one that gets me, being a fan of the drags, is clowns street racing and being labelled by the media as drag racing, clueless F*#kwits.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Wed 21 Apr 2010, 11:27 pm

Tubman wrote:Yeah I agree, we're responsible hoons yep another 4banger Icon_lol The one that gets me, being a fan of the drags, is clowns street racing and being labelled by the media as drag racing, clueless F*#kwits.
Exactly mate, you dont spend big dollars on a vehicle to risk losing it or hurting someone by being a complete tool for a few other wanna be knobs.

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Wed 21 Apr 2010, 11:29 pm

Out of all my 4 bangers I had, the one that went the hardest was my Kawasaki ZZ/R! You can waste as much money as you want on cars but a good roadie will eat them! But you can only take two on a bike, and when it rains you get wet! There's always a positive and a negative I guess! yep another 4banger Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:40 am

Amen checkmate. You've got to spend a fair amount on any car before it'll beat even a stock decent sized road bike away from the lights.

As George Orwell should have said - 4 wheels good, 2 wheels better...

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMMOSZED Thu 22 Apr 2010, 6:02 pm

I'm with you Fred, and Checkmate, multiple carbs (or injection) decent exhaust, upgraded ignition. All basics on a bike -
My old 1977 Z1000 manages 98 RWHP, I have no idea what the power to weight ratio is even with my lardass on it but it eats most 4 wheelers any day of the week
and YEP, when it rains I get wet, and then I get to have a couple of days polishing alloy again, the price we pay.
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Thu 22 Apr 2010, 8:35 pm

boothy wrote:ok let the moking begin.
Hey Boothy, that's a pretty cool Korean, I love that simple tattoo graphic in the first pic.

Whilst I love my older cars and V8s, I also appreciate a well done riceburner.

In fact here's my latest.............

yep another 4banger Rukus1a

yep another 4banger Rukus2a

yep another 4banger Rukus4a

yep another 4banger Rukus5a

The car was built in the US for display at this year's SEMA Show. The engine has a stroker crank and lots of go fast goodies, including a big turbo the obvious intercooler and that blue bottle between the back seats filled with laughing gas. The Dyno sheet shows just on 900hp....... at the front wheels! Sounds awesome for what started as a Camry 4 banger.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Thu 22 Apr 2010, 9:19 pm

That thing is awesome Carps!
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Fri 23 Apr 2010, 9:31 am

Yes it is and it puts Boothy's Mrs car into persepctive too.

The Tojo was built with a pretty big doese of Corporate Cash.

Boothy's ride is a great example of how a really neat car can be put together at home using what's available and without emtying the bank account.

The vinyl graphics are a great example of being innovative and clever to create something that looks cool without the expense of a $30k custom paintjob.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boothy Fri 23 Apr 2010, 6:47 pm

awsome job carps and love the skulls in the natral flame brush work to its wot sets it off for me

and yes our car is a verry cheap car compared to most but its not about the money to me but more building it yourself now dont get me wrong i like people who build for others as i do but i have more fun saying we built it rather than someone else however i do give heaps of credit to people who do things for us as with out them it wouldnt be the same i just cant wait untill im able to start my own buisness doing my own mods the old school way and even though my shop will one day be called fat4s i hope i get a good range of v8s aswell cause ya just gotta love that crisp responsive sound of a hungry v8

oh and thanks for all the coments guys and yes i to hate that word hoon in my eyes theres bloody d#ckheads and theres car lovers im a car lover and enthusiast sure i have fun in my car but not to showoff just simply cause i enjoy it and agree racing should be done on a track or strip and thats it its were its ment to be

till next time ta ta
boothy
boothy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down