AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knackers VX Clubby

4 posters

Go down

Knackers VX Clubby Empty Knackers VX Clubby

Post by Knackers Mon 26 Apr 2010, 11:41 am

This is my 2001 VX ClubSport, build No. 484 (hence the rego), It’s pretty much stock all but the wheels, I plan on leaving it that way, although I would like to do the exhaust and maybe cold air induction. Don’t drive it all that much, only done 130 klm’s. But nice to have there when I feel like taking it out for a blast. I have just recently got my hands on a cavalier resin kit that I thought was 2001 VX Clubsport, but had a good look at the kit and it’s actually a VT (series 2), spewing, o well, I will see what I can do with it, they are very similar, so few mods, maybe I can get it close, will post in work shop when I start it.

Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0510
Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0010
Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0410

Last edited by Knackers on Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Type O)
Knackers
Knackers
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Knackers VX Clubby Empty Re: Knackers VX Clubby

Post by Mustang_67 Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:23 pm

Nice clubby Pete Knackers VX Clubby Icon_cool
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:29 pm

Nice clubby Knackers but think ya got it a bit wrong with the Cavalier clubby, they only ever did the one, which is the 2001 version, well that's what it's supposed to be (might be VT). Front and rear bumpers are way to big.
Nobody has ever done a VN, the only thing close was a VP V8 Supercar made by Jaymar (which is a rip off of a diecast car), pics below. There have been no other commodore kits done as there are licencing issues.
Knackers VX Clubby VP1
Knackers VX Clubby VP2
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm

Jaymar also did a VK group C and VL Walky, that got ripped off and was getting sold on ebay and a mate of mine did VT V8 supercars and also VK's.
http://www.scaleautomobilia.com.au/resins/clubsport2.jpg
Its listed as a 2001 clubsport.

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:41 pm

Sorry Rob, forgot about those others from Jaymar, the VK was a piece of crap (suprise) and the VL Walky was originally ripped off from a diecast as well, if you have a close look on the front guard you will see a raised area that is a sticker for the HSV badge that he never bothered taking off when he cast it.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackers Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

Cheers Tubs, yeah/no I haven't got it wrong, they can call it what they want? but it's definitely a VT, there are some Very distinctive differences between the VT & VX, VX uses Berlina/Calais front (sharp points on lower inner of head lights), there rear tail lights are the same shape but VX uses Calais rear again, and the lower part of the rear bumper is different, VT has small silver arched type arrangement at the lowest part, and VX has big flat silver/grey insert (like in photo above). If you look close at the photo on the box, you will see that it has VT tail light. Anyway, cheers for the feedback.
Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0325
Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0324
Knackers VX Clubby Rimg0323
Knackers
Knackers
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:09 pm

No worries mate, I do know the difference between Vt and VX, I have a VT Berlina and the missus has a VX Acclaim, think the problem is in your first post, you said the Cavalier one was a VN, may have just been a typo.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackers Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:16 pm

Tubman wrote:No worries mate, I do know the difference between Vt and VX, I have a VT Berlina and the missus has a VX Acclaim, think the problem is in your first post, you said the Cavalier one was a VN, may have just been a typo.
Ok, now I'm with you, your rite I meant to say VT (son's got a VN Calais, so that’s where that came from), I had better change that! hope I didn't offend ya, I'm sure you know more about Commo's than I do anyway, sorry for the confusion
Knackers
Knackers
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:23 pm

Na, all good mate. At least you you have a good reference point to fix any of the wrongs on it. Don't know if you know the way to scale down from 1:1 to 1:25. Measure the real thing in inches then the model in mm's, so if the front bumper is 23inches from top to bottom for example then on the model it would be 23mm, so what your 1:1 is in inches the model should be the same in mm, make sense Knackers VX Clubby Icon_scratch HTH
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: