AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles

5 posters

Go down

Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Empty Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles

Post by modelmaker Thu 22 May 2008, 7:42 pm

Terry has asked me to post pics of this model in this Thread so here it is I finished this model about 3 years ago ,it was entered in the SA Scale model Expo in large scale cars category for those of you that may remember it .
I've done a lot of extra work to it including a machined and hand laced set of brass wire wheels I could go on forever about what extra details were added but I'll let the photos do the talking Very Happy

Sean
Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Mef5-vi-1
Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Mef9-vi-1
Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Mef4-vi

modelmaker
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-03-28

http://public.fotki.com/modelmaker/

Back to top Go down

Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Empty Re: Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles

Post by tjjr07 Thu 22 May 2008, 8:04 pm

absolutely incredibal work, hope to see more of it Wink
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles Empty Re: Protar 1/12th scale Fiat Mephistopheles

Post by tezza43 Thu 22 May 2008, 8:17 pm

May I add my accolades to tj's comments. This is remarkable work and involves a subject I absolutely love - vintage car racing when men were men and cars were rough and unwieldy monsters. A great time in history recorded perfectly by a maestro. Well done Sean.
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Fri 23 May 2008, 4:15 am

What an awesome piece of equipment, just incredible cheers .
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Auroranut Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

WOW!!
I just found this thread while googling the kit.
Beautiful work mate!!
I built this one years ago then sold it to Sherriffs when they were still in Penrith. I'd dearly love to find it again!! One of my all time favourite kits!!

Chris. Smile Smile

Auroranut

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 9:13 pm

I still have one of these in my stash and am looking forward to building it one day. Chris you may find this link interesting, as it mentions the history of the real car as well as the model. http://www.bigscalemodels.com/cars/fiat_mefistofele/mephistopheles.html

You can view more of Sean Morgan's (Modelmaker) works here. http://www.scalemotorcars.com/gallery/member.php?uid=87&protype=1;

aus
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by Auroranut Sat 19 Mar 2011, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the great links Tezza!! Mate, there's some incredibly talented guys out there and Sean definitely ranks amongst the best!
I found some pics of his Mephistopholes when I was googling earlier today and the job he's done is mindblowing!!
The history of this car is very interesting. I never knew much at all about it but it seems it really earned its name. It's good to know it still exists.
You're a very lucky guy to have this fine kit in your collection Tezza. You'll enjoy the build I'm sure. It's a challenging kit but satisfying build.

Chris. Smile

Auroranut

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down