AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's a few of mine.

+4
speedster
stevegt738
Paul
Carps
8 posters

Go down

Here's a few of mine. Empty Here's a few of mine.

Post by Carps Sat 22 Mar 2008, 10:44 am

Think I mentioned I don't do stock and I'm not a big fan of late model stuff, so my stash is pretty much all pre 1960, although there's a couple of late models waiting to be built.

Here's my take on the RM Deuce Highboy Roadster. Built using most of the drive-train and wheels from the RM '40 Deluxe convert kit.

Here's a few of mine. Fronthigh

Here's a few of mine. BluDeuce

This one is even more traditional with an AMT flattie and the running gear from the RM '48 Woodie, modified to fit the deuce chassis.

Here's a few of mine. Highboy1

Here's a few of mine. Old32
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Here's a few of mine. Empty Re: Here's a few of mine.

Post by Carps Sat 22 Mar 2008, 10:45 am

This is the AMT Dick Tracey coupe with drive-train and dropped front axle from AMT '40 coupe kit, wheels from RM Highboy Deuce Roadster. My first water based paint job, was not so much fun as I had to start over a few times.

Here's a few of mine. Coupefrt

Here's a few of mine. Coupelines

This one believe it or not is the AMT Boyd Coddington Deuce Coupe kit with a few bits sent to the parts bin and a few more taken from the same place.

Here's a few of mine. Grndooc1

Here's a few of mine. Grndooc3
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 22 Mar 2008, 10:47 am

AMT '50 Ford convert customised with some kit parts and tailamps from '57 Chrysler.

Here's a few of mine. Blu50-1

Here's a few of mine. Blue50-1

This one almost replicates a car I drove when I was much younger, however the real one had a Y block Ford not the six carbed Caddy that's in this version.

Here's a few of mine. Coupe34wall

Here's a few of mine. Blu34
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 22 Mar 2008, 10:52 am

I wasn't sure when I opened this one as it seemed to be a promo body modified to fit the race car chassis. After removal of the remains of the inner fenders and firewall, it was starting to look more like the real car. I added windows not in the kit plus some details and changed the front wheels for 12 spokes as worn by the real car and then started mixing paint. It's a gold base, covered by orange pearl fogged in to replicate the paint on the real car.

Here's a few of mine. Pontitoprhs

The plastic tyres bugged me a bit at first but once painted with a combination of flat and semi-gloss, they look OK.

Here's a few of mine. Ponchohiside

This one was inspired by many of the cars I drove when younger, raepaired with parts from other cars and never complete.

Here's a few of mine. Patch1

This one, is a car I would build tomorrow if only I could find the base car at the right price. They go for around $150k in average condition n the US. I do have a lead on one that might be available for the right price but it's a long shot.

Running gear is from RM Deuce Coupe, front bumper is Plymouth from AMT '40 S/D, other minor tweaks like filled bonnet and cleaned up back door.

Here's a few of mine. Wood
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 22 Mar 2008, 10:56 am

This one just kind of evolved as I experimented with different finishes and added parts that seemed to belong together.

Here's a few of mine. Rustycoupe

My good friend Jay Carnine wrote a book about a kid from the US midwest who moved to California with his family in the early fifties. Very much his own life's story, it's a good read with the hero driving a black '40 coupe he inherited from his grandad and falling for the gal next door. This is that car, it uses the dropped front axle from the RM '40 convert with AMT wheels and tyres up fron for the desired California 'rubber rake', it also has a dual system with Smitty mufflers and a few other minor mods as made by the hero of Jay's story. I'm also working on a few other cars from the book, including a blown Olds powered '40 coupe.

Here's a few of mine. Pinky

Here's a few of mine. Vince3

Here's one you wont see every day. The original car is a very high quality die cast made by Toyota of their very first car, the 1936 Toyota AA Saloon, and given to senior executives of the company (Like the original car, the model was never sold to the public). This is my version with dropped axles, Rear pie crust slicks and engine modified with dual carbs and split headers etc.

Here's a few of mine. T1
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat 22 Mar 2008, 2:21 pm

Carps wrote:
My good friend Jay Carnine wrote a book about a kid from the US midwest who moved to California with his family in the early fifties. Very much his own life's story, it's a good read with the hero driving a black '40 coupe he inherited from his grandad and falling for the gal next door. This is that car, it uses the dropped front axle from the RM '40 convert with AMT wheels and tyres up fron for the desired California 'rubber rake', it also has a dual system with Smitty mufflers and a few other minor mods as made by the hero of Jay's story. I'm also working on a few other cars from the book, including a blown Olds powered '40 coupe.

Here's a few of mine. Pinky

Here's a few of mine. Vince3

Well you learn something new everyday! I've seen this many times and never knew you build it as a replica! Cool
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:43 pm

Cool collection, love the Toyota. Where or how did you come across it?
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by speedster Sat 22 Mar 2008, 8:00 pm

Hey carps did toyota by the stamps from de soto . got air flow all over it mate.
speedster
speedster
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Sun 23 Mar 2008, 10:12 am

very nice work, im liking the blue highboy with the red highlights and white walls. the paint on the toyota looks flawless.
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 23 Mar 2008, 11:12 am

stevegt738 wrote:Cool collection, love the Toyota. Where or how did you come across it?
If you check my profile, you'll notice I'm an executive at a small car company. Wink
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 23 Mar 2008, 11:33 am

speedster wrote:Hey carps did toyota by the stamps from de soto . got air flow all over it mate.

It's a long story, but when Soichiro Toyoda told his old man he wanted to build cars, he was sent to detroit to learn. He worked at GM whilst studying automotive engineering etc at university and also spent time at a couple of the other car companies. He borrowed ideas from all of the places he went, tus the syle of the car is very much Chrysler's advanced for the time, Airflow. The engine and chassis very much derived from GMs famous 'Stovebolt'. Unfortunately the technology didn't exist in japan to press the large roof panels so the sedan never went into production. The original car being desroyed during the war years. However, there are now 3 cars all hand built from the original drawings, one being on display at toyota's large Tokyo complex another in the foyer of the Toyota museum in Toyota City and the other stored for special duty as required.

The first production Toyota carried the same styling and mechanical package, however it was dubbed the AB Phaeton as it had a folding canvas top. These cars were used widely as military staff cars during the war years and by then a sedan version had joined the line-up, with updated styling features.

Post war production took some time to get going. However the interesting thing about that is that an American named Demming had a readical idea for a production system than the industry in America thought a little crazy. Soichiro Toyoda on the other hand thought it had much merrit and Demming was employed by the Toyoda company to develop his idea into what is now known as 'The Toyota Production System' which is pretty much the global benchmark for lean roduction of high quality products.

Where did the money come from to start the car company? Sakichi Toyoda, was the first Japanese to take out a global patent whic he did late in the 19th century for a device he invented to make his mother's life easier. He invented the Toyoda utomatic Loom and sold the patent for millions of dollars. The Toyoda Automatic Loomworks remains today and some of you may have even seen Toyota branded sewing machines. Today the company not onlycontinues to make cars, looms and sewing machines, it also builds aeroplanes, houses and most of the components required to make cars etc.

In Australia, the company is has been number one for many years now. It is also the biggest exporter of finished goods sending over 100,000 new Camrys and Aurions to overseas customers each year. The Australian arm emplys many people not just at toyota but other enterprises such as AAA at Bayswater (automotive Air Conditioning), Denso (Radiators, Instruments, Spark Plugs, Filters and other electronic items), Toyota Tuscho, (automotive seats and interiors).

There's a whole lot more to the story, but time to get back to model cars.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun 23 Mar 2008, 6:05 pm

Great stuff Carps.. you need some more rusters in the collection! scratch
Andy
Andy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 853

https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/AndyDubz/Models/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Mon 24 Mar 2008, 12:22 am

I'm workin on it Andy.

Got to finish Don Dillard's A coupe and get it out of the garage, so I've just started working on another '34 coupe body, to replace it. Might even get it done in time for Ballarat, although I'm working harder on the 'Salt' car. Wink
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by cdansie Mon 24 Mar 2008, 10:12 am

Looks like I still get to keep up with your modeling exploits Carps
Nice selection
Chris
cdansie
cdansie

Male Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by cruz Mon 24 Mar 2008, 11:56 am

Very cool stuff man, I love the Pontiac!!!!!

cruz
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down