AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT

+4
Carps
tjjr07
Paul
speedster
8 posters

Go down

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Empty NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT

Post by speedster Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:23 pm

Hi guys thought i would get this post moving so heres my new modified roadster havnt been able to run it yet due to wet lake in south oz maybe next year.speedster if you want more pics let me know.

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Picture364-1

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Picture342
speedster
speedster
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Empty Re: NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT

Post by Paul Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:28 pm

That's wild ! anymore details, Engine etc
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Empty Re: NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT

Post by speedster Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:31 pm

runs a sbc 301 ci raceglide
speedster
speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:34 pm

very nice, what sort of speed are you hoping to get with it??? did you build it yourself??? would love a toy like this
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by speedster Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:39 pm

If i get a 175 mph & put to long track that will be enough for first year! dont think motor will last long track will need dry sump to sort that out.pic of the dummy motor in the hole try and find my other pics here some where

NEW SALT FLAT RACER IF THE SALT EVER DRYS OUT Picture353
speedster
speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 23 Mar 2008, 11:07 am

First time that that the event didn't clash with Sprintcar calendar and I still had to stay home. Crying or Very sad

If it makes you feel better, Bonneville was a little damp this year too, which meant many of the fast cars didn't get to run. Late Sunday or was it Monday, the water came up thu salt on long course just as Mike Siewert was skooting along at around 180mph in the North of 49, 200+ mph A roadster Pick-up. The footage from the video camera strapped to the cage is fantastic, white, mountains, white, mountains, white mountains and so on, until it stopped spinning.

Your smallblock may surprise you. Met a guy at Boneville in '99 running a car very similar to yours for the first time. However his was powered by a 2 litre Toyota Celica four banger taken from a stocker. The engine was untouched as he just wanted to get the chassis sorted and it ran over 175 first timer out. Next time I was there in 2001, it was running well over 200 on the same engine, albeint with a little more tuning and finnesse.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sun 23 Mar 2008, 2:50 pm

Wow speedster, it looks fast just sitting there.

frank

Male Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by speedster Sun 23 Mar 2008, 4:02 pm

Yeh i just wonder how fast it is , thanks Frank this sites a bit closer to home hey. paul
speedster
speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sun 23 Mar 2008, 4:23 pm

speedster wrote:Yeh i just wonder how fast it is, thanks Frank this sites a bit closer to home hey. paul

Yeah, it's nice to have another Aussie forum. I think your on the other one too.

I have an old mate that races at Lake Gairdner, when it's dry enough. You may know him, Ray Charlton.

frank

Male Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by speedster Sun 23 Mar 2008, 4:30 pm

Yeh mate i know ray & steve. love this site every bodies freindly no rivet counters yet.
speedster
speedster

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun 23 Mar 2008, 4:43 pm

speedster wrote: love this site every bodies freindly no rivet counters yet.

Rivet Counters won't be welcomed here as this is meant to be F U N ! ! And if peolple have nothing nice to say they should'nt be saying anything IMHO.
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2008, 10:04 pm

Do U think Gardiner will ever dry out, I've been trying to get there for the past 3 yrs and the last 2 have been wet. Want to run my street car just once to say I've it in a street car, BUT have put a P76 V8 over it back in '01 I think went up there with know idea U had to be a member just heard about it and went, but I got to run after complaining about the distance just to spectate. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Monaro Wed 02 Apr 2008, 7:52 pm

Any more news about the lake?
I live around the corner from Smurf he was telling me he was hoping that his truck runs better this year. He had heaps of projects around the place.
Monaro
Monaro

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Fri 18 Apr 2008, 6:39 pm

This looks like fun.
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2008, 9:01 am

The DLRA site should have info on the condition of the lake, if it's U'r first time on the lake with U'r speedster I can tell U'll be disappointed to know not many guys get over 100mph on thier first try. I went up there with the concived idea of running 200 in the P76 and was lucky to get 95mph out of it the heat can upset engines something shocking that's Y it's called "The Big White Dyno" no one runs their expected speed first time up. I did eventually get to 150 but nothing more. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Tue 22 Apr 2008, 9:05 am

200 mph would be scary in a p76, fun but scary. you should post up a pic for us
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by 09WNS/14BRK Sun 28 Sep 2008, 6:45 pm

wow looks great
09WNS/14BRK
09WNS/14BRK

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum