AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome

+5
tezza43
RetrospectKustoms
Paul
Adam Clark
Andrew J
9 posters

Go down

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Empty Lexus IS250 - Monochrome

Post by Andrew J Fri 04 May 2012, 8:00 pm

Hi fellas

I thought I would post some pics up of this build I have had going for the last few weeks while I get spare time away from AutoCAD.

Its a build of my 1:1 Lexus IS250 which is posted up in the 1:1 discussion page. I have given the build the name 'Monochrome' as everything is black and grey and I figured the name suits. Here is a pic of the 1:1.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Imgp2111

So far I have got the chassis and suspension done, lowered enough without having to chop the inners out as I wanted this one to be a quick build. Even though the kit is a curbside, I still gave the exhaust, springs and brakes a detail painting. The exhaust, discs and springs are Tamiya Chrome Silver and the calipers are Metallic Grey just to change it up a bit. The chassis itself is Tamiya flat black rattle can and I have done the stone guards in gloss black to break it up. The disc brakes are slotted resin items from The Parts Box which dont replicate the ones on the car, but it is on the to do list as I am not happy with the stock discs at the moment. A few pics.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04530

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04531

The Interior is basically box stock, painted Tamiya Flat Black rattle can again because it was faster. I have added some speakers from The Parts Box which hasnt been done to the 1:1, but I figured it needed some ricing up. The real car has some interior parts painted Silver and charcoal so I have tried to replicate this as well as I can with the Metallic Silver and Metallic Grey again. Its not really noticable unless you get real close to it. I have also flocked the floor on this one which is still patchy but its all black so isnt all that noticable. The only part of the interior that I couldnt fix is the kit dash has a navigator screen which I dont have in my car as I was more concerned about having the sunroof so I left it the way it is but they dont give a decal for it so I used one from my parts box. I should have the interior done tonight so I will post some pics up once its done, but here are some pics of the dash and speakers.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04532

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04533

The body needs some work to suit the real car. The kit is of a 2006 but the real one is a 2010 so there are some subtle differences between the years. The 2006 has the blinkers in the front guards where as the 1:1 has them in the mirrors with a chrome trim. I have so far filled the front blinkers in the guards and also filled the roof shark fin antenna as this is a japanese option and the 1:1 doesnt have it. I am yet to sand this back ready for primer. I will get to the blinkers in the mirrors when I get the body under primer. Also as I mentioned before I had to have the sunroof in the 1:1 and the kit doesnt have one, so I have carved out a big hole in the roof for this. I even cut up an old windscreen for the glass but I ran over it with my computer chair. SPEWING. I will just need to use some clear sheet with Tamiya smoke now or leave it out altogether as if the sunroof is open. I will make my mind up later. Some pics of the body so far.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04534

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04535

As for the wheels, it just so happens that i had a set of wheels from an Honda Odyssey kit a while back sitting in my parts box that are almost exactly the same as the 20s I have fitted to my car, so that ended up being lucky. I had some nice centrecap decals applied to these but they didnt stick and got ruined. No biggy as they werent really noticable anyway.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04536

Here is a pic of the mock up before I did any painting or filling but after I had modified the suspension to lower it.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04537

Anyway, hopefully this one doesnt take too much longer as I am itching to start my GAS build F100. If the weather stays as it is, I should be able to get this one sanded and painted in the next week or so.

I hope you like it. Any criticisms and questions welcome.

Cheers

AJ
Andrew J
Andrew J
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Empty Re: Lexus IS250 - Monochrome

Post by Adam Clark Fri 04 May 2012, 8:07 pm

That should look great AJ. Make sure you do an exceptional job on this one Smile
Adam Clark
Adam Clark
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri 04 May 2012, 8:50 pm

Kool replica in the making, at least you won't have problem finding reference material...........I'll follow along popcorn
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew J Fri 04 May 2012, 9:38 pm

Hi again

As promised I got the interior done about 10 minutes ago.

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04538

Lexus IS250 - Monochrome Dsc04539

Cheers fellas. I am going to try my best Adam. Something will go wrong like always. lol

Plenty of reference material Paul. Funny thing is its in the driveway but I still took like 50 photos for this build. Its just laziness on my side.

Cheers

AJ
Andrew J
Andrew J

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrospectKustoms Sun 06 May 2012, 8:36 am

Looks great AJ, very tidy build. I like it.
RetrospectKustoms
RetrospectKustoms
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2475
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Sun 06 May 2012, 9:16 am

That is looking so good - you've hooked me into watching mate.

aus
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 06 May 2012, 9:26 am

ya me watching too,great job so far. popcorn
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 06 May 2012, 9:35 am

I'm digging this, just about to take delivery of my 6th 1/1 scale a pearl black F Sport this time. A most underrated car simply because it doesn't come with a German badge.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew J Sun 06 May 2012, 10:05 am

Cheers fellas. It is coming together as planned at this stage. Touch wood it stays this way until the end.

Carps wrote:I'm digging this, just about to take delivery of my 6th 1/1 scale a pearl black F Sport this time. A most underrated car simply because it doesn't come with a German badge.

I totally agree with you Carps. Before I drove this I drove a second hand and albeit much older Merc and Beemer in the same price range and I honestly can say they didnt compare. I am envious of your F sport too, although I must admit that I have my eyes on an ISF. Perhaps some time at the end of next year when I get really bored of this one. lol.

Thanks again

AJ
Andrew J
Andrew J

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie muscle Mon 07 May 2012, 1:51 pm

Nice work on the car, making the effort to make it look like your 1:1 is really going to set it apart.
aussie muscle
aussie muscle
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2011-06-06

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87459383@N07/albums/with/721577118

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Mon 07 May 2012, 5:47 pm

Coming along very nicely AJ, doing a 1:1 can be very difficult sometimes, coz you HAVE-TO stick to the plan, keep going coz its looking RIGHT!!
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3772
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down