AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE HASHING

4 posters

Go down

RE HASHING Empty RE HASHING

Post by Nighthoon Sun 01 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

ok so this weekend i decided to re hash a few old projects and maybe improve on some that i though at the time i sould have done better but didnt so i sat down and picked 2 that were the worst and the ones i really wished i had done more to improve them so i ended up with one of my 49 mercs on the bench and a 65 chev pickup

heres the merc this is one of 4 on my shelf and this one annoys me the most the paint is ridiculous and the wheels are stooooopid and the engine is stupid aswell
so out with the old in with the new

RE HASHING Img_1243
RE HASHING Img_1244
RE HASHING Img_1246
RE HASHING Img_1248
RE HASHING Img_1250
RE HASHING Img_1251
RE HASHING Img_1253
RE HASHING Img_1254
RE HASHING Img_1256

not bad looking? i painted it brilliant blue added some LED's changed the wheels to 12 slot fords i havent modified the chassis yet but i will be going with laker pipes but scratchbuilt ones the kit ones are nice but look to fake, the motor will be the kit one not the USA-1 big foot one, theres still alot of little things to be done mirrors etc but the re hash turned out good.

next on the list is the pick me up now this thing peeves me off i spent ages on the paint and it looks black the engine is a loss looks stupid

RE HASHING Img_0914
RE HASHING Img_0916
RE HASHING Img_0917

it looks stupid in my opinion so out with the old in with the new

RE HASHING Img_1258
RE HASHING Img_1261
RE HASHING Img_1263
RE HASHING Img_1265
RE HASHING Img_1266
RE HASHING Img_1268

so clearly a change in paint metallic red was the call here i kept the wheels, lowered the bum a bit tried to lower the front but not alot of room under the front, put on a bull bar and antenna made some rails for the tray with solder put on a rollbar, side pipes, loaded the tray up with just random stuff and oh that engine woot a 302 chevy plumbed and wired mwahaha oh and i made a new tray bed out of balsa wood but you cant really see it with all that crap in the tray lol so still a few little things to do of course but not bad for one day stint re doing old projects other re hashes in line after these are a mini cooper and an r32 skyline. got about 10 in a box ready to re hash so should keep me busy for a while haha
Nighthoon
Nighthoon
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

RE HASHING Empty Re: RE HASHING

Post by Nighthoon Sun 01 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

haha should have maybe posted some pics of the merc before the re hash eh?? here they are sorry there small

RE HASHING Pic_0513
RE HASHING Pic_0515
Nighthoon
Nighthoon

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoBuff Sun 01 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

Nighthoon, that's crazy cool mod's happin'n, me dig's it real well. Just curios, how and what type of led's did you use? may be quick how to is in order. cheer's John. coolman
AutoBuff
AutoBuff

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 01 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

both looking a lot better now.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthoon Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

absolutly easy peasy mate, i just used standard 5mm LED's only problem i had was that i only had one proper red LED the other was clear but was red anyway i had to paint over it clear red to get the effect. i had soldered wires to the LED's first before install and tested them all once i got the test stage done i mounted them all singularly with putty to hold em in place, then once the putty had set i wired them all together and i was going to wire them to 3 button cell batteries stored above the fuel tank and below the rear parcel tray however i then planned on putting it on a base so i have run the wires thru the fuel tank and you can't see the wiring, once you have a switch sorted out wire em up to the battery and hey presto let the lights shine i must add that some LED's will not work in parrallel or series if their ohm's or voltage are different i found this out the bright whites are 6 volt LED's and the reds are 1.5 volt but that teaches me for scavenging them out of toys Very Happy
Nighthoon
Nighthoon

Back to top Go down

Post by mopar68 Sun 01 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

Both look heaps better mate, especially like the Chev twothumbsup
mopar68
mopar68