AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Maverick Grabber

2 posters

Go down

Ford Maverick Grabber Empty Ford Maverick Grabber

Post by aussie muscle Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

This is a 1/24 scale diecast kit 74 Maverick by Motor Max. it's a primered unassembled diecast. It was missing the flame decals mentioned on the box, and the two lots of decals, were both the same colour. The instruction sheet is basic and done with black and white photos instead of the hand drawn you normally see. I don't know why they labeled this box 'American Graffiti', since that movie was set in 1962. The kit although snap kit still benefited from detail painting. I did the interior in a beige, with black dashboard detailed with silver trim. i also masked and painted the engine top (not a full engine). chassis is clunky, but i detailed it as a used car. One door got damaged, so i sanded it back and reprimed it (yes i will repaint it as some stage). the decals were trash, falling apart immediately. since there's a second set, i'll scan and reprint them.

The Maverick is ford's baby muscle car, styled similar to the Mustang made from 69 to 77. The Maverick was originally conceived and marketed as a subcompact "import fighter", intended to do battle with the Volkswagen Beetle and newer Japanese rivals. The Falcon, Ford's compact offering since 1960, had seen its sales decimated by the introduction of the Mustang in 1964, and despite a redesign in 1966, was unable to meet forthcoming federal motor vehicle standards that would come into effect on January 1, 1970. Consequently, the Falcon was discontinued midway through the 1970 model year, and the Maverick repositioned as Ford's compact entry.

it has nothing to do with the rebadged nissan patrol of the same name we had in australia.

Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber01
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber02
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber03
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber04
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber05
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber06
Ford Maverick Grabber Grabber07
aussie muscle
aussie muscle
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 963