AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS or TS tamiya ????

+2
dv8v8
baZOOKa
6 posters

Go down

PS or TS tamiya ???? Empty PS or TS tamiya ????

Post by baZOOKa Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:02 am

Whats the difference and what has the best out of the can shine? Im reading PS does not dry very glossy???

TIA
baZOOKa
baZOOKa
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1409
Registration date : 2011-07-15

http://www.outbackherbsandspices.com.au

Back to top Go down

PS or TS tamiya ???? Empty Re: PS or TS tamiya ????

Post by dv8v8 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:25 am

PS is for polycarbonate (i think thats it) plastics, that is the clear bodies on radio controlled cars, its sprayed on the inside of the body so the clear plastic is what gives the shine, i have used it on plastic bodies the same way as any other paint and found that after clear (TS13) its ok but somewhat soft and easily marked, my recomendation is to avoid it and stick to the TS range wich is intended for plastic kits.
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blatdriver Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:23 am

iagree PS paint is ok if you want a flat look, I tryed to put clear over it, it looked OK, but it toned down the colour also.

oh and i've been told that it's no good with oil paints over it, melts apparently
blatdriver
blatdriver
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1550
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackfreddie Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:23 pm

iagree also.  Forget about PS, stick with TS.  PS is designed for radio controlled thingys as dv8v8 mentioned.  The paint is designed so when it drys it stays slightly soft and flexible to allow for the bumps and bruises that these RC bodies are subject to.  Stay away from it, it will only cause you no end of grief.
fastbackfreddie
fastbackfreddie
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigdaddy0 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 12:10 am

Painting a model can be one of the most unforgiving experiences of model building but it can be one of the rewarding. To paint an awesome paint job takes practice. Iuse only tamiya or gunze spray cans. I have an expensive airbrush that i have not used as time does not permit me at the moment. I have used PS tamiya paint and the only problem has been the semi gloss appearance of the paint. Shoot a couple of coats of TS clear over it and you wouldn't know the difference. Any one who has used Lame flake by Tamiya would know what I am saying. I guess what it boils down to is feel comfortable with whatever painting system you use; and practice makes perfect. I hope I have helped you, if you follow the simple rules of spray painting with a can you should not have any problems. I have included some of my models painted with PS Tamiya paint.
PS or TS tamiya ???? 191110086PS or TS tamiya ???? 060310021PS or TS tamiya ???? 070409027
PS or TS tamiya ???? 260112059PS or TS tamiya ???? 260112048PS or TS tamiya ???? 260112029PS or TS tamiya ???? 151213056_zps79bdf7bc
PS or TS tamiya ???? 170213148_zpsfb7b001ePS or TS tamiya ???? 170213093_zpsd5350e12PS or TS tamiya ???? 191110090
Bigdaddy0
Bigdaddy0
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Iansmodels Mon 17 Feb 2014, 10:05 pm

ps paint has rubberisers in it to keep it flexible even under extreme conditions
both ts an ps are acrylic so they can be used together just dont try puting acrylic over an enamel base as it will instantly crinkly giving you an orange peel affect
Iansmodels
Iansmodels
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down