AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides

4 posters

Go down

Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides Empty Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides

Post by Hodgieboy Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm

Hello my fellow Auto Modellers. Just going to introduce myself first before I show off what I have been building.

My name is Michael, from New Zealand but live in Brisbane. Been here about 13 or 14 years on and off. I have been building plastic models properly for about 7years or so. Have been into 1/35th Model Tanks and Warhammer 40K. I have only just gotten into building Model Cars at the beginning of this year. I've always had a passion for cars and wanting to customize them. I own a 89' Toyota Dual Cab in real life so it was only right to buy the model kit to use as a prototype for my plans on my 1:1 Scale version haha.

The model cars that I have so far are:

Revell '94 Chevy Impala SS
Revell '64 Chevy Impala SS
2x Aoshima Toyota Hilux Double Cab
2x AMT '66 Ford Thunderbird Customizing Series (eBay find really cheap for the 2 kits, will probably sell one of them)
Monogram '70 Chevy Malibu (eBay find really cheap)

I have about 3 others that are for sale. Will post them in the Swap Meet.

First model to start this log with is my appropriately named 'HEAVY LUXROLET'

Aoshima Kit
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 27052014612

The Chassis. First frame I am using, 2nd Frame with the red rectangles is where I have cut all the none essentials. Needs to be C-Notched etc
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 27052014609-1

Body. All doors and bonnet lid cut out, this was a b!tch to cut, I coped a few nips myself. Also cut out the front end where the radiator will mount
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 02062014630

5.7L LS1 V8. Cut the crappily molded fuel rail line, and put in a metal one using a cut up paper clip. Plenty of work still to go
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 01062014623

The wheels I'm using. Came off a Chevy Impala Police Car, these resemble the '95-97 EF/EL Ford Falcon Steelies that I own
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 01062014628

Front end. Chrome Grill is off the '94 Impala. Needs a bit of green stuffing. Just 'mocking around' haha
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 01062014625

Side shot. 'Mocking around' some more
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 01062014627

Well I'm glad to have joined this community of modellers alike, share interests and such. Where are all the Brisbane peeps at too!!

Heres a pic of my real life Hilux at its current state. Fully un-registered, un-road worthy and illegal haha
Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides 08102013505

Last edited by Hodgieboy on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hodgieboy
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides Empty Re: Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides

Post by DeeCee Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:44 pm

G'day there Michael, welcome mate, i like where you are going with this one, nothing like cutting everything up is there.
I see you have the same inspiration as i do on the workbench. ( TEDS ) Smile MMMM

Keep us posted wont you mate. ( on the build, not the beer.)
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3772
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides Empty Re: Hodgieboy's Project Log of Kustom Rides

Post by allan Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:48 pm

Welcome here, off to a interesting start.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by slowlylearning Tue 03 Jun 2014, 6:33 pm

Not holdin' back aye! Looking shmicko Very Happy

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down