AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Desert Kenworth T904

+2
allan
bennyg
6 posters

Go down

Wild Desert Kenworth T904 Empty Wild Desert Kenworth T904

Post by bennyg Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

Hi Fellas. This is my current project. I'm building this for my brother to give to his boss. It's an Auslowe T904 KW conversion on a Moebius Lonestar chassis. Cheers.

Ben

The real truck:
Wild Desert Kenworth T904 IMG_0341_zpsecgra2oc_1

my work so far
Wild Desert Kenworth T904 IMG_0375_zpse5hb9kla_1
Wild Desert Kenworth T904 IMG_0376_zpsf8tn42wq_1

bennyg
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Wild Desert Kenworth T904 Empty Re: Wild Desert Kenworth T904

Post by allan Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm

Cool Kenworth
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm

Looks like being a good subject to do. Did you bend the exhaust pipes yourself? Why the Lonestar? It would be dearer than the "Australian" KW wouldn't it? Is this what Auslowe suggest or does it have more useable bits than the KW? Been thinking about one but it's a pretty hefty bill by the time you buy the donor kit, trans kit and all the bling to go with it.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2013-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyg Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:38 pm

Deaf as wrote:Looks like being a good subject to do. Did you bend the exhaust pipes yourself? Why the Lonestar? It would be dearer than the "Australian" KW wouldn't it? Is this what Auslowe suggest or does it have more useable bits than the KW? Been thinking about one but it's a pretty hefty bill by the time you buy the donor kit, trans kit and all the bling to go with it.

I bent the exhausts myself using fire, and a set of k&s springs. I need to sand and polish them. Auslowe has made the conversion kit to use the moebius/revell lonestar but one of my mates who's a die hard KW man uses revell KW kits. A lot of work to use a revell KW kit. Check out the auslowe site for more info as well. Cheers for he interest guys.

Ben

bennyg

Back to top Go down

Post by window Wed 04 Feb 2015, 9:54 pm

looking good so far!

window
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrospectKustoms Thu 05 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

Looks good so far.
RetrospectKustoms
RetrospectKustoms
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2475
Registration date : 2011-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rwaldram Sun 15 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm

Deaf as wrote:Why the Lonestar? It would be dearer than the "Australian" KW wouldn't it? Is this what Auslowe suggest or does it have more useable bits than the KW?

The old revell KW Australia kit was never accurate to begin with, when you then look at the fact it was an 80's model truck and we're now looking at putting a 2010+ conversion on it, it becomes a nightmare. The lonestar has much more modern suspension, chassis design and offers a few other bonuses too.

As for cost, in my local hobby store the revel KW and lonestar are almost on par with eachother where price is concerned, the moebius lonestar (whilst getting harder to find) is a bit cheaper.

rwaldram
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyg Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:22 am

rwaldram wrote:
Deaf as wrote:Why the Lonestar? It would be dearer than the "Australian" KW wouldn't it? Is this what Auslowe suggest or does it have more useable bits than the KW?

The old revell KW Australia kit was never accurate to begin with, when you then look at the fact it was an 80's model truck and we're now looking at putting a 2010+ conversion on it, it becomes a nightmare. The lonestar has much more modern suspension, chassis design and offers a few other bonuses too.

As for cost, in my local hobby store the revel KW and lonestar are almost on par with eachother where price is concerned, the moebius lonestar (whilst getting harder to find) is a bit cheaper.

The revell KW australia t900 does have KW chassis rails and crossmembers which look pretty accurate to real T904. The big advantage I find using the lonestar chassis is its thickness to take the weight of the conversion plus Auslowe designed specifically for the lonestar kit.

A lot of people are now altering the front end of the italeri superliner to "mackify" the chassis along with using crossmembers from the ertl dm600-800 or mack crossmembers from auslowe.

I'm happy wrh the lonestar kit as a base personally.

Cheers

Ben

bennyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down