AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished!

4 posters

Go down

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Empty Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished!

Post by Gabosamu Thu 19 Feb 2015, 8:04 am

Hello this is my "return" to scale models, I bought this one on dec 23rd, I was able to dedicate 1 or 2 hours daily and some full days on weekends, after 11 years without painting anything I think it came out right, I had to look for a lot of pictures of the engine bay to be able to put as many wires as I could on the right place, the chasis was "pre-painted" I only masked and painted the "red areas" and I left it box stock since I wanted to put it together fast, I was frustrated at first when I opened this kit and realized it was too simple!, but later on that´s what made me work a lot more on it, so I didn´t finshed that fast because my "modifying spirit" took over and it ended up like this:

I had to cut the front wheels since they were identical to the rear ones, they didn´t looked right on the front, I took those from a Jada Cadillac STS that was "missing in action" (MIA) by my son who was kind enough to entirely destroy the chasis, buy that gave me the wheels and speakers for this one, and the engine for a diecast that I already posted on the diecast forum.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro10

Made a mask for the grill, took the idea from one of the forgiatto camaros, the front lower lights were modified too.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro11

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro12

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro13

The power source and speakers with wiring and decals.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro14

I liked the way the engine bay ended, it took me a lot of time and some nasty words to finish it, the radiator cap and hoses tied to it are a single piece, I had to make a hole through the cap and pass half of the wire (stripped the plastic from it) and then put back the plastic wire so that the it could hold as one piece, before that I tried to put the cap and then two wires but they moved too much and as one piece they ended up with a better support and less movement.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro15

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro16

I couldn´t work too much on the bottom of it since you can´t "move" the suspension to paint it right, I was able to replace the little steel bar that was supposed to hold the rear wheels with one of those coffee straws, because if I simply threw it away there was a hole on each side that was causing me mental cramps.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro17

I was able to add the oil checking thing which I don´t remember it´s real name (in yellow) the sparkplug wires, some others and as many hoses as I could.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro18

How I build it:

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro19

Airplane modelers might hate for this one, I wasn´t able to build an F22 that I started buying on one of those magazines that sell some parts of it each week, but when the last set of pieces was supposed to come out they simply stopped selling it, so I took it for spare parts for my cars Very Happy the radiator cap is one of the landing gear pins where the tire fits, and painting the yellow bits was a bit hard since I had to use a needle to remove some of the paint with it.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro20

I forgot to take photos from most of the process (I apologize for that) but I was able to build the front suspension since it was too simple and taking off the steel rod that was supposed to hold the front tires it was going to be too weak, it looks better and supports the wheels a lot better.

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro21

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro22

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro23

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro24

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Camaro25

Hope you guys like it and thaks for stopping by!
Gabosamu
Gabosamu
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-12-04

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=93886

Back to top Go down

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Empty Re: Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished!

Post by allan Thu 19 Feb 2015, 10:39 am

Very cool chevy
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished! Empty Re: Beyond Box Stock, Camaro ZL1 Revell Modified and Finished!

Post by dv8v8 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 6:12 pm

bigthumbsup
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blatdriver Fri 20 Feb 2015, 9:00 am

looksgreat Very nice work, the engine bay looks awesome Magnifico
blatdriver
blatdriver
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1550
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum