AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update

5 posters

Go down

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Empty A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update

Post by Bernard Kron Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

There are certain subjects I keep returning to repeatedly as my skills and techniques evolve. One is the ’32 Ford, in particular the various Revell Deuce kits, and the other is the classic early to mid-sixties front engine dragster, in particular the super-light, super quick Junior Fuelers. In the second case my preferred base kit tends to be the MPC Ramchachargers Dragster kit. I like the ultra-low legs-under rear axle stance and the just-right proportions of its 160” wheelbase chassis.

I’m always thinking about my next dragster but these days I only seem to build one every 12 months or so. Now is that time, and this one won’t quite be a Junior Fueler, although I’m using the Ramchargers kit. This time I’m running a Big Block Chevy instead of the small block motor that was de rigeur if you were running a Junior Fueler back in the day (310 c.i. limit). This is because of a really pretty Enderle fuel injector setup I bought from Speed City Resin a while back. It only fits the Chevy Big Block so, BBC it is!

With this project I decided to experiment with large area decals to create a fogged panel style paint job. The underlying color is DupliColor Metalcast metallic Ground Coat which is a near perfect 1/25th scale silver metalflake. If you print homemade decals on an inkjet printer you will quickly realize that the colors are very transparent and the base color shows through strongly. So inkjet color decal + silver metallic base coat = kandy color. Using Photoshop I made decals to create the fogged panel paint job I was thinking of. It took some experimenting but the technique works quite well. This one is very simple but now that I’ve figured it out I think I’ll be using it some more.

Below are a couple of composite pictures. The first one shows the Western Manufacturing Special body shell from Altered States Models I used, and the Enderle injectors from Speed City Resins. The second shows the decal layout I made and the decals applied to the silver body. All that remains in the bodywork area is applying trade decals and clear coating everything. The chassis is about half done and I’ve begun work on plumbing and detailing the motor.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Aftermarket-Parts-Web_zpsu4kxknok
A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Decals-Summary-Web_zpssacb4ceo

Last edited by Bernard Kron on Sun 14 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bernard Kron
Bernard Kron
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Empty Re: A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update

Post by allan Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:52 am

popcorn
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Empty Re: A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update

Post by baZOOKa Mon 01 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm

Sittin next ta Allan !   popcorn
baZOOKa
baZOOKa
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1409
Registration date : 2011-07-15

http://www.outbackherbsandspices.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:04 pm

popcorn
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernard Kron Sun 14 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm

All the major assemblies are now done. As I write this I’m in the middle of final assembly. Below are some pictures showing the Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland photo-etch wire wheels I used with a breakdown of the various parts in the system and final result. Beautifully detailed with some incredibly finely detailed parts (check out the hubs…), they are a tremendous improvement over the kit wheels.

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update DSCF3955-web_zpstgygteuk
A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update Photo-Etch-Wire-Wheels-Web_zpsluisfuao

The motor is finished and fitted to the chassis. Not shown in the pictures are the injector stacks and the zoomy headers. Much of the rest of the build is straight out of the kit. The one change I have made is to run the steering tie rod outside the body, again not shown because it’s a one-shot deal during final assembly and doesn’t lend itself to a mockup.

A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update DSCF3948-web_zpsgbu6olv2
A/Fuel Front Engine Dragster - Enderle Injected BBC Power - 13-06 Update DSCF3953-web_zpstoqay6vi

I’m shooting for completion this weekend… Hopefully the Gloo Gawdz will cooperate.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.
Bernard Kron
Bernard Kron

Male Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Sun 14 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm

Very nice!
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum