AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scania Wrecker

3 posters

Go down

Scania Wrecker Empty Scania Wrecker

Post by clea Wed 23 Mar 2016, 6:46 pm

I bought a series 4 conventional Scania truck & dog with logs from Scania truck sales in Melb when they released the new gumboot.
A "whilie" back I bought a cheap, Blue EMEK 4 series tipper from denmark, on Ebay, the red one I'm still thinking what to do with?
The blue one I thought I would do the Shell (Alice Springs) PM with 3 tanks...something to do. EMEK are very nice depictions of Scanias, volvo but are basically toys.
Anyway decided to use the cab with..something. Me being me I cut it apart.
Scania Wrecker 2015060716_02_10-vi
Extended a spare 3 series chassis, still thinking about a prime mover.
Scania Wrecker 2015060716_02_18-vi
Fab the interior.
Scania Wrecker 2015060815_13_16-vi
Fab the firewall.
Scania Wrecker 2015060815_14_41-vi
Line up the motor
Scania Wrecker 2015060817_25_13-vi
Trial a dash, fit and hinge the bonnet, mount the doors everything was going ok, still thinking P Mover. I was mucking around in shed, moving stuff and opened the Peterbilt tubs...
Pulled out a old, built Cando wrecker and thought???So Pulled it apart, caustic bath...put it back together and tried it.
Scania Wrecker 2015061810_06_00-vi
Sat all right, did another drive, fuel tanks..
Scania Wrecker 2015061810_08_08-vi
Did a bit of detailing in engine bay
Scania Wrecker 2015062116_49_03-vi
Scania Wrecker 2015071815_05_46Copy-vi
Scania Wrecker 2015071815_06_01Copy-vi
Coming up all right,..?
Clea
(It went back in the cupboard)
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Scania Wrecker Empty Re: Scania Wrecker

Post by Antwon Wed 23 Mar 2016, 9:11 pm

I'd hate to think how many builds you got on the go Clea, but this is another interesting example of your work. Does seem that like most of us, you work on several at a time.
Great stuff nevertheless.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Thu 24 Mar 2016, 8:29 am

You're right Antwon,...40, if you look in the background you may get some idea; but; (and seriously), I was just content to sit in the workshop, coming up with ideas....and building them. Benefit of having all the time you need ?
So I would take them through build and assembly, check them, and think.."yeah that's what i had in mind" and put it on the bench....in the paint queue, Portland is right on the Sth West coast, and is blessed with rain and/or humidity. so painting, up until I heated the workshop was limited, hence the back log of kits, If you couldn't paint you build something. As i stated previously, I've admired the artistry of you blokes for ages, and never bothered to post.
(maybe this is getting a bit deep) But until i posted, i had no sounding board or benchmark on which to judge how I was travelling, the partner just knows i spend too much time in the shed, and thinks.."Ummm, there bits of plastic, dickhead!"
Over the last week, I now have the incentive I needed to "finish something" and have it judged, on it's merits by peers in the model world.
The thing that I hope, and I think the rest of you may, is that there is honest and objective opinions given, with suggestions of "...you could've, tried thsi...I did this.." Not just platitudes. Otherwise you don't know where you stand, or how to improve your skills.
Any way this forum is working for me. The threads I have up now, I will track the progress through to completion.......then they can gather dust as finished...."bits of Plastic".

Clea.

clea
clea

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Thu 24 Mar 2016, 10:14 pm

More than "bits of plastic" Clea.......................this is a modern form of 3D art.
And this forum belongs to "Plastic artists".
Just saying.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Fri 25 Mar 2016, 8:28 pm

greatjob
Deaf as