AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car

4 posters

Go down

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car Empty The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car

Post by Bernard Kron Sat 09 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5862_and_logo_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Nova Altered Wheelbase Funny Car
(more pictures below)

This is a project I just finished as a break from a more intense and elaborate build I've got going that involves some aftermarket parts I've got coming from abroad. While I wait I thought I'd build a simple drag car based on the old AMT Rat Packer kit. It's very close to out of the box except for some detailing on the motor, a change of wheels, a few other minor details and a set of home made decals for the 60'style candy-stripe competition paint job. The motor is the kit Big Block with the injectors detailed out with a fuel block, full plumbing and a detailed Hilborn injector pump from Altered States Models. The injector stocks are finished in Testors Metalizer Aluminum Plate. The front tires and rear slicks are actually the funky hard plastic ones from the kit, but once they were finished with Duplicolor Black Primer they looked surprisingly nice. The rear wheels are the deep reversed rim rear drag steelies from the AMT '49 Ford kits and the front wheels are MPC Funny Car kit Halibrands. The only body modifications were to cut off the front bumper and substitute a simple rolled pan, and to shave off all the trim to simulate a lightweight fiberglass body. The basic color is Duplicolor Oxford White with the interior done in Duplicolor Black Primer. The chassis is Duplicolor Gloss Black with contrasting areas done in black primer. All the graphics you see, including the Nova Express logos and the trade decals were designed and printed to clear decals stock by me using Adobe Photoshop.

Thanx for lookin',
B.

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5865_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5858_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5871_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5881_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car DSCF5874_web
The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car Final_Details_Summary_Web
Bernard Kron
Bernard Kron
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car Empty Re: The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car

Post by dv8v8 Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

bigthumbsup
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car Empty Re: The Nova Express - Chevy II Altered Wheelbase Funny Car

Post by allan Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:50 pm

coolman greatjob
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DumpyDan Tue 16 Jan 2018, 12:51 am

Sweet looking build, well done
DumpyDan
DumpyDan

Male Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernard Kron Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:23 am

Thanks to all of you. I'm glad you all like it!
Bernard Kron
Bernard Kron

Male Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down