AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday.

+4
allan
DeeCee
dv8v8
Carps
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Empty Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday.

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:56 pm

You prolly noticed i've been a bit scarce of late, it's not coz I don't loves y'all but things have been a bit hectic.

The last car went down the line on Tuesday, so life should get back to what most folks consider normal, after our official close down celebration next week.

I did manage to get a vacation in during August, NSRA Nat's, Bonneville (we broke the car again but only after getting it to go over 170mph - not too shabby for a 77 year old car with a 69 year old engine.), A bunch of shop visits and of course Goodguys Pleasanton.  New for this year, because I know the major sponsor and it was a celebration of 70 years of Ferrari, I also did the Pebble Beach concours, where they estimated over three billion dollars worth of Ferraris were on the 18th fairway.  There was a lot of other cool stuff there too.

So if you're interested in having a look, please let me know and I'll get to work posting up pictures.

Last edited by Carps on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Empty Re: Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday.

Post by dv8v8 Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

your pics are always great to see Carps, i would love to see some more please
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5646
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Empty Re: Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday.

Post by DeeCee Sat 30 Sep 2017, 5:53 pm

Pics or it didn't happen,,, PLEASE Smile
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3772
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sat 30 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

Yes please on photos Smile
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:45 pm

Back in January I visited the Petersen Museum for the first time after it’s $14 million refurbishment.  Unfortunately there was still some construction work going on and I couldn’t get a clear view or photograph of the stunning new façade.  So, considering I'd decided to stay in LA for the weekend (which was just as well after the flight was delayed by over four hours, meaning I'd have missed the connecting flight and been stuck there anyhow) Saturday arvo was set aside for another visit.  The drawcard for me this time being the 70 years of Ferrari exhibit, which was small but not disappointing as none of the cars were just run of the mill models.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. A200_zpssaeawhnz

The new building is truly a masterpiece and certainly achieves the museum’s goal of being the most visually impacting structure in Los Angeles.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. D203_zps4cmdhywj

The building commands attention from every angle.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C202_zpsuxpftudp

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B201_zpscnlu3hyt

But I came to see the Ferraris and the centrepiece of the exhibit was this car. 

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CF283_zpsjwktjo7c

Not the prettiest machine to ever wear the prancing horse logo, but the 125 S was the very first car to carry the Ferrari name badge!  It was also the first vehicle fitted with the now legendary Ferrari V-12 engine.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BU272_zps8wrgclol

The car failed to finish its first race but undaunted, Enzo pushed on and claimed victory at it’s second and third races, the rest as they say, is history.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BX275_zpsqcozxe2e

After Enzo had sold almost everything he owned to rebuild his bombed out factory, only two 125 S roadsters were constructed in 1947.  The first was destroyed in a racing accident making the car pictured here the only one to still exist and by virtue of it being number 2, it's possibly the most valuable Ferrari in the world.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BW274_zpsuxg1kkm3

The SOHC V-12 engine was 1.5 litres and made 118 horsepower, which pushed the car to a top speed of 130mph.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BV273_zpsumyvpsmk

Testarossa' was one of Ferrari’s most successful race-cars.  The name is Italian for ‘Red Head’ and was used because the engine featured red painted cam/rocker covers, nothing to do with red body-work.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HX431_zpsatfhjslt

The earlier Testarossa featured a four-cylinder engine and body by Pinninfarina.  However, in 1958 the new 250 TR Spider received a much more powerful 3 litre V-12 engine and a unique ‘pontoon’ body by Carrozzeria Scaglietti. 

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. TR%20rear_zpsihagqpub

In my ever so humble opinion, this is the most beautiful of all Ferraris.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CG284_zpsx0udrflv

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CD281_zpsuxdfao0e

This car was a Scuderia Ferrai (Team  Ferrari) car debuted in Argentina at the 1000km race in Benos Aires, where it was driven by Luigi Musso and legendary Belgian driver Oliver Gendeblien.  That’s Niki Lauda’s 1976 world championship winning 312 T2 in the background.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HZ433_zpsnjpdxozw

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. IA434_zpshjv4fzff

This car is a 1949 166 MM Barchetta (small boat) and was the first Ferrai to win the Le Mans 24 hour race.  That same year this car won the iconic Mile Miglia long distance road race, which is how it came to be given the MM model designation.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HW430_zpsb6h5xukw

It's powered by a SOHC V-12 engine and weighed substantially less than its predecessors thanks to the ‘superlegerra’ (Superlight) body by Carrozzeria Touring of Milano.  Note how the fuel tank is located beneath the passenger seat to help balance the weight.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FB357_zpsjzniacsj

The 250 LM was Ferrari’s first mid engine car and of course was powered by the now famous V-12 engine.  In 1965, North American Racing Team drivers, Jochen Rindt and Maston Gregory drove the car pictured to an outrightl win at Le Mans.  It was the last of six successive wins before Ford’s GT 40 arrived on the scene. This car remains unrestored and as it was raced at Le Mans.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EW352_zpswmdevomm

The 250 California was proposed to Ferrari’s American distributor Luigi Chinetti by the west coast/Hollywood agent.  He believed there was a ready market for an expensive convertible and so a reluctant Enzo was convinced to produce the car.   The body was designed by Pinnin Farina, constructed by Scaglietti and offered in long or short wheelbases.  The last time one of these changed hands it sold for US$38 million.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HY432_zpsvkge5pdh

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BM264_zpsr4b5llu5

By 1955 Ferrari was well established and respected as an innovator and strong competitor.  However a defeat by Mercedes Benz prompted Enzo to experiment with a more radical engine and body designs which lead to the 857 Sport as a member of the Monza model series..  The car features a lightweight aluminium body and twin cam four cylinder engine.  This car was exported to an owner in Los Angeles and of the four 857 Sports built, it's the only one with a rear fin.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CA278_zps2jbqi4m8

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FA356_zpszfcb7acn

Here’s a cool comparison of steering wheels.  One is Michael Schumaker’s last Ferrari and the other Niki Lauda’s last Ferrari, both world championship winning cars.

Shuey’s …

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EV351_zpsli707vyr

and Lauda’s.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EU350_zps0rsuxucp
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

Although this is a GT40 MkII it’s easy to see the influence Ferrari’s 250 LM had over the Ford’s styling and packaging.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. V221_zpshuxs1yms

This 1913 Mercer Raceabout is not only a rare example of an early American sports car, it’s totally unrestored and believed to be the most original example in existence.  The tyres have been replaced, but only because they were removed in 1915 and donated to support the war effort.  The original owner sold it in 1943 and in the early ‘70s it was purchased by ex F1 world champion Phil Hill.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. U220_zpsel7oewzt

The five-litre engine develops 60 HP and when new the car cost $2,500, today it would sell for millions.  If it were for sale.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. R217_zpsggkct994

Toyota’s first super sports car, the 2000GT for many years was not considered special or important.  However, in recent times they have been changing hands for around $1.5 million.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AB227_zpsrhznskxz

The 200GT set many speed and endurance records in its time and the engines were built by Toyota’s partner Yamaha (as are todays high performance engins) as was all the wood trim inside the cockpit.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AC228_zpshxzx07nz

Here’s another Ferrari  Barchetta with an interesting story.  Yes it was painted black at the factory and it is in fact another unrestored car.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DQ320_zpsgmur9ms6

This car was the last Barchetta ever built and the last non-racing car bodied by ‘Touring’.  It was ordered by the Ford Motor Company in the name of Henry Ford II and when he showed it to a member of the Firestone family, they told him it needed whitewalls and so it still wears them.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DR321_zpse8mwyjxc

It’s powered by a three carburettor 225 V12 engine and has less than 13,000 miles on the odometer.  The car was used in Ford’s styling studio as an influence to the team working on the first Thunderbird and some of that influence can be seen in the Ford product.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GZ407_zps9y60aosy

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AS244_zpseeaeqhar

Of course since Bugatti collector Peter Mullin is on the board of directors, there’s also a bunch of the French cars displayed in the Museum.  This one is my favourite, for no reason other than it’s a race-car converted for street use.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FS374_zpsm108ii0p

The 1929 body styling, was later adopted by Cecil Kimber  for his 1948 MG TC and many other low priced sports car makers.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FT375_zpsgjgmwz44

The racer from which it was derived, in fact the most successful single seat race-car ever built.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HM420_zpsynvzd2ui

Most of the Bugattis on display are bodied by Gangloff and are incredible examples of the coach-builder’s craft.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HO422_zpsporxfxl5

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HJ417_zpsbipabb7u

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HN421_zps4s4cmrek

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HH415_zpsmiuur3ea

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FP371_zpsntpb2rkr
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm

The Petersen also has a good-sized collection of muddersickles and movie cars, even movie motor cycles.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AR243_zpsitpad1x6

This four banger is the oldest bike in the collection.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AP241_zpskptqomur

This one is only a shade more modern.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AH233_zpsqkjq9hyy

Guess who?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA226_zpsz6osookh

Muddersickle or industrial equipment, you decide.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CM290_zpszvhaa7m9

I can’t imagine seeing a leather clad Hells Angel on this one.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CL289_zpsowo0g9qm

Now we're starting to get somewhere.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CV299_zpsqjy0ftwm

I like this one……

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CY302_zpsiztiquq4

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. IH441_zpsy1zqmegu

…..and this one.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CQ294_zpsyoczts2a

More push bike than motor-bike, but that’s how it was back then.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CU298_zpsne8dyc7k

Racers.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CR295_zpsugyep1zu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CZ303_zpswvq1oh8z

Passenger carrier.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CW300_zps7xp7sbqr

Cool.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CT297_zpswegvxeij

Fast.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. IF439_zpsroo0z0wp

Workhorses.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CX301_zpsobgc0gwo

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DA304_zpsl2zykx3b

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. II442_zpsauj1nslh

Military service unit.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. IC436_zps69z1by00

Is it a two-wheeled car or a low slung motorcycle?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y224_zpsyxflkvxn

HMMMMM! It seems I forgot the movie cars, but you've already seen them in the movies so I can leave them out of this story.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm

As hot rods go, the Frank Mack T is timeless and also unrestored.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HS426_zps5fvnbjq6

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AD229_zpswq5icwno

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AE230_zpsyf5ejxgi

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AI234_zpsnbtzpyjj

Here’s an unmodified model T for comparison.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HT427_zpsenfwp3b7

And a similar vintage Chevrolet.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AG232_zpspwv6sex0

But I digress, as I’m inclined to do, so back to modified old Fords, like this one created by a chap named Coddington and which is not really an old Ford at all.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BB253_zpsafw5l1qx

Satisfied with how the Deuce looked, Mr C adapted the same style to Ford’s model 40.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BA252_zpsc3xs7dnu

In the background is a real hot rod, but more on that later as right now we have some stylin’ to do.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BC254_zpsbxtnxatd

Here’s a pair of winners.  Both cars have had the title America’s most beautiful roadster bestowed on them.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AZ251_zpssae7r1cu

Lonnie Gilbertson’s T bucket was the first sign that show rules were getting out of hand.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BE256_zpss7cwsojr

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BD255_zps1zf78jal

Ermie Imerso’s track T just confirmed it.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BG258_zpsq3wzze2n

Yup, that’s a genuine Gurney Weslake race-car engine, with engraved parts, chrome and gold plating.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. ER347_zpsb0crgovt

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. ET349_zpsh9bgyvfw

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. ES348_zpsu30tsxmv

Coddington’s purple roadster took things to yet another level, built from scratch nothing on this car either came from or resembled a real old car.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BF257_zpsbqme6e0o

And then it just got really silly with hand made everything and million dollar cars that could never be driven.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EK340_zpsbx9qhbp9

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EL341_zpsq0zfllra

Seeing the error of his ways, Ermie tried to bring some sanity and tradition back into the game.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EM342_zps5xwybado

It worked and his 1932 Ford Roadster beat out a handful of million dollar custom creations to win the title.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EP345_zps5ubusci0

Ermie’s Deuce is clean, simple, traditional and…..

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EQ346_zps2idhrbmf

…beautifully finished.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EN343_zpszyjzr3sx

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EO344_zpsbgrz8mu2

But still the first winner leaves most of them far behind when it comes to getting all the elements and proportions perfect.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HU428_zpsfqqlngsr

Can you say timeless?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. HV429_zps8o9psp4o

Perfect from any angle.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EI338_zpsv853anro

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EH337_zps2ma4c2kh

And if you want to know what a hot rod really looked like back in the day………. Look no further than Ray Brown’s daily driven and regularly raced Deuce.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GV403_zpsroksjff1

It’s the real deal.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GW404_zpsajjjgngr

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GX405_zpsaxdyirqm
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

Another exhibition currently running at the Petersen is based around Mexican/Chicano car culture, with a focus on low-riders and related artwork.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T219_zpsxevs1ayg

The cars on display are pretty cool and the paintwork amazing.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. N213_zpscy7cqzi8

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. O214_zpsjirndo5z

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DM316_zps3dsoezww

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M212_zpsypjatht3

This ‘39 Chebby four door is a real gangster style machine.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Q216_zpsrqikl6dx

The murals are outstanding.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. P215_zpsj1xz5ctc

I can’t explain why but I always enjoy seeing these cars and talking with the owners.  The general idea is that it’s a family hobby that involves grandpa, son and grandkids, to provide an interest that helps keep the kids out of trouble and focussed on things other than gang life etc.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L211_zpsvkwffane

Looking at any of the cars reveals that the art involved is pretty incredible, even if that artwork is not to everybody’s taste.  But there’s no denying the folks involved are truly talented artisans.  Like how many of us could decorate a pair of roller-skates like these?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GI390_zps1s4oivw0

I’ve pinstriped a couple of dunny seats in my time but my work pales against this one.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GJ391_zpsnr3nfqa6

How about a Tequila bottle?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GH389_zpsd23m7ikr

Or a step bin for the kitchen?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GB383_zpsa0yypfnv

Does your Webber BBQ look this cool?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GC384_zpscncms8bt

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GD385_zpsygoxvs25

Or your folding Picnic chair.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GG388_zpsd5bjem9y

How about the cooler?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GA382_zpsj9kylp37

Then there’s this spray gun, which has been etched, engraved, chrome plated and detailed with gold leaf, before mounting to the painted background panel.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. GE386_zpsckevtfnr

There’s a lot of other cool works of art in the display.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FV377_zpskv52udbf

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DL315_zpsjijvcr7a

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DH311_zpslzrkdaki

They even enjoy a laugh at themselves.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DK314_zpsm07kvepb

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DI312_zpsljjnlrwz

Not all of the cars are painted in bold colours.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DF309_zpsx26dfnkp

Nor do they all feature airbrushed graphics.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DD307_zpsyaz4qkrw

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DE308_zpsg6wav3pt

One of the coolest things in this exhibition is the full sized ’63 Chevy Piñata.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FZ381_zps3nwtficl

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FX379_zpsrwc5wof3
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm

So you reckon you’ve got a handle on custom paint and detailing your car so it always impresses, you may want to think again.

Unless you have been to the ‘El Ray School of Detailing’, I’d even suggest you loose!

When Albert De Alba inherited his father in law’s ’63 Chevy Impala, so began a six-year renovation that is nothing short of mind boggling.  The name El Ray is Spanish for The King and Albert’s goal was to construct the king of all low-riders.

The car is mildly customised and the roof was removed then modified to operate as a removable hard top.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T319_zpsvjm0ocgd

The clever or trick thing here, is that a convertible rear section was grafted in and the hardtop made to fit over the functional convertible top and mechanism.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AO340_zpsocmc6mds

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AZ351_zpsehefuts4

Almost every surface of the car is covered with a combination of custom candy and metalflake paint, chrome plating, metal etching and engraving.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AQ342_zpsyjhj13e5

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AJ335_zps1biszmec

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AU346_zps9syl200x

The design of the paint was created to enhance the car’s lines and extends from the body to engine bay, chassis, floor-panels (inside and underneath) as well as inside the boot and all the inner panels.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BC354_zpsi9fc9gyk

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BJ361_zpsdn1xn61g

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. H307_zpsrmemloiy

Not even the wheels escaped the engravers tool and colour detailing!

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. S318_zpsa22x6k6s

Hydraulic pumps.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C302_zpstga2hx6p

Engine bay.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AS344_zpsw2gxpmqs

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. W322_zpsnlqelq3g

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. U320_zpsmracomrk

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y324_zps6k9zehee

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Z325_zpsvytb0gzp

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AR343_zpsgfb8ejtp

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BG358_zpsljym6ohj

Boot area.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AW348_zpsitjmuag9

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AT345_zpsojyidfe9

Speakers, ‘The Elite’ is Albert’s car club.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AV347_zps7qwibhbn

Underside

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BH359_zpsaq5yi0ri

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BJ361_zpsxnv0ednp

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BI360_zpsjle9d2eq

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BF357_zpskij9apxw

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BK362_zpsu6gmhr53

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. G306_zpskdm2qh0i

Look closely and you’ll see that the brake rotors are not engraved, they have covers for shows that are removed so Albert may drive the car.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AX349_zpsm5pfspni

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BE356_zpsrgg7v6x4

Nothing has been overlooked.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B301_zps2iz5ndry

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AN339_zps2e801bdk

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AG332_zpsfcrhvkqc

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AI334_zpssmehncl3

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AK336_zpsdtxgupa7

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AL337_zpsd7jxfj0m

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AE330_zpsnpjjg8t9

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AB327_zpsmliu0ixq

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA326_zpsiwte8r1f

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AF331_zpspodjybvm

Albert’s car has been dubbed ‘the pinnacle of modern low-rider culture’ garnering admiration from artistic communities way outside the culture of low-riders.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M312_zpstyhvjnu9

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I308_zpsuhfqsrbq

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J309_zpsnjqmfqgj

The car was named ‘Low Rider Of The Year’ over three consecutive years, by Low Rider Magazine and it has won awards at SEMA and the Grand National Roadster Show as well as many others.   It has also been displayed at the Essen Motor Show in Germany and the Classic Legends Car Show in Nagoya, Japan.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E304_zpsad2yvka6
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:53 pm

Did I forget anything?  Oh yeah, the Dan Gurney race-cars display.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FO370_zps85eg1giu

There were two versions of this one made as Jim Beam collector bottles, one this colour and the other is cream, which was only used on the car for one race during its competitive life.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FL367_zpszfpkwta2

The Gurney Eagle race-cars are all pretty cool.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FK366_zpsx0ydfoqc

Although not all are Eagles or even Eagle powered.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FI364_zpsl6a9bfjs

Some are Toyota powered Eagles.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FN369_zpsvkysk5qx

Or Toyota powered Toyotas.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FM368_zps72yjobgk

But all are cool.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FH363_zpsmer7ahir

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. FG362_zps9dc45hue

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CP293_zps2skdff24

Here’s a few more of the cooler cars on display, starting with Steve McQueen’s Jaguars.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EE334_zpsrgdmh77k

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. ED333_zps4avuqwwe

And a few factory concept cars, can you guess who made which car?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. EB331_zpseyqwayss

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AO240_zpsaqmu3uuc

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. DY328_zpso8mrnri7

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AN239_zpsr0qtlx3w

This one has been touched of a famous customiser, can you guess who?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AL237_zpsxpku2emr

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AK236_zpsliswjozq

These are not Ferrari’s, Eagles or Fords.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CK288_zpsfflhkwaq

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CJ287_zps1zdacmk8

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. CN291_zpswdecanvv

Of course the light trucks are also represented in the museum.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AT245_zps2isazfvy

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AF231_zpstnieqwib

Last but not least is the Smith,  built in Los Angeles by brothers Alonzo and Reuben Smith way back in 1900.  It’s a pretty basic early car that includes headlamp mounts that double as harness attachments, so that in the event of a mechanical failure, their ‘horseless carriage’ could function as a traditional horse drawn vehicle.

It’s the only one ever built and the 5hp engine could push it to a blindingly fast 25 mph.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. X223_zps2hengfcd[/quote]

Here's the big disappointment of my trip.  Getting to the Barris Emporium is a bitch, took half the day, which is why I haven't made it there previously.  It’s pretty grungy with just a bunch of worn out old photos and two recently constructed replicas of Barris TV cars.  I didn't stay long.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I408_zpsdeetn4uc

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. K410_zpsztqyfmtu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L411_zpsgwoqtqbu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M412_zpss3jyaabx

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J409_zps9qlkfbvb
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

There seemed to be more hot rods on the highway headed to the NSRA Nat’s at Louisville this year and I call that a good thing.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AD129_zpsa2k6okd6

Instead of the green Chevy sedan delivery, this year I borrowed my friend Barry’s ‘39 Pontiac to make the journey.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. O114_zpsvvsdicet

We passed a lot of military equipment being returned to the manufacturer for refurbishment.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. P115_zpshkjmbqli

Of course it rained during the journey, it just wouldn’t be right if it didn’t.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AC128_zpsou49ut41

However, it was mostly clear and there were lotsa hot rods on the highway, but I think I already mentioned that.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AB127_zpsekk0udjj

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA126_zpsnjipzgqn

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Z125_zpshapqnmqt

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y124_zps4txbsdxr

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. X123_zpskllijwdm

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. W122_zps1qm5rvwf

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. V121_zps3sdegn9g

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. U120_zpsfpzxznes

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T119_zpstmt7qm8o

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. S118_zpskfrusl9y

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. R117_zpsoxus6zm7

In previous years clubs have been able to pre book their site on the fairgrounds but with more entrants the NSRA decided to make it first in best dressed.  That meant we had to be there on Wednesday and camp overnight outside the gates until they were opened at around 5:00am.

Here we are, the Pontiac Twins, waiting in line outside the gate.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I508_zpsr424db25

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. A500_zpsiflhr9ze

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B501_zpsjavrndac

Meanwhile, others were fast asleep in their motel beds.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E504_zpsqvcvvkxf

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. D503_zpsctl7k0a4

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. F505_zpsimi3nbhx

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. H507_zpsviytj2vs

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C502_zpsi7iii62o

The gates opened and it was like a crazy drag race across the fairgrounds to stake out our desired space.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M512_zpsyknoo80a

We managed to get the same place we’ve always had.  Then, almost on cue as soon as the roof was up it rained, for five minutes and that’s pretty much all there was.  The weather was unusually perfect for the entire weekend.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. K510_zpsheyry2fs

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L511_zpsdwfowtby

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J509_zpswivsw64c

Once we had everything organised, we headed to our motel for some sleep.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:58 pm

Thursday morning the gates opened at six a.m. and it was time to start the party!

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. W622_zpss4wso4fg

I love the mix of vehicles now that the cut-off date has changed.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. X623_zps9bi0pc7p

Not too many of these, just enough to make it interesting.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Z625_zpstww4hk7p

But lots of really obscure stuff.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y624_zpswifx9scq

And no reduction in pre 1948 based rides.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M612_zpst8goaddy

Of all styles.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T619_zpsnytamlxh

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Q616_zpswwalysje

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. N613_zps4g2iomgo

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I608_zps0t7x64wm

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. P615_zpsrqujknwe

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L611_zpszvcztsza

The later models tend to display subtlety and smoothness.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. S618_zpszzulfd6g

Sum are a tad muscle bound.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. R617_zpslmlo0jkh

Others traditionally cool.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. O614_zpssou6amv8

And others just keep everybody guessing.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J609_zpsifzsemkb

Some people even have bumper stickers that make sense.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. K610_zpslhssplp0

Others have clearly been on the road for many years.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. F605_zpsrctzf2n5

Mid fifties Fords are finally coming into their own in the US, not so long back nobody wanted them.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AS644_zpssrwlqaa9

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E604_zpsv1vijtgb

Some of the odd-ball or out of the ordinary cars make brilliant cross-country cruisers.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B601_zpsyysinrff

Some not

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. D603_zpsxuly23qc

Multi door cars are also finally starting to make it big.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C602_zpsewkouprq

Although some prefer none.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AN639_zpswupaigug

Doors are good, wooden doors are better.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AP641_zpsbylw3aa5

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA626_zpsfx4bbiig

Quite a few cute camper trailers this year.  Is this another new trend?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AT645_zpsjca0zh5p

Aussie were out in force.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AQ642_zpsymi0didl

So too Canadians, like my good friend Hot Rod Liz Kitzul and her high mileage T bucket.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AK636_zpskr3llrmj

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AL637_zpsoeuy48id

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AJ635_zpsynxbz4m7

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AH633_zpsdyp4udzv

You ain’t gunna see a 1942 Oldsmobile every day.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AF631_zpsnojc7rfi

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AG632_zpsqd1dgknu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AI634_zpst0ojy9yu

Almost the same only different.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. A600_zpsxzievgvh

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AC628_zpsjtyxugvu

Check out the steering apparatus.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AD629_zpsmeiymhoe

And no matter what, there's always room for the kids.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AE630_zpsdbqmypkf
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

What drives me back to the Midwest year after year is that it’s far more like home, only with a wider range of raw material to build from.  Since the NSRA introduced the rolling cut-off year, it hasn’t really had any negative effect and the reality is if you don’t like a car you don’t have to look at it.  There’s so much to see at the NSRA Nationals it’s impossible to take it all in anyhow.  So wasting time looking at just one late model used car is simply that.  However, some of the later models can be pretty spectacular, as I’ll show you soon, whilst others just beg the question, “What the eff were they thinking?”  Here’s a good example that.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AD679_zpszg9glchy

It may have worked had the builder taken time to align the panels and make it all fit together neatly, but I’m still not sure.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AC678_zpsnc22zmho

Here’s what it once was, which I think I much prefer.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. H657_zps2mxhzssq

Fortunately most folks who like to cut them up, do it with taste.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E9926a_zpsqm42u7rj

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E654_zpshnabbysu

And some don’t cut them up at all.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Z675_zpskufuyxyp

My old friend Bob Klessig even made it without his fender skirts falling off.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. S668_zpsyngsoevl

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T669_zpsohdsu09c

And the evidence is overwhelming that you can have a unique machine that stands out from the crowd without destroying the original beyond redemption.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. X673_zpsabgvlqz3

This ’48 Chevy Step Van is a good example of what I mean, has all the ratty stuff, but is actually very well constructed and roadworthy in the true sense, not just because it moves under it’s own steam.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AB677_zpsvhzv7hrh

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA676_zps1aqio2m9

’59 Chevy wagon appears to be a barn find that has been treated with rust dissolver and then coated with clear to preserve what was left.  It sits on a new Art Morrison chassis, which a number of people I spoke with reckon don’t only fit better than the original, they make the car drive better than a brand new factory built machine.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. G656_zpsdruvnezo

Here’s a little more silliness using a Pommy car, I have more, so keep watching.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AH683_zpsk2qyfxmn

I really liked the sign it had on the passenger side of the dash.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AI684_zpsct60km5j

Muscle car numbers were up this year, which I think is a good thing, because many of those cars have a known or clandestine history that the owners love to share.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AE680_zpsxnwbxbw5

Early sixties GM unit was one of a number of ‘Factory’ built Motor Homes on the grounds.  Not everyone’s cup of tea, but kind of cool all the same.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AJ685_zpsnnnmiqjt

Trucks and busses continue to increase in popularity.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AK686_zpst0e2eryd

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AL687_zpsdyghdb6i

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. R667_zps8n1szhcu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AR693_zps2olbuxuv

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AS694_zpsjnkha3uz

Long wheelbase Jeep pick-up is most uncommon.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AO690_zpsshvsrhec

There are many more sedan deliveries from GM than Ford in the Midwest.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AN689_zpsnnhghlc4

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. F655_zpsr4f7l5sv

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. K660_zpsf079dv0w

Wagons too.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B651_zpsqmvwfynz

International is also a popular brand here.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C652_zpsrljicyou

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. D653_zpsbigkbf8s

This one is pretty rare as Pontiac only managed to sell a handful of two door wagons in 1955.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AP691_zpszahwzylc

The unique tail-lamps will also fit a 1955 Chevy.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AQ692_zpsk46copme

Ford’s answer to the Chevy Nomad.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M662_zpsuekh57c4

And yes of course there were hot rods a plenty.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AG682_zpsioayncnw

Some lower than others.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AT695_zpsm5rzk64y

Some badder than others.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. U670_zpssdukbwma

Some bigger and classier than others, like this Chrysler Imperial Airflow.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. P665_zpsoc7u6giv

Many are very subtly altered, I didn’t even notice the chop on this one until looking at this picture log after getting back to Oz.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Q666_zps4vmeaaof

Some are just too cool for skoowul.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J659_zpsm0blmiep

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I658_zpsksqlvbf7

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L661_zpstjmh6dum

Big four door cruisers are finally gaining in popularity as folks realise they ain’t getting any younger and these things can be made to ride like an aircraft with all the comfort and convenience of a new car.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y674_zpsyufqteci

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. N663_zpsnfh4lv28
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 8:01 pm

Of course it wouldn’t be the same without a swap meet and most of the usual suspects were on hand flogging their junk.  However this year there seemed to be less desirable automobile parts and more junky ‘man-cave’ stuff.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AB727_zpsilzd3koa

So I’ll stick with what I thought was worth looking over, like this deluxe coupe with everything needed to make it complete loaded in the trunk, and the original title in the glove compartment.  It was running and driveable and offered for only $7,950 which seemed reasonable and is still less than Au$10K.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AE730_zps7x0nlmru

This one has been offered at the last 3 Nat’s swap meets, so I’m thinking it has issues or the advertised price of $49K is just too high.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AC728_zpsbgzf0q4d

Lots of these little Cushman style muddersickles spread around the swap.  They are becoming ever more popular or collectable.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AA726_zpshqhesha7

Late model Henry J was pretty solid despite the surface rust and well priced at $6,950 with a California title.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AD729_zpswdg0rrwp

Of course there were more than a few old parts on offer.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AL737_zps9zjjolua

I guess aluminium early ford heads must be rare and valuable?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AG732_zpsn3ui6cqc

There was no price on this International Van and nobody to ask, so I guess it wasn’t really for sale.  Seemed solid, rust free and the good starting point for a versatile project.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AJ735_zpsjgcsyz3a

More old parts.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AS744_zps5ripydt8

Sales appeared slow with a smaller than usual crowd.  Kinda strange since the entry list was the largest in some years.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AR743_zpsixtunykj

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AF731_zpsry5moruo

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AU746_zpsifcwspua

The popularity of old pick up trucks was reflected in swap meet offerings like this ’40 model for only $500

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. X723_zpsirrjj2ih

In the next aisle this running and driving ‘48 F1 seemed a bargain at just $7,500.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AP741_zpszukbv6kr

Just as well I didn’t blow my wad on that last one, because one more aisle over was this shovel ready workhorse.  Under the hood sits a 350 Chevy with TH 350 trans, it has disc brakes, power steering and lots of new parts.  The price of $14,500 (Au$18,000) seemed more than reasonable.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AV747_zps8xwbjsrb

Just as well I passed on that one too, because further up the way was this beauty!  Totally original and freshly restored, the 239 flattie ticked over like a brand new one.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AY750_zpsqeuiq7yg

Everything had been renewed and there was a pile of recent invoices as verification, or you could just crawl all over it and confirm for yourself.  The price being asked was $20,000 even with the original title.  That’s still only $25K Australian and very tempting.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AX749_zpshu1i3ryk

This little dodgem body had been adapted to one of those granny skooter things, a lot more fun than looking like a lazy prick riding one without such a cool appearance.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AZ751_zpsnnmsksf5

This is just all kinds of wrong and even with an asking price of $13,000 it was too freaking expensive.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AO740_zpsc2czloag

No prices on this lot but you’d have to like the car and hard work, coz it was sorely in need.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AM738_zpsc6dkxe7n

The spinner convert looked like it had potential from 20 metres away, but up close it was just a rust riddled basket case.  The Dodge Two Door would have been a much better proposition.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AN739_zpsko6z4vi1

This one was the deal of the swap meet and it was sold before the owner could get his trailer parked.  Price negotiations, not required, asked $35,000, sold instantly and seen cruising the fairgrounds later in the day.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Q716_zpsnu0fxk7d

Flattie ran nicely and clearly it was a driver.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AH733_zps3in0jvd3

Body appears solid as a rock.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. R717_zpsrjmspelj

’33 Plymouth coupe looked pretty solid too, but had no price on it, was parked in the for sale area, so who knows?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. L711_zpsl2ihjq5o

Inside it appeared to be somebody’s daily driver.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. K710_zpsazvkqqzx

This lot had people rummaging through the goodies to find their missing gems.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. F705_zpsq4krzpbu

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. I708_zpsb1nfsmaq

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AK736_zpsaytrkgwz

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BF757_zpsxmvndltw

Don’t think this guy gets his stock at the pick a part all you can carry in your arms day.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. G706_zpsswexl9pc

I have a friend who broke his steering wheel in a moment of road rage (well that’s my story and it sounds better than the truth.) so as a result I was on a mission to find a suitable replacement.  Didn’t find it here.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. J709_zpsbv5quszn
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 30 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

Found some cool toys here.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. E704_zpsdqlozs8j

This was one of the more desirable of the motorised cycle thingies.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. M712_zpsra432ftf

Some folks even had boat parts.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. N713_zpsqmaj6gbw

Not something I’d ever expect to see at a US swap meet, but here it was and the price was high because it’s such a rarity.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. P715_zpsmmzqog01

Not many petrol bowsers this year, maybe supply is starting to dry up like old cars.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. T719_zpsbq3vw0k5

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. B701_zpsenp1peah

The old panels seem to be a little rustier each year.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. W722_zpsydsfor6f

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. S718_zpsimwqblle

Chrysler Imperial was mint with a sub $20k asking price.  Had Hemi under the hood.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. U720_zpsaeornwai

Nice little Rambler American two door hardtop was top quality and I thought reasonably priced at $7,500.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Y724_zpsnrkkfdac

T bucket was an old sixties build and highly priced, according to the seller due to it’s show history and magazine feature car status.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. Z725_zpsfd0tuhxi

Another old MOPAR that seemed a reasonable deal at $10,500.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. V721_zpskwdrqeqj

Deuce lotsadoors was a complete running drive away car,.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. C702_zpsmzwp9bbc

Has a nice tidy interior and price tag of who knows?

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. D703_zpspr6wwttx

Forty Ford sedan delivery was choice, well constructed for long hauls on the highway.  Priced to sell at $42,000.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. AW748_zpsssenaapm

Made up from a regular Plymouth Satelite this ’69 Road Runner clone would make a cheap entry into the US Muscle Car ranks.

Hi Kids I'm back from another hot rod holiday. BD755_zpsmbjbosq4