AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR

+5
Paul
Monaro
tezza43
Tubman
HAMMOSZED
9 posters

Go down

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Empty 48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR

Post by HAMMOSZED Fri 17 Jul 2009, 11:43 am

looking for some pointers on and reference material to build a replica of the Black Convertible in the Back to the Future movies. got the 48 Revell kit, and thats about it so far - except for the diecast Deloreans from Earlymodel Kits on their way - thanks Luke
I have only ever built 1 flathead motor before, and have never used whitewalls on anything. I did buy a circle template and have been muckin about with a white gel pen with varying results (not great)
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Empty Re: 48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR

Post by Tubman Fri 17 Jul 2009, 11:53 am

If you don't have any luck with the gel pen, The Parts Box has heaps of white walls, from skinny to wide whites. I've sent you the link already.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Empty Re: 48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR

Post by tezza43 Fri 17 Jul 2009, 3:06 pm

Here's a couple of Biff's '46 Ford from Wickipedia. Sounds like a good project.

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Biff-ford2
48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Manure_ford_1955
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Monaro Fri 17 Jul 2009, 6:52 pm

Great pics dont build it with the fertiliser.
Monaro
Monaro

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri 17 Jul 2009, 8:34 pm

I don't actually use the Gel pens for full (Wide) white walls, only for the narrow whitewalls (Pinstriped style)..........although the same technique is use with the template - Tamiya White primer (Rattlecan) is what makes the whitewall. Guess it's time to get the how-to happening Very Happy

Can't wait to see you build this replica as I've always wanted to but just haven't gotten there yet.

Oh and I will answer your PM over the weekend Hammo!
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TuffXR Sat 18 Jul 2009, 9:53 am

If you want good reference material go to any early ford web sites. The car is after all factory stock. All you would really need is a scan of the sales brochure for that year.
TuffXR
TuffXR

Male Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sat 18 Jul 2009, 11:10 am

All the parts to build the car should be in the Revellogram kit, including the wide whites.  Like TuffXR says just follow the instructions for the factory stock build.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMMOSZED Sat 18 Jul 2009, 12:18 pm

good stuff fellas, watched the movie again last night..... just for reference Rolling Eyes thanks for the tips, best be extracting a digit and get started. the only visual differences i have seen so far are the front blinkers in the kit are round ones under the lights where the 46 has small square lamps at headlight height on the leading edge of the bonnet, i assume they are blinkers?
found some really good reference pics and should be straight forward Shocked
still dont know how you got the pics above tezza scratch
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat 18 Jul 2009, 2:59 pm

Found these pics and some info (second photo from the movie, first photo is a from a for sale add), hope it helps. bigthumbsup

48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Biff1
48 FORD Convertible BACK TO THE FUTURE MOVIE CAR Biff2
While there’s no word on whether this was the car used for the infamous shot, it comes with documented proof that Universal Studios did once own it. The only real sad thing about this car is that, like a lot of movie cars, it’s been cut up to play the part. The convertible was once a coupe and so there is no folding top, just a boot to cover the hacked sheet metal. Hack-job aside, I actually don’t think the asking price of 40k is all that unreasonable considering the freshly-rebuilt flathead V8 and the acting chops that go with it.
Clutch
Clutch
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1310
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bones Sat 18 Jul 2009, 6:03 pm

Thats kool old car man, think i'l watch this one.....

Regardz
Bonez
bones
bones

Male Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum