AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008

4 posters

Go down

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Empty VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008

Post by tezza43 Tue 22 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

The 2008 Vic Wills Challenge Competition will run in conjunction with Model Expo 2008. It is organised and judged on the Australian Model Car Club's display stand. It is for club teams only, and entries must be received no later than 12 noon on Saturday June 28. Models entered in the Vic Wills are also eligible for entry into the Model Expo competitions and will be judged separately. See the Model Expo website ( www.modelexpo.com.au ) for more details.

Entry is by way of a club team, comprising of a minimum of two car models, and a maximum of six. A club may enter more than the minimum of two models, and receive 3 bonus points for each extra model entered up to a maximum of six models. The club that enters the smallest number of models on the day sets the benchmark for judging. E.g. club 'A' enters two models and club 'B' enters four models. Only the best two models from each club will count towards the final aggregate score, but club 'B' also receives an extra six bonus points to be added to their final score.

The Vic Wills Challenge Competition is a Concours de Elegance, meaning all models entered must be shiny and clean, ready for show. Below are some examples of past Vic Wills entries:

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Image30

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 P1010034

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 P1010024-1

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 P1010005

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Image18

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 P1010018

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Image29

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Image27

Last edited by tezza43 on Fri 25 Apr 2008, 7:10 am; edited 4 times in total
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Empty Re: VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008

Post by tjjr07 Tue 22 Apr 2008, 5:40 pm

theres some great looking builds there, especially the willys and 32 fords. very nice
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 Empty Re: VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008

Post by checkmate Tue 22 Apr 2008, 7:58 pm

I was part of a previous club that won the Vic Wills. That was a few years ago when the Wagga club won it the first time, I built the purple '41 Willys convertable.:)No longer a member of the Wagga club.Sad
checkmate
checkmate

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Tue 22 Apr 2008, 11:36 pm

I remember that Willys - a top build checkmate - the Wagga club has won the Vic Wills for the past two years running. They are hoping for a hat trick this year, but hopefully the AMCC boys will come out fighting. They have some very talented builders, and your Willys proved that. Have you a photo of it?
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Wed 23 Apr 2008, 10:46 pm

Go the AMCC! Surely you can beat Wagga, I'm not in their club anymore! Laughing I crack myself up!

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Mon 30 Jun 2008, 11:17 pm

And so the last Vic Wills Challenge has been run and won by the AMCC, a fitting end to twenty-seven years of fabulous model cars competition. Runner-up award went to Northern Area Modellers. Some top models were entered for this year's event, but I can't show any photos because my camera was stolen by some lowlife at Model Expo. If anyone else took photos would you please put some on this forum - thanks.
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Mon 30 Jun 2008, 11:28 pm

shame about your camera tezza, what a P#^K...
hope to see some pics
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Mon 30 Jun 2008, 11:32 pm

tezza43 wrote:And so the last Vic Wills Challenge has been run and won by the AMCC, a fitting end to twenty-seven years of fabulous model cars competition. Runner-up award went to Northern Area Modellers. Some top models were entered for this year's event, but I can't show any photos because my camera was stolen by some lowlife at Model Expo. If anyone else took photos would you please put some on this forum - thanks.

Sorry about your camera Terry - that's a really crappy way to be rewarded for all your efforts. Mad

I have a suggestion for the future of Vic Wills though. Idea Perhaps it could be a special award at Expo (sponsored by AMCC) awarded to a particular car of merit chosen by the President? This thought occurred to me as I was watching the presentations on Sunday and watched all the car modellers drift away after their category was announced. They have a lot of special awards for military models at Expo, but nothing applicable to automotive only. Could be a nice way to continue the legacy...
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Mon 30 Jun 2008, 11:58 pm

Thanks Bryce and Todd. Paul also made a suggestion that the Vic Wills trophy could be used at Autochamps to recognise the best "Concours d'Elegance" model car entered, which is what the original competition was all about. Your suggestion has much merit Bryce. Perhaps these suggestions could be discussed in depth at the next AMCC committee meeting?

In any event I believe the time has come to retire the Vic Wills competition (as such) gracefully - it was born at a time when there was nothing specific available by way of competitions for car modellers, and I think it has served its purpose well. Now with so many other competitions and NNL's around, the Vic Wills is superfluous, so the trophy would be better used elsewhere.

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 VWtrophyImage

Last edited by tezza43 on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture added.)
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Sun 13 Jul 2008, 8:50 am

Frank from Modelart Australia magazine has kindly sent these Vic Wills photos for us. They are low res pics but better than nothing. First is the AMCC team models and second pic is of the NAM team models. Thanks to everyone who entered.

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 AMCCteam08

VIC WILLS MODEL CAR CHALLENGE COMPETITION 2008 NAMteam08
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum