AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack

+17
70cudatj
clea
DeeCee
RetrospectKustoms
truges
mouse
Cols56
Deadly
hqmon
bennyg
cruiseliner
mutley
zenrat
rwaldram
allan
scummy
Deaf as
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Empty Re: Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack

Post by allan Mon 20 Jul 2015, 9:11 am

Looking good so far.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Empty Re: Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack

Post by Deaf as Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:31 pm

Thanks Ben, A few people I've spoken to have said the same thing but they also said that if you ordered the truck rather than buying one off the lot, you could pretty much spec it however you wanted so I'm doing mine as the R600. Thanks Al.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2013-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hqmon Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:39 am

I am doing the LTL that they had. Extended the cab into an internal sleeper. Was not happy with the striping so now has been rubbed back. I have the Trucking Life magazine article, but photos do not give a good side shot of the name. Wonder who has done the decals? as I would like them too. Will post photos if
photo bucket will let me.

hqmon
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Wed 22 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 10944310
Would this would be the LTL you're talking about? The one on the other forum is a standard cab with a sleeper box on it. I'll ask my son if he knows the blokes name or if it's just a forum name. If I find out what it is can/should I post it here or send a PM? This LTL is a nice piece of kit. Primed the chassis on the Mack today but managed to bust a steering link arm and mudguard bracket in the process - fat fingers!
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hqmon Wed 22 Jul 2015, 7:54 pm

Yes that is the one I am doing .Tried adding photos. Not working though. Will keep trying.
cheers
Kerry

hqmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Sun 16 Aug 2015, 6:26 pm

Doing a bit of an Allan with this one (love your work Al). Thought the real truck was painted a stock blue until I tried to match it. Everything was too blue. Mixed my own which didn't look too bad especially going on but it dried too blue as well. Took the picture to the auto shop and tried to match it there. Nothing close on the shelf in rattle cans but mate said he'd be happy to mix a litre!? Went to the hobby shop and all his colours in Humbrol, Tamiya and the ones war gamers use were like pubic hair - all round it but no goal!. Eventually settled on a Tamiya which looked real close in the bottle in the shop, great stirred and not too bad on the sample.Looks too bloody grey on the model doh It is closer than the first colour. This colour makes the real one appear to have a green? tinge.
Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1717

Looks even worse in this photo!! Looks like the best coat of grey primer I've ever done. It's a matt paint, I was hoping a satin coat once the decals were on would lift it, now I'm not so sure. Might be easier to use the picture as more of a guideline than a rule. Still no luck with decals for this yet. Do you guys sometimes  wonder wtf you are doing or is it just me ? Lol.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 16 Aug 2015, 7:12 pm

Off to a good start on this one, ya getting the colours right can be pain to get right. Laughing
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm

Third time round for paint on the chassis. Just used a Tamiya blue that I liked. It doesn't match the colour of the original but looks better.
Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1711

Did the pinstripes on the fuel tanks and added a couple of others to add a bit of interest                                                                .Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1714

Have given this a coat of floor polish to seal the decals. Came up alright, not super shiny but this isn't a show truck so all good.
]
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Fri 11 Sep 2015, 9:41 pm

Starting to put all the bits back together.
Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1715

I'm not sure if these are the original tyres, I think the rims are but the two don't go together very well. I've had to fill the tyres with cottonballs to keep them on the rim.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1716

Have now finished the drive rims so they can go on, rear light bar still to do. Still repairing the cab but Auslowe's new lowline sleeper turned up during the week.
Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1717

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1718

It's a great casting and comes with a bed and the sock that fits between the cab window and the sleeper. It would also be great on Flintstones and at least series 1 Superliners.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:45 am

Deaf as wrote:
Have given this a coat of floor polish to seal the decals. Came up alright, not super shiny but this isn't a show truck so all good.
]

G'day mate, just wondering what floor polish you used to seal the decals, and where did you get it from ? Have been chasing "Kleer" or "Future" but can't find it here in Gladstone Evil or Very Mad
Deadly
Deadly
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:01 pm

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1719

Hi Deadly, I was the same. I'd heard that Futures etc was the go but couldn't find it anywhere. I then heard or read that Pledge floor polish was the go. The one in the photo is the one I use. Again it's the only Pledge product I could find and then the Mrs had a girls look and it was all she could find! Got it from Woolies. It says Aloe Vera on the bottle but it hasn't worried any decals, paint etc etc. Seems to work over Humbrols, Tamiyas auto rattle cans, nail polish all ok. Didn't hide the decal carrier real well but by trimming the decal closer to the colour and reducing the amount of excess should help this. It pours from the bottle into the airbrush bottle clear and doesn't need thinning. So far hasn't turned yellow with age but oldest model is about 2 years old - the Comet Kenworth Aerodyne elsewhere in the showroom. It doesn't give a real deep shine but I'm not after that on trucks plus I've only ever done 1 coat and haven't attempted to polish it.
The other floor polish in the yellow bottle pours out a watery milk colour but dries clear. I've only tried this one on test pieces but the results seem similar to the pledge. Haven't tried this one over dark colours.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Sun 13 Sep 2015, 7:19 am

Thanks for the info mate twothumbsup Will find some and give it a go. Cheers !!
Deadly
Deadly
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm

No worries deadly, what could possibly go wrong?? For some reason the kit bonnet comes with ribs on the back of the guards so I'm sanding them off for a more Aussie look.Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1720.

Nearly finished patching up the cab so hopefully get some primer on this soon. Yep, that is a broken bonnet mount! Crying or Very sad
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Tue 29 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

Got some primer on, sanded and re primed. Starting to come up ok.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1723

Still a bit to go but the old fiberglass casting doesn't stand up to much handling very well. Air cleaner barrels, air horns,dash, marker lights etc all ready to be done in chrome. Made up a rear light bar as well. Finally got all the wheels on as well.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1724

Got decals for this but some I've been playing with are putting up a fight so I may have to rethink some of them.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cols56 Tue 29 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm

Keep at it mate looking the good's Cheer's Col.

Cols56

Male Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Wed 30 Sep 2015, 11:50 am

yep getting there with it popcorn
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse Wed 30 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm

that's starting to look great bigthumbsup

mouse

Male Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:41 am

Base colour on.
Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1726

This is the same colour as the chassis. Painted the blue first so it turned out the same as the chassis, thought giong over the white might change it.

Last edited by Deaf as on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's one of those days!!)
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hqmon Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 DSC00255
Finally been able to post photo's here. Here is the LTL Fluff &Stuff I have been working on.  Was not happy with the paint stripes so have started sanding back to do again. Had thought about moulding the cab, but have not made up my mind on that.

hqmon

Back to top Go down

Post by scummy Wed 07 Oct 2015, 5:39 am

scratch scratch scratch dunno
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://markharmer@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Thu 08 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm

Nice work Kerry, are you doing it as Pozzolanic as well? Got the white on this ready to start the decals.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1727

Didn't appreciate how much pinstriping was on this until I started to work out what I was going to need. Hopefully I'll get permission to turn the Bathurst races on and do a bit over the weeekend, deadline for Wagga is starting to get real close.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hqmon Fri 09 Oct 2015, 4:44 pm

Yes I am doing it as Pozzolanic. Get back onto it again soon.

hqmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Fri 09 Oct 2015, 7:04 pm

Apart from the owners name on the side, the sleeper has been decaled. Is decaled a word? spellcheck seems to disagree.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1728

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1729

Did some rough numbers on the sleeper - 40 curves, 55 straights some of which needed a couple of pieces to make the length. No wonder it's slow! Have to paint the handles for the storage boxes on the sleeper sides blue before I can put the owners decals on.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Tue 27 Oct 2015, 5:42 pm

Well, the Wagga deadline came and went and this didn't make it to the muster. The pinstripes decided they weren't going to be rushed so I didn't argue - married life teaches such things. Have got the cab done and clear coated. Need to add the chrome tape clamp to the drivers side air barrel pipe.

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1730

The photo didn't look that in your face in the folder! No secrets this close is there? Like the top half of the L in LTD missing! doh

Pozzolanic Bulk Carriers R600 Mack - Page 2 Dscf1731

Had to make a few changes to the original pin striping to make it a little  easier to do but it still remains close to the original. The chrome tape on the sun visor is to represent the aluminium bracket that holds it to the truck. Some bolt head detail might be needed here.  Have started work on the bull bar. I found that Auslowe's bar for a 4300 Inter Transtar had pretty much the right shape for the uprights, so I just cut the lower ends off and built a new bumper section to suit. Think I can use some of the offcuts for the lower part of the bar. I'll put a pic up when I've got all the bits together.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scummy Tue 27 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm

Decaled must be a word cause i know what ya sayin .
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://markharmer@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next