AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done.

+3
70cudatj
allan
clea
7 posters

Go down

Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. Empty Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done.

Post by clea Thu 14 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

I have posted the timeline on this one: birthed in Mt Isa, delivered in Portland. Personally, I have enjoyed this one, from a piece of shit.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. IMG_0369_zpszjokchat" />
To this.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 20150506_170444_zps3sgqeshq" />
To this.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 20150510_133818_zps2p8kfcxe" />
To this.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2015.13.30_zpso5k4qxvz" />
Just had the horns to drill out, and bits and pieces to finish.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2015.06.08_zpsaiiqqfd4" />
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2014.55.19_zpsebcwcpw9" />
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2014.51.50_zpscqtrthkc" />
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2014.51.34_zps17jrhzgi" />
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. 2016-04-14%2014.47.16_zpsouwff52u" />

Gentlemen; I hope you have enjoyed the path this has taken, Tim, Colin, Anthony, Allan, and everyone else....you have given me the incentive to get things done: thank you.
Colin..it was a great pleasure to meet you, I hope I didn't bore you. For a bloke to drive 3+ hrs, just to meet and talk to a fellow modeler is....Inspiring to say the least. The philosophy was to clear the bench to do the transtar, to do the 108, to do ....so it goes on.
Colin politely reminded me of the "bake off"....so I s'pose that is the priority.

(I'm really starting to enjoy this shit again !)

Cheers,
Clea.
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. Empty Re: Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done.

Post by allan Thu 14 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

Wow great job on it A+
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. Empty Re: Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done.

Post by 70cudatj Thu 14 Apr 2016, 5:47 pm

That is neat, and to think what a mess that was to what it looks like now is a credit to you mate, glad you enjoyed it too, it is a hobby and meant to be enjoyable (even though it does get to us sometimes) and it looks like you've found that enjoyment again twothumbsup
Looking forward to the next one off the bench at 'Clea's Rig Restos' Wink
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Thu 14 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm

Top Stuff Clea.
Glad you're enjoying it again, I can't think of anything I'd rather do with my spare time these days, and your 3D artwork is inspiring me to build something bigger.

bigthumbsup bigthumbsup
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dv8v8 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

awesome rebuild of something I would have relegated to the spares box bigthumbsup
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cols56 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm

The ol Pete looks great whats next in the queue ? Cheer's Col

Cols56

Male Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Sun 17 Apr 2016, 7:41 am

Geez Col, bit hard to say,
the blokes above you took up must of my 'limited' free time sorting out next years chrissy presents for them.
Anthony now has the 50 Chev, so I deem it to be his responsibility to join the "bake off team"??
Found a 56 F truck, or there's a C10 Chev..
Dunno Col, what about a mini cooper with two stacks up the back....that do ?

Oh, decal paper arrived friday, so I've been dicking around in Corel Photo & paint, and Coreldraw doing other names, dials, engine plates, cab plates, signs saying do not piss on the wheels....all the essential stuff.
Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. <a href=Peterbilt G/Bomb......Called it in as done. GKR-Scotts_zpspmu51ccm" />
Who was it that said..."Decals !...I hate using decals "?
Oh...hang on was it me.?
Just got to clean up the mess, something will crop up....too wet to mow the lawns.

Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:08 am

Did some-one say "Bake off" ?
Nice work on decals Clea. This computa design stuff is beyond my ability/understanding, so I tip me hat to you for being up with these drawing programs.

Cheers
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Sun 17 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

Antwon.
By actually referring to the tag.."Bake off"....Both Colin and I, well me predominately, have interpreted this to mean you are accepting this challenge?
Given that YOU are now in possession of said 50 Chev......and I've got a shed to clean up....??
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonidas Tue 10 May 2016, 8:05 am

That's one serious case of zero to hero...great work bringing this old beast back from the dead.

Leonidas
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down