AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version

+12
Mustang_67
Clutch
ADAMTEP
checkmate
Monaro
Kynan
The roadrunner
allan
Bryce
Tubman
Paul
big bad kustom
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Empty Re: Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version

Post by allan Tue 22 Dec 2009, 5:09 pm

looking good so far like the white colour Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_cool ,have just picked up the revell '66 Chevelle station wagon
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Empty Re: Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version

Post by big bad kustom Tue 22 Dec 2009, 5:45 pm

Allan , thats what I was looking at ,grafting the wagon roof from that kit onto the resin HK Premier body that The Parts Box makes, to create a ht/hk Wagon. I have a f/glass HK body but cutting off the roof , substantially weakens it , been down that road before with the f/glass hk Monaro. Coming soon I will start on a Doorslammer EH Wagon.

Cheers Ron
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Tue 22 Dec 2009, 9:58 pm

now that would be cool Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_cool a HK wagon Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_twisted
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Wed 23 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

I have actually started one Ron but gave up when I couldn't get the rear of the roof and rear pillars looking right. I used a Jaymar prem and the rear of a van for the lights and tailgate even though the tailgate is wrong for a wagon (it's a start). I was going to send it to TPB but I think they are backed up for a while to come. Would love to see it done right.
I'll post some pics when I find it.
Cheers
Kirk
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Wed 23 Dec 2009, 8:40 am

Lookin good man Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 238495
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Empty hi mate

Post by nagasaki Wed 23 Dec 2009, 9:24 am

big bad customs, if you do the eh wagon doorslamer ,howabout,eh panel van, ute, & sedan.would be fantastic to see them all siting in a row.
thanks
john

nagasaki
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Wed 23 Dec 2009, 11:45 am

Nice.
Can never have too many wagon builds.

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by big bad kustom Wed 23 Dec 2009, 9:09 pm

John, I'll stick with the EH Wagon for the moment Thanks I have a liking for the EH ( I've had 5 over the last few years)so the ute , van & wagon would look good .

Kirk, the plan was to use the Jaymar HK Van body for the tailgate and taillights, with some mods, plus a graft of rear quarter. I,m going to have to study it a bit more as it looks a bit like a lot of work involved.

Cheers Ron
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Thu 24 Dec 2009, 12:50 pm

I'm doing a 66 Chev wagon at the moment Ron, still "adjusting" the chassis and interior at the moment. Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_lol I'm pretty sure Shoey could knock us up a HK wagon in a day or two. I watched him make a HQ Monaro into a sedan at my place a few years ago and it only took him 2 nights! Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_eek I'd prefer a HQ wagon though. Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_wink

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big bad kustom Thu 24 Dec 2009, 1:33 pm

Yeah Rob, I saw Shoey that year when He created that HQ 4-door. He has the hands of God to create something that quick . It takes me more than two days just to prep a body for paint let alone modify it . Man, he' a genius . The '66 Chevelle Wagon could be a close match to the HK because of the hip line and possibly the interior tub. A HQ wagon would be good . I'll start on putting trim and BMF on the '67 Wagon today.

Cheers Ron

Cheers Ron
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Thu 24 Dec 2009, 7:58 pm

I'll try and have mine finished for April Ron and debut it at Tumut. Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Thu 24 Dec 2009, 10:02 pm

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 333868 Good to see someone tackling a different body style - not easy but you're doing well on this one. Hey I don't mind the yellow paint - these wagon Chevys need to be loud and noticed (in my humble opinion).

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 479898
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Thu 24 Dec 2009, 10:05 pm

If you painted it grey it'd pass for an aircraft carrier! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Fri 25 Dec 2009, 8:57 pm

checkmate wrote:If you painted it grey it'd pass for an aircraft carrier! Wink

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 52019
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by big bad kustom Fri 25 Dec 2009, 10:09 pm

Tezza A few of my builds in work at the moment and others coming up are different body styles in resin . I am also sussing out an Oldsmobile Wagon from one of the U.S. resin makers . About 12 years ago I began to market US resin models for something different. Sold a few then quit when US dollar took a dive and other reasons.
Checkmate: the 67 wagon would have been carrier grey matt if I wasn't going to paint it white, used white matt instead , very funny LOL Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_lol Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 52019
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang_67 Sat 26 Dec 2009, 9:54 am

Looks great man Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 238495
Mustang_67
Mustang_67
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Fri 05 Feb 2010, 8:45 pm

Hey Ron
Found my HK wagon, or what there is of it, just need someone with magic hands to finish it, bit off more than I could chew on this one. Pretty ugly Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 Icon_cry
Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 IMG_0551
Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 IMG_0552
Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 IMG_0553
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by big bad kustom Fri 05 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm

Hey Kirk . Yup, its ugly! Thanks for showing,that! That is the main problem, getting the tailgate , upper and lower sorted out and worked into the right shape? The tailight recesses could be a problem ? You said you used the Jaymar P/Van rear quarter which kind of solves the taillight area. I am just wondering whether to use the ute rear and graft a ,66 Chevelle wagon roof section to the HK body. I am just about to receive The Parts Box Premier body. I,ll open up a new thread on the HK Wagon. In the meantime the Impala wagon has been Bare metalled but have'nd trimmed it yet. Gotta be in the mood for that??

Cheers Ron
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Fri 05 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

The ute body was actually converted from the Van, I did the master and Jaymar did the casting for me years ago, I have since fixed it up a bit and TPB has at the moment, don't know when they will start casting them though, so at least they will be decent castings.
The tailgate area needs more work as the 1:1 comes out flush with the taillights as opposed to the van which cuts back in as seen in pics. I hope you have better luck than me with it, would love to see one done.
Cheers
Kirk
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by big bad kustom Thu 05 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

Kirk Have now started on HK /HT Wagon. Early days yet , where I cut up 66 Chevelle Wagon for roof mod and removed back end of HK Premier Soon I'll post as its own WIP site
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Thu 05 Aug 2010, 9:01 pm

Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 708873
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by HOT EH Sat 07 Aug 2010, 8:53 am

just found this one ron how it how it goin look good / ( GO EH,S ) still got2 Station Wagons/'67 Chev Impala version - Page 2 772183
HOT EH
HOT EH
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2