AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution

+2
tezza43
Mr Mopar
6 posters

Go down

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution Empty The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution

Post by Mr Mopar Sun 16 Aug 2009, 5:13 pm

Hi all, this is my collection of Revell big scale drag cars, all bougt and built during the 90's when Revell were doing their "Hot Rod" series of kits.

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 002
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 005
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 006
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 011
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 012
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 014
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 024
The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 026
Mr Mopar
Mr Mopar
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution Empty Re: The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution

Post by tezza43 Tue 18 Aug 2009, 8:24 am

Fantastic collection - nicely built and detailed. Anyone been watching the drag racing on Sports Channel One? You'll see some similar machines on the strip.

terrific
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution Empty Re: The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution

Post by Andy Wed 19 Aug 2009, 12:25 pm

bigthumbsup
Andy
Andy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2008-03-21

https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/AndyDubz/Models/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Wed 19 Aug 2009, 5:50 pm

It is good to see another 1/16th drag racing builder here,all have turned out spot on,I am currently building swamp rat 19 and a 1/16th topolino AA/FA as well, by the way have you got anymore planned to build.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Tony
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by doorslammerfan Wed 19 Aug 2009, 8:56 pm

I've built two funny cars have 3 more too buld ,two front engine dragster and a general lee to build, Also done a 12th scale 57 chev got another and the vette to go.
doorslammerfan
doorslammerfan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2009-08-14

https://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/doorslammerfan/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 19 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

Nicely done 1/16th's greatjob
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Mopar Wed 19 Aug 2009, 10:25 pm

Tony wrote:It is good to see another 1/16th drag racing builder here,all have turned out spot on,I am currently building swamp rat 19 and a 1/16th topolino AA/FA as well, by the way have you got anymore planned to build.

Cheers Tony.

Got a couple of other kits floating around. I have done a mpc 63 split window vette in a similar style to the mustang doorslammer. Problem is it used to sit on the mantle piece and the paint crazed really badly one winter when the heater was getting alot of use.
Also started on converting the amt thunderbird into Colin Wills doorslammer, but gave up on it around the third chassis attempt. Might get back to it one day.
The latest project is a comp resins T bucket which I only bought off evilbay a few months back. I have another funny car to use as a donor, just looking at old photos off the web from the 70's to find something aussie to base the build on.
Mr Mopar
Mr Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Fri 21 Aug 2009, 10:19 am

I have the Comp resin's T altered body as well I got it at the same time I got the topo from them.

That's a shame about the paint with the vette I picked that kit up a while ago I will get to it one day.

Mate if you ever wan't to part with any 1/16th stuff let me know but it would be good to see the will's thunderbird done.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Tony
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Mopar Fri 21 Aug 2009, 9:37 pm

Just thought I would put up a couple of photos of the vette and the Tbird for ya. Sad thing with the Tbird is I had most of the body mods complete. When AIR closed down and I didn't see the car any more I lost the ability to reference the 1:1 and the enthusiasm for the build. The photos flatter the vette, the paint is much worse than it appears in the photos.

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 014-3

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 001-8

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 002-7

The Dons, Prudhomme, Garlits and a Big Scale Revolution 0032-1
Mr Mopar
Mr Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Sun 23 Aug 2009, 10:55 am

Matt,it's a shame you have lost the enthusiasm to finish the bird have you thought about maybe turning it into a fictional car and that may rum in super charged outlaws just a thought so you could finish it.

I really like the vette,its a shame about the paint but you could alway's do a rebuild with new paint.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Tony
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Mopar Sun 23 Aug 2009, 5:38 pm

Tony, I will strip and repaint the vette at some stage, but will do some other chassis mods at the same time. The Tbird isn't dead either, it's just gone onto the long term list for now. I have some photos of the car so i should be able to build it so it as a reasonable likeness. Part of the problem is I have far too much WIP (which is still growing) at the moment and no time.
Mr Mopar
Mr Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Sun 23 Aug 2009, 8:11 pm

Matt,I know what you mean including the 1:1 car's as well,when you get back into them keep us posted.

By the way do you race the VC at any nostalgia event's as I am rebuilding my monaro to race in the nostalgia series in the muslce car class.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Tony
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Mopar Sun 23 Aug 2009, 9:24 pm

I used to do nostalgia meets, and the 1/8th mile meets at the country tracks (Mildura, Coonawarra and Whyalla), but since AIR closed completely the car has been parked. Sad but at the time I was studying and between jobs. Now I don't really want to spend the money to get the car back up to scratch until we have a 1/4 mile track here in Adelaide.

All I can say is get along to the nostalgia meets, I always found everyone was relaxed, friendly and out to have fun.
Mr Mopar
Mr Mopar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Mon 24 Aug 2009, 8:21 pm

I have been to a few now,and that is is why I wan't to race nostalgia as it is a great atmosphere and it is about having fun,it has been a while since I raced but I can't wait to be racing again the last time was in 98 and that was super sedan.

Matt,we went through the same thing as you guy's are now a lot of us just parked our car's or sold them,mate finger's crossed the power's to be come to their censes and Andra and do something for you all as we need more track's in the country.

Cheers Tony.
Tony
Tony
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down