AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated

3 posters

Go down

Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated Empty Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated

Post by Alfaholic Sat 30 Jul 2011, 5:34 am

I`m about to paint some small resin parts for my 1/18 gtv wheel centers, and could use all the help /advice and guidance i can get.I will be using a spray can from Auto one.The total area i will be spraying is no bigger than a twenty cent piece.I know that pics would make things alot more interesting and possibly help me some more but i don't have any at this stage.

So i have my colour from Auto one and primer and also now know i need to clean the resin parts with warm soapy water is there anything else i need to know .

Last edited by Alfaholic on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Alfaholic
Alfaholic
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated Empty Re: Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated

Post by Unforgiven Sun 31 Jul 2011, 1:11 am

Sounds like you pretty much have it, I don't know if you guys have access to an item called Westleys Bleach White, or not, but thats the best stuff to use to clean resin,
Unforgiven
Unforgiven
I should be working on Models

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated Empty Re: Tips and tricks for painting small resin parts Updated

Post by Alfaholic Sun 31 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

I did a quick search ,and was not able to find in in Australia,but thanks fr replying anyway.
Alfaholic
Alfaholic
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Iansmodels Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:04 pm

just normal bleach mate it basically kills any residue from the moulds let it dry thoroughly and prim lightly wet sand and top coat
Iansmodels
Iansmodels

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down