AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ???

5 posters

Go down

Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? Empty Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ???

Post by sports850 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

This is in the latest issue of "The Mini Experience" and has me thinking of doing a scale version of it , any ideas of who would make a kit of this truck and also what actually is the truck (other than a Dodge) ? I remember seeing a Dodge (I think) truck and trailer in a kit some time ago (it had a wrecked late 30's ford shell on the trailer I think ???) but can't remember what type of Dodge and who made it . Has anyone got any ideas please ?

Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? MINITRUCK
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? Empty Re: Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ???

Post by sports850 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

I found a photo of the kit I was thinking of and it's the Lindberg Dodge L700 kit , definitely wrong model (cab over , not long nose) Dodge ....
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? Empty Re: Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ???

Post by baZOOKa Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

Looks like a D5N Mates dad had one ...great truck. Not sure about a model version tho!
baZOOKa
baZOOKa
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1409
Registration date : 2011-07-15

http://www.outbackherbsandspices.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by sports850 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

Thank's Dean , you've given me a starting point to search from other than Dodge Truck cab Smile
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scummy Thu 22 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

Mate , there is a model kit of this type of truck . The only version is in 1/43rd , you can see them and others on -www.freewebs.com/robsclassicmodels , and they are expensive !!!!! So if your going to do one you will have to scratch build one .
Looking amongst the old the papers i got i dont think its a D5N , they are a newer model than the one in the pictures .
Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? P1030897
Anyone have any info on a model of this Dodge truck ??? P1030922
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://markharmer@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

sports850,Have a look on the truck page have bumped Danny's Dodge up,its a resin one from a bloke in Taz,he is reworking the mold for it,you find its what you are looking for.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by sports850 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:49 am

That's brilliant , thank's Allan Smile
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scummy Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

That truck that danny and his mate made is a later model truck so you will have to change the grille .
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by fat141 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

Ian, I posted some more pics of a D5N model on the model truck page instead of here, sorry, but you have to go look there mate, cause I don't know how to move it here
Rod.

fat141
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sports850 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

Thank's for everyone's help , I have now loated the maker of these bodies , Kerry Poynton , and he is going to be remaking the mould soon to produce them again (maybe even with the option of choosing between two grilles for early and late models) .
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scummy Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

Great news , would like the earlier model for a old highway hauler .
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by sports850 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

I'll pass the details on to you tomorrow when i'm on the computer and not my phone Smile
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down