AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide King

+4
DeeCee
mgy125
zenrat
Unforgiven
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suicide King Empty Suicide King

Post by Unforgiven Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:04 pm

OK, this is gonna happen fast, so you have to keep up, as you can see, it's a caddy, a nice one too, but we're gonna do some nasty things to it, to make it look oober kewl, so keep up with the build, things are gonna happen fast, I hope, it's plan'd, the math is work'd out, the saw is ready......

Suicide King 100_0399
Unforgiven
Unforgiven
I should be working on Models

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Re: Suicide King

Post by zenrat Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

popcorn

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

OK, first order of body work done, the smoothing, it will be a roadster, so the top, will come off close to last, becouse it would be to flimsy, till I get the glass in, of course it will be in the weeds, some kewl wheels and tires, if I can get them....

Suicide King 100_0400

Suicide King 100_0401
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

popcorn ...watching.
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:21 pm

Next stop, the trunk:

Suicide King 100_0413
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

Mate, you gotta be careful where you buy your kits, looks like you got another one with dodgey doors that fall off. Laughing Love these big caddies, looking forward to this one being done.
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3772
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

DeeCee wrote:Mate, you gotta be careful where you buy your kits, looks like you got another one with dodgey doors that fall off. Laughing Love these big caddies, looking forward to this one being done.

I know it, happydance right? told you guys this will happen fast:

OK1 here we are, I will do the trunk lip, and show pic's of it going down, now after you cut out your panels please make sure, you remove the lip that will show up on the underside, it makes attaching from inside so much easy'r, and gives you a level playing field, when it come's to hinging....

Suicide King 100_0414
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

OK, here you go, this is the way I do trunk lips, they don't have to be very wide, I first cut a 1/4th wide, strip of .010 plastic sheet 2 inches long, X 2, I then mark a line about 1/32 of an inch, then super glue the strip, to the line, inside the trunk, I do the 2 side's first, now when you do the top/front of the trunk, you will have to see how far it is between the 2 side strips, there all different, after it's all said and done, it will look all blocky, you will have to file it to what you need, to give it that right look, be sure to check, and recheck, the way the trunk fits, because it's gotta sit flush,and smooth:

Suicide King 100_0420trunklip

Suicide King 100_0421trunklip

Suicide King 100_0423trunklip

Suicide King 100_0424trunklip

Suicide King 100_0426trunklip

Suicide King 100_0427trunklip

Suicide King 100_0429trunklip
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

Morning guys, let's get some building done, here is a shot of the finish'ed trunk lip, with a lil file work it looks good, this isn't great, but after a lil mud an paint it will look great:

Suicide King 100_0435trunklip
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:32 am

OK, now for the hinge's, this will have to be done in sections, and I hope it will be easy to understand, first off, is the spacer, as you can see by the curve of the door, whoa!, needs to be filled with something, soooooooo, I cut a 5/8ths of an inch long piece of about .060 inch plastic, about 5/16ths of an inch wide, give it a good sanding to match the curve of the body as possible, and super glued it to, the inside of the body, about 1/16th of an inch, just inside the door frame, the reason for the brace, is to have a level playing field, and it gives a flat surface to attache the tube to:

Suicide King Hinge

Suicide King Hing-2

Suicide King Hinge-3
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:01 pm

Keep going with those detail pics mate please, i have not been game do doors yet, but am learning more each time you put in an update. looking good too. popcorn popcorn
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Time to hinge

Post by Unforgiven Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:37 am

Morning guys, It's 7 am here in Az land, the weather suck' s again today so no primer on the nasty 9, yeasterday i was feeling ill, so i didnt get to post, nor did I get much done, but here is some work..

Now I like to use piano wire and small aluminum tubing, to make my hinge's, some use, brass, hollow Q-tip tube's, and even paper clips, so you can use pretty much what ever you have at hand, I get my tubing and piano wire from my local Ace Hardware store:

Suicide King Hing5

I then cut 2 piece's of tubing about 7/16th's of an inch long, debure them, or smoothe the edge's, and make sure the hole is clear, now I use a miter box, and a saw blade to to this, it's a handy lil booger to have around, I also scratch build my own header's when need'd, and my own distributors, some people will just lay the tub out and cut it with a excto blade, by rolling to, an fro:

Suicide King Hinge6

Suicide King Miterbox

I then cut 2 piece's of the piano wire, 1 inch an 7/16th's long, now you can cut this longer, up to how your going to fit the hinge, and you can allways trim it off later:

Suicide King Hinge7

Slip the wire thru the tubing like so:

Suicide King Hinge8

Now I got this nifty lil smooth mini needle nose pliers from Walmart, it came with 4 other tools, it's nice to have when you need to make the bends, oh yea, in the jewlery section:

Suicide King Hinge9
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty The bends

Post by Unforgiven Wed 12 Sep 2012, 1:02 am

Whew, ok now on to the bends.

Now I can't exactly tell you the bends, so I'm hopping the pictures will help you thru this process, becouse each build is different, each efect you want can be different too, sooooo....

Your first bend should look like this:

Suicide King Hinge10

Now my second bend is alway's at a slight angle, I dunno why, but it works for me, you want to get this as close to possible, it must clear the door jamb, you don"t need the door to swing so wide, just a good indication that it open's in the direction you want:

Suicide King Hinge11

Here's the rest, try to get it all straight, and even as possible, but you can always tweak it later too:

Suicide King Hinge12

Suicide King Hinge13

Now, I use super glue to tack it into place, then I use this stuff 5 min epoxy, this stuff is great, oh and try not to get anything in the hinge hole, it suck's:

Suicide King Epoxy

Anyway you should have something close to this, and I cannot stress this more, TEST FIT, TEST FIT, TEST FIT, I dint care if your eyeball's are popping out of your head becouse of all the test fitting, DO IT AGAIN!!!!, believe me you will like the results, and it's allot less aggravation in the end......

Suicide King Hinge14
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty placement

Post by Unforgiven Wed 12 Sep 2012, 4:59 am

OK, now that you have done the easy stuff, now the fun begins, the placement, first off tape that door to the body, make sure you have the same opening all the way around, good and tight now, you don't want that puppy to move, when least expected:

Suicide King Placement

Next set you socks over the lil leg's, ok sleave's, somethin like this, then just a lil drop of super goo, let it set up, just for a few, then I take the door off, to make sure I didn't glue the leg's in the sleave's, let it set up real good now, then slip the door back into place, yes tape it again, then, set your hinge in place, do the drop of goo, let it set a few, then remove the door again, yea I know long process, now when it's all said and done you should have something like the last 2 pictures: now your door will sag, and it will be at the top, just tweak the top leg a lil, gently you will be ok, cut your door sleave's about 1/4 inch long, longer if you need them, just remember once cut, you pay, if you have to cut them shorter:

Suicide King Placement2

Suicide King Placement4

Suicide King Placement3

Side note for are brother builders, on the other side of the pond, if you would like, I can put all the messuriments, in MM, I wasnt thinking I'm sorry scratch
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Pay Attention

Post by Unforgiven Wed 12 Sep 2012, 1:27 pm

Now see this is what happens when you don't pay attention to the gap on the door as you tape it, to the body, for finale placement: as a friend suggested, file the tubes down as they do butt up to the corner of the dog leg, or, use plastic sheet to fill the gap:

Suicide King Placenent5
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Wed 12 Sep 2012, 5:55 pm

Thanks so far mate, inches is fine with me, old enough to know what they are. Very Happy Thanks for the pics too mate.
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Ooops

Post by Unforgiven Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:51 pm

Well this took some time, but it will look kewl as all get out, now I have to make another lip, and another hinge, stay toon'd, LOOK MY HOOD FELL APART:

Suicide King Hood

Suicide King Hood2
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Interior work

Post by Unforgiven Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:53 am

The interior madness, must now begin, I didn't like it so now I'm gonna change it, it will have a kusom center console, that wraps around the back seats, from the dash:

Suicide King Interior

First order of business, lose the back seat, I scribe'd and saw'd my way thru:

Suicide King Interor2

Rebuilt the floor, and some of the side pannel's, using just some .010 sheet plastic:

Suicide King Interior3

Suicide King Interior4

Now here it is with the seats mock'd up, will clean up the seam's so they look one piece, I got them from a mustang kit, don't know which one, just that they were in a box, mark'd Mustang:

Suicide King Interior5

Suicide King Interior6
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Issues Solve'd

Post by Unforgiven Thu 20 Sep 2012, 3:29 am

Ok we had som issues, but we got past them , here is a shot of the kustom consule:

Suicide King Centerconsole-vi

Broke the post at the windshield and roof line, so we replaced it with the '59 convert, frame, it is stronger anyway:

Suicide King Brokenpost-vi

Suicide King 59convertreplacememnt-vi

As you will also notice, we add'd some lower body support just under the door opening:

Suicide King Bodysupport-vi

Here is what it looks like with, the new frame, some minor touch up and it will look like part of the car:

Suicide King Replaced-vi

Suicide King Replaced2-vi
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Suicide Update

Post by Unforgiven Thu 27 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

Yeah I know, not much of an update, but its 4 am and im KOOKING BABY!!!!!!!, where the hell did I leave that FREAKING SAW!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now that, that is all done, we move on, here you will cut, or well scribe out the door panels, PLEASE BE CAREFUL, take your time, and let the tool do the work for you, you see some nasty, tight curves here at the top of the door, at the front, just fallow the line, slow and easy, here are some shot's of what you want, you will not need that bottom lip at the bottom of the door, but keep them on the front and back panels:

Suicide King Doorjambssills2

Suicide King Doorjambssills3

You see i have already put the rear panel onto the interior bucket, you need to do this, and the front panel too, you will be using them to line up the door panel, once those are dry enough....
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Back to top Go down

Post by Ybsluos Sun 14 Oct 2012, 8:38 am

Very nice work Michael!-Mark
Ybsluos
Ybsluos
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dwayne Sun 14 Oct 2012, 8:50 am

i cant wait to see it finished
dwayne
dwayne
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:17 pm

Any movement on this or either of you other builds mate, you state on another site, (LIL) nobody likes your builds on other sites, i personally like where they all are heading, you just need to to get a bit closer to finishing some of them mate, you have the ideas and skill to do an awsome model, just wish you would finish some thing for us to like.
No malice intended, i like what you do, just please finish something for me/us to like. Now get back to the bench!! Laughing
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Suicide King Empty Back to the bench

Post by GothicKustomz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:19 am

DeeCee wrote:Any movement on this or either of you other builds mate, you state on another site, (LIL) nobody likes your builds on other sites, i personally like where they all are heading, you just need to to get a bit closer to finishing some of them mate, you have the ideas and skill to do an awsome model, just wish you would finish some thing for us to like.
No malice intended, i like what you do, just please finish something for me/us to like. Now get back to the bench!! Laughing

I'm on the way back to it now, just run out of insperation some times, you get bored, wanna move on to something else, got a lil depress'd didnt do the math right for the Twisted Sister, but she is all about done, got the wheels, the engine, need to do the interior pan, primer and paint, but yet i got 3 yes 3 '65 Pontiac's in the other day, and their just yelling at me, yeah makes a total of 6 i have now, man, im gonna be busy.....
GothicKustomz
GothicKustomz

Male Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mopar68 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

Laughing you must have the same sickness as me Razz
Why the change of name?

You're on Layitlow Dale?