AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 window 34 ford

+10
silverfox
zenrat
Bernard Kron
blatdriver
RetrospectKustoms
mgy125
micsmav
DeeCee
allan
dv8v8
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3 window 34 ford  - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 window 34 ford

Post by Bernard Kron Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

More info! Thanks for that! The ZZ Top Eliminator is fairly commonly available but the most desirable kits for those of us into period hot rods and the like would be either the Flat Box or Early Iron releases. The ZZ Top car comes pre-chopped but looks slightly "square" to me. The earlier un-chopped coupe looks like better raw material. If it's truly rare then it would make sense to pull molds of the both the coupe and roadster and develop a series of variants. In any case I'll keep my eye out for any of these variants except the Thom Taylor roadster which is not something I'd go after. Perhaps, as has been the case in the past, as I start looking, and just after I finally score a decent copy of the Flat Box kit, it will be re-issued by Revell...
Bernard Kron
Bernard Kron
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:18 am

Thanx Chris, you've saved me some time in the photo studio takin' pictures.   Very Happy 

I think, but not 100% sure that the AMT version ended up being modified for use as a body on one of their 'oval track modified' kits.

The Thom taylor version has some useful contemporary street rod parts and can be built into a fine traditional hot rod, so it is worth a look at.

Hopefully they still have that tooling and might consider doing soemthing like they've done to update other older kits like the '36 coupe and '48 Convert/Coupe in recent times.

It's always seemed weird to me that the secnd most popular of all the early Fords, especially among hot roders, has never had the investment (by that I mean the effort to get it right) by model makers as has the Deuce.   Sad

In the foreground is the out of scale and oddly proportioned body designed to fit the tube frame from the Buttera model T Tudor.  Behind it is the equally misproportioned AMT body, which was sort of sectioned like their deuces only with disasterous results.  At the back is the AMT dirt track body and at right the later Monogram unit, which is identioal in almost every way to the body in the old flat pack kit, except that the coupe top is chopped rather than stock.  In the foreground is the stock cabriolet winscreen and cowl and the chopped piece for the more contemporary cabriolet. Interestingly, some of the parts like front axles, vary depending on the 'age' of this kit.

3 window 34 ford  - Page 2 DSCN1238_zps4e487cf0

Sorry DV8V8, it seems us lovers of the model 40 have hijacked your thread.

Last edited by Carps on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dv8v8 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:31 am

no worries Carps, its finished just waiting for the sun to come out so i can take some pics
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Ol'55 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:43 am

Firstly I gotta say that this rod is looking absolutely GREAT!.
I love the overall build of this car and the colour suits it well.twothumbsup
Speaking of kits, I recently bought this kit and am waiting on it's delivery. 3 window 34 ford  - Page 2 3410
Has anyone come across any issues with the building of this kit?, or is it a fairly
straight forward build?. I would like to maybe do some changes of my own to
this kit. Any suggestions?... (be nice!)
jerryjerry
Jerry Ol'55
Jerry Ol'55
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down