AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4070A TRANSTAR

2 posters

Go down

4070A TRANSTAR Empty 4070A TRANSTAR

Post by clea Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

Because I had sorted, cleaned up the work area, and getting organised. I left this on the work table, along with the peterbilt reclaim (because the chassis is in the paint booth) OH...and the Mack superliner.
The policy is now:..finish what you start, then put it where you can. So hopefully there is going to be some organisation to the current chaos. 1974 (I think?) I worked for Meadows transport out of Rocklea, based in Melb.  in the donald duck 400's doing the Melb - Forbes shuttle. Then Tom asked me if I wanted to do straight through, Melb - Brisbane and gave me one of the new 400's then swapped me into one of the 4070's. I had done a model of this when the ERTL kits first appeared, and ended up giving it to Tom for his office.
So this was going to be a revisit of the truck; I can't access the old photos I had, and I would appreciate if ANYONE has any that may show Meadows Livery, (basically red, with blue striping) if i could access them/it. Failing that...this one (of 10..I just can't bring myself to get rid of these ones !) will appear as either ALLtrans, or Rapid transports old girls.
4070A TRANSTAR 2016040219_11_01-vi
So did the suspension, modified the exhaust system and tanks, fabricated a dash, trimmed the cab, and put it on it's wheels, just prior to (weather dependant) putting it into paint. 350 cummins modified to 335 going into this.
4070A TRANSTAR 2016040308_50_20-vi
That's the plan...3 on the bench, to finish...Then a systematic approach for the others.
The "Wicked Witch of the House" won't let them inside, so I'll have to build shelving or...buy bigger gargabe bins ?

Clea.
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

4070A TRANSTAR Empty Re: 4070A TRANSTAR

Post by Johno Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

Nice job, looking good
My wicked witch wont let me buy any more, gotta wait till shes at work to collect my newly aquired, lucky i got heaps so she doesnt see the stash growing ha.....haa.......
Johno
Johno

Male Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down