AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car

+8
allan
Bryce
tezza43
OZBUILDER
stevegt738
Clutch
Paul
Kynan
12 posters

Go down

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Empty 64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car

Post by Kynan Sat 27 Jun 2009, 9:29 pm

Well here is another build with a twist and a story I started This build about 7 years ago I was one of my first mod jobs and i made a great job in stuffing it up so it was thrown in with all of my other failed builds which there has been a heaps. Some how it made it way over to work a while ago and has just been sitting in my room for some reason I picked it up I thought about stripping it all the way back to undo all of my mistakes because the body work will never be any more than about 60%. But I was in the mood for a quick build a I have two big ones on the go so I don't need a third one then I thought about an old rough parts chaser / pit truck I still have roof racks and engine ( going to be a 6 Cly not the 8 that came in the kit ). The trailer is one that I built out of a sprue frame that came out of a kit and the speed way car I got of Ebay It is some one else work I dont know what class it would run in a I have never seen any speed way car of that stlye the chassie is out of an old chevy dirt track racer and the body work is styrene it is a bit rough and damaged so I am going to re build it for some reason I liked the quirkey style of it and it remindes me of a redneck racer.

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Allmostdone005
64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Allmostdone00664 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Allmostdone007
64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Allmostdone001
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Empty Re: 64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car

Post by Paul Sat 27 Jun 2009, 11:59 pm

Nice work!! the dual cab is sweet bigthumbsup
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Empty Re: 64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car

Post by Clutch Sun 28 Jun 2009, 12:08 am

Another cool project to follow. popcorn
Clutch
Clutch
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1310
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegt738 Sun 28 Jun 2009, 4:10 am

Looks interesting. popcorn
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by OZBUILDER Sun 28 Jun 2009, 7:30 am

Looks like something you see at a typical saturday night dirt track meet. That speedway car is known as a AMCA National or V8 Dirt Modified as they used to call them. Its very very well done, very nice replica.
OZBUILDER
OZBUILDER
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Sun 28 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

That "stretched" pickup is fab - nice work. It's good to see so much modelling talent on this forum.

greatjob
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Sun 28 Jun 2009, 9:48 am

realcool

That is well worth finishing off.
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 28 Jun 2009, 9:57 am

great twin cab,that dirt track car is very diffrent. Twisted Evil bigthumbsup
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10398
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Sun 28 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

Nice combo, That looks like an IMCA dirt modified to me. It looks like somthing you would see at the track on saturday night.
Maximus
Maximus

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Mon 29 Jun 2009, 4:05 pm

thanks everyone for the comments. Oz and Maximus thanks for the info. My uncle use to race dirt modified in the early eighties and have very found memories of the smell, noise and the dirt/ mud being thrown in to my face while standing at the fence in the pit area. i did a quick search on the net I had forgotten how much I love these cars, Am going to have to build one in the in the not to distant future. Have been doing a bit on the dirt mod today have cleaned up the body work and repainted it almost British racing green and have been doing a bit of a better look to the pick up will post pictures tomorrow.
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by OZBUILDER Mon 29 Jun 2009, 5:27 pm

No problem Kynan. And Maximus, here in australia there on track almost every second saturday night as a support to the big boys. Cant wait to see the pics.
OZBUILDER
OZBUILDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Mon 29 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

Just started the weathering of the truck here is the undercoat patches and some of the paint rubbed back thought the 4 different colours of paint that I sprayed to certain areas about to start the the surface rust patches the rust will be built up of 4 colours of browns and rust to give the different shades of new and old rusts

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Startoftheweathering004

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Startoftheweathering005

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Startoftheweathering001
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Tue 30 Jun 2009, 9:10 am

looksgreat
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Tue 30 Jun 2009, 9:42 am

Nice convertion there Kynan, as you can tell I love the shiny stuff but I am amazed at how you guys do all the weathering and rust. Also inspiring me to pull out some of my old rejects and give em a new lease on life. bigthumbsup
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Tue 30 Jun 2009, 1:49 pm

Just finished the Roof rack headache bar and the push pumper just have to paint and finished the weathering

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Mokeupwithroofracketc001

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Mokeupwithroofracketc007-1

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Mokeupwithroofracketc006-1

64 Chevy Dual Cab pick up and stock car Mokeupwithroofracketc005
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by OZBUILDER Tue 30 Jun 2009, 7:35 pm

Nice work, I to like the shiny stuff tubman, maybe cause im scared to try this weathering thing.
Can i ask a probably stupid question... The front wheels, are they angled in to simulate the added weight of car and trailer on the back?
OZBUILDER
OZBUILDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:49 am

Oz thanks for pointing that out. The wheels had not been glued on as the still had to be weathered. I had not thought about the angle of the front wheels till you pointed it out. The model has a McPherson strut front end so with the lift for the 4X4 tires and the trailer their would be a very slight tilt in the tires but not as pronounced as in the Pictures
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by ADAMTEP Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:59 am

Nice work Kynan love the weathering primer work mate, fantastic.
Adam
ADAMTEP
ADAMTEP
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 09 Jul 2009, 1:04 pm

wow
Andy
Andy
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 853

https://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/AndyDubz/Models/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Thu 09 Jul 2009, 4:29 pm

Thanks Everyone for the comments during this quick build I hope that I was able to show that a project that went wrong does not mean that you still cant make a OK model out off it, even if it sits in the parts box for years like this one before you get it out again. The model still needs a little bit of dusting here and their but it can wait till next time I have the air brush out for another project the Picture of the finished build are in the showroom so please have a look.
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down