AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!!

4 posters

Go down

Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!! Empty Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!!

Post by Chris Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

Hey guys,
Again, I've been massively slack checking the Forum lately! Too busy for fun.....

Anyway, I had meant to post this a while back, so I may be a bit late to be of use to anyone.

On Sunday October 23, the Penrith Model Swapmeet will be back better than ever. The organisers have over 120 tables booked, with sellers & displays of all sorts of hobbies. Diecast, Kits, Sci Fi, Trading Cards, Slot Cars, Model Railways etc, should be something for everyone.

Of most interest to us, there will be a model competition at the show. Aimed mainly at car builders too, which is a bonus! So if anyone in the Western Sydney area is interested in entering some models on the day, please let me know and I'll forward more info. There really has been no opportunity for Sydney car builders to easily show off their hard work, but here it is!

So, please grab a few kits and come down, should be a good day, you may grab a bargain or two as well! And, if things go well, it could be the catalyst for a "proper" Sydney model show.....

Thanks!
Chris
Chris
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2010-03-21

http://www.stickitgraphics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!! Empty Re: Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!!

Post by AJ Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:44 am

Count me in
How do we enter
AJ
AJ

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Back to top Go down

Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!! Empty Re: Penrith Model Swap Oct 23 - Includes Model Kit Comp!!

Post by big bad kustom Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

Chris I'm interested. I can bring a few.
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:45 pm

any more details on how to enter ,times etc
thanks
AJ
AJ
AJ

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

Sorry for the late reply, guys! My life is hectic hell right now!!!

You can bring in your models on Sunday morning anytime from 8am. There is no entry fee as such for models, but there is an Admission fee to the event of $5. This is basically what Joe Public pays to walk in the door too. It's a pretty loose comp at the moment, "judging" will be about 1pm, with prizes donated by Southern models (Revell, Monogram, Airfix).
The event is primarily a Swap Meet, so space is limited for the kit comp. If things go well, there may be an expanded kit show at the next meet, along with a more structured comp. It would be nice to get a good turnout, it may push some buttons to get a dedicated event happening in the Sydney area....

As for what to bring.... Anything! Cars, Trucks, Bikes the more variety the better. And bring more than 1 model if possible, the more impressive the display the better!

The facts:
Penrith Panthers Pavillion
Mulgoa Rd Penrith
Open 9am to 3pm

$5 Adults
$2 Concession
Accompanied kids Free
Free entry after 1pm

More than 100 tables of Diecast, Kits, Railway, Slot Cars, Sports Collectables, Action Figures, Trading cards and more.

I'll be there, right next to the kit display, floggin my wares! And keeping an eye on your models.....

Hope to see you there!

Chris
Chris

Male Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2010-03-21

http://www.stickitgraphics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by OZBUILDER Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

wish i seen this before it was too late
OZBUILDER
OZBUILDER

Male Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down