AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FC Holden

+13
Johno
LordZycon
Bigdaddy0
Antwon
ADAMTEP
aussie muscle
checkmate
Shoey
allan
silverfox
slowlylearning
zenrat
dv8v8
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FC Holden - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Holden

Post by Antwon Tue 05 Mar 2013, 5:05 pm

That's interesting about the difference between the 1/10 wooden masters you spoke about Alan.
I didn't think anybody was having a go at the kit, I certainly never thought it looked wrong, these guys that can create scale masters of cars are artists in my book. Bruce and Jason certainly have done a fantastic job, all I was wondering about was the fit of the acetate windows cause I really want to build one but with little experience with this media I wasn't sure whether I'd be up to it.

Cheers all.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbodies Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm

No worries Antwon - I just thought it would be helpful if people knew how these things come about. I know I have become a lot more understanding through knowing these guys and also through having made a few attempts myself (on a much smaller scale than what has been done with the FC.) There are molds out there like the HK Holdens or the XR -XY Falcons that started with an existing model which was modified, say like what Shuey is doing with the SS ute right now. That's one level of difficulty. When guys tackle a previously unmodelled car, it takes it to another level (like Shuey's HQ utes). On top of that, these guys are grassroots modellers just like you and me, not professionally trained pattern makers as employed by model companies.

So trust me, there's nothing negative or aggressive in these comments, it's just for a bit of information for those who might be interested.

Cheers
Alan

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nota Tue 05 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info Alan, its really interesting & relevant. Like many of us we stand in awe of Shuey's work & I often wonder where the hell you would start on a prototype like this. Its good to hear about & recognise other craftsmen. So thanks again
I look at my models as 3-D drawings but with an engineering background, calipers & rules are close by. But it always seems that I end up perching the model on a box & eyeballing it to get the look right. I don't feel that little bit guilty anymore thanks!
PS I have seen this model finished & it is worth the effort.
Brian

Nota
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Thats it.......I'm buying one!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dv8v8 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

finally got something to show, its almost finished, getting down to the fiddily bits

FC Holden - Page 2 IMG_1481_zps879fb657
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfox Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:11 am

You have done a top class work on this , it looks real nice already. I feel that we should be grateful that people are taking the effort to do these models for us , or we would never have the chance to build local cars . When you look at a nicely built model you appreciate the skill involved, not that there "might be" some slight difference. I have a friend who built this model and it looks great built up.
silverfox
silverfox
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 10 Mar 2013, 8:20 am

Looking good,like thr colours on it winner A+
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by hqmon Sun 10 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

Hi guys,
Allan is right about the FC that Bruce had done. I was in WA a lot of years ago and met Allan and he intoduced me to Bruce, he was working on the FC master at the time. Seeing some of his other creations,which were unreal.
So Allan if you see this can you say hi to Bruce for me. Would like a contact addres for him if possible or does he still live at his address where i visited him?.
Cheers
Kerry

hqmon

Male Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down