AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013

3 posters

Go down

MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013 Empty MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013

Post by grease monkey253 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:33 pm

Hi guys just thought i would post this here on behalf of the mackay scale modellers club.i have been going to this show for the past couple of years and it is a great weekend as a few of us from rocky make the trip every year and we always have good time which is made easier by there being plenty of accomadation right across the street and also plenty of places to go for food and drink within short walking distance ,which is very handy for saturday night Very Happy .
even after the show is finished on sunday there is a bbq and swapmeet at the club presidents(greg martin)house which is also a great nite and and great end to a great weekend.most of the us that come have our other halfs come too and they have a great weekend also as there is plenty of places to spend our money lol, and at the sunday night bbq which all the women usally mingle on the verandah near the food ,which leaves us guys to bargin hunt and basically talk b/s in the shed.
well it would be great to see some other forum members make an apperance as the car and truck categories at the show are normally made strong by the rocky guys and the odd apperance of a couple of brissy boys(hint hint kirk).i know that in this day and age money is tight for everyone , but for the guys that come ,they are all ways glad they did and they keep coming back . hope to see you there !
cheers GM253MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013 Mackay10
grease monkey253
grease monkey253
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013 Empty Re: MACKAY MODELCOMP 2013

Post by Tubman Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:11 pm

What weekend to move it to, one of the busiest of the year, Winternationals at Willowbank, Cooly Rocks on at Coolangatta and now Mackay model comp. Think the big bro has designs on going to the Winters, so that will count us out, Crying or Very sad agh
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

I'm goin because Tubmans not!!!! Haha
When planning a model Comp. First thing is to pick a weekend with nothing else conflicting. So many other model shows to contend with and not to mention non-model related stuff.
all I have to contend with for my show is Valentines Day.
If it falls on the same weekend I just bring my show forward
one week! thats the luxury of a one day show I guess
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm