AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100

+19
HAMMOSZED
TuffXR
Monaro
Tubman
artus
Carps
tezza43
TomA
joe d
big bad kustom
Clutch
Paul
zenrat
Unforgiven
allan
Bryce
Tony
Rocket
Kynan
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100

Post by Monaro Sun 07 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

Tubman wrote:Must say up front I'm not a big fan of wildly chopped and restyled cars but....
I am I was born in the wrong era and country. I do remember some of these builds as a kid but never saw them in real life. I will have to go the the US and track down the museums that have some of them.
This truck looks wild great build cannot wait for the better pics of it. Never thought of it in black but it suits it.
Monaro
Monaro
I should be working on Models

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100

Post by TomA Sun 07 Jun 2009, 8:24 pm

That's real nice! bigthumbsup Watch your pics though Kynan, they are a bit out of focus.... and we wouldn't want to miss any of this one!
TomA
TomA

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Mon 08 Jun 2009, 5:51 pm

Went out a got a camera today so here are some decent pictures

This will be the colour that I have settled on at this stage Its a mix of Dusty Rose Peal and Stoplight Metallic Red over gloss black not the best picture but you will get the idea
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc13

The exhaust is made up of 24 different bits bent and joined has to be filled and cleaned up has photo etch flanges & Hangers. Will do straight threw next time took ages to do
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc14

Front shot showing Motor and twin carb set up st has to be detailed have only done the dip stick at this stage
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc15
Rear Shot
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc16
Chassis side on you can see how much the frame has been Z'ed
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc17
Side shot you can see the Final rims this time
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc18
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

Monaro wrote:
Tubman wrote:Must say up front I'm not a big fan of wildly chopped and restyled cars but....
I am I was born in the wrong era and country. I do remember some of these builds as a kid but never saw them in real life. I will have to go the the US and track down the museums that have some of them.
This truck looks wild great build cannot wait for the better pics of it. Never thought of it in black but it suits it.

Monaro I am the same as you born at the wrong time I will get over to the states one of these years.
Tubman; I'm probably a bit like you I quite often find that some of the more modern wild Kustoms are a bit over the top. I have used mabey two or three modern trends the rest is straight out of the 50's the golden era for me.

I should say that this is the first car that I have use all of mod's on one build I normally mild customs,build Baja off road Race truck and comp type 4X4
so that that means is I am over joyed with how this build is comming

Thanks for letting me ramble for a bit

Kynan
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:26 pm

Very nice build your doing Kynan. The body mods look fantastic so does all the extra little bits. The back section looks killer man, nice work bigthumbsup .
Clutch
Clutch
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1310
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TuffXR Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:38 pm

I love this truck it would have to be the best custom truck ever built. Oh and I think Carpy is being just a little to modest. His good friend in the states owns the Dream Truck and from memory he has even driven the dam thing lucky bugger.
TuffXR
TuffXR

Male Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TomA Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

This is oming along great. Can't wait to see it finishd.
BTW, that new camera has done the trick with the pics!
TomA
TomA

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon 08 Jun 2009, 9:17 pm

The Body is looking great Kynan!.....but in my opinion those Fujimi rims don't do the build Justice, I reckon something along the lines of Wide Whites and Chrome steelies would really make this thing pop, Just a thought Wink

Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Dream-truck-custom-car-3
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Mon 08 Jun 2009, 9:51 pm

Paul I am still not decided about the rims or the air cleaners I have been though my parts boxes and can't find any chrome reverse steelies with enough detail on the out side of the rims I also want the width most of the white walls I have left are the narrow ones I played around with painted steelies and large and baby moons but were not happy with the look.The air cleaners have to be low profile, their is only 3.5mm form the top of the carbs to the bonnet and only 15mm wide other wise they will touch would like a custom look. If any one has some to trade or sell please let me know.

Kynan
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:16 am

wow

Love that colour. I agree with Paul on the modern rims though, I reckon this one needs some white walls and chrome to do it justice.
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:23 am

The new RM 49 Mercury has a nice set of detailed chrome steelies with white walls.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Empty WOW

Post by allan Tue 09 Jun 2009, 2:01 pm

wowwee Magnifico looksgreat super greatjob A+ badtothebone
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:40 pm

Here are some shots of the interior it's almost finished just have the key ring on the steering column and some switches on the dash for the lights etc and the hand brake, Am thinking about changing the dash mounted rear vision mirror ( Its and old chrome cadillac tail light) might go with a standard type still dash mounted. I have been playing around with the rims & tires. Paul & Brice I am going with your recommendation have found some tires the right size am about to paint the white walls on them and scored some nice steelies from a mate it does look much better.
Enjoy
Kynan
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Interi10
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Interi11
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Interi12
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Interi13
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Interi14
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Wed 10 Jun 2009, 1:50 pm

I agree about the wheels. Those flame ones just don't do justice to your work on the body.
For future reference www.thepartsbox.com has a selection of wide whites and steelies.

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Wed 10 Jun 2009, 2:30 pm

Zenrat thanks for the Info I have brought a fare bit from The Parts Box over the years I just got some of them the other month so I thought that I got what I needed then I started this build.
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 10 Jun 2009, 8:57 pm

I don't mind that round mirror, it's certainly different twothumbsup
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Thu 11 Jun 2009, 10:23 am

Great work!

hotrod

Glad you are changing the wheels. This one is just too cool not to show it off to best advantage.
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Thu 11 Jun 2009, 4:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your input on this build as we don't have a club here at the moment so all the input good or bad has been taken on board and I think that this build is all the better for it.So with that said hope you like this sneak peak of the colour has come out good I think. It took a while the get the right mix and base coat It went on real smooth only Top Coat to go It's the right weather up here to paint at the moment not to humidly or stinking hot. we only live up here for the winters. doh
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Top_co10
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Top_co11

Hope you all like it

Kynan
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven Thu 11 Jun 2009, 5:43 pm

Well what color did you use? it looks like a gold base, with a candy red,
Unforgiven
Unforgiven

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Thu 11 Jun 2009, 7:46 pm

Its is a black base coat with 85% Model Master Stop light red Metallic & 15% Model Master Boyd Dusty Rose Peal. I am going to use it over a Champagne Gold Metallic base on a 37 ford that I have in the pipe line, It becomes a totally different colour.
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu 11 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

Sweet colour!! looksgreat
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMMOSZED Thu 11 Jun 2009, 9:31 pm

may the Ford be with you, those F trucks are cool, tried chopping one when i was a pup, not a task to take on lightly (mine aint a patch on this work of art) greatjob
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kynan Wed 17 Jun 2009, 3:41 pm

Thank you everyone of the great comments so far. after leaving it to harden up I just had to put it together and have a look a couple of little problems one of the doors needs another coat does not quite match yet and a little bit of dust so will fit and then clear coat it it looks a lot better with the white walls going to go a bit larger front wheels as the drop axle sits a bit close to the ground.
Hammoszed this was about my third attempt at chopping this style of cab before I got it right so have a few in the parts box that I was not happy with. I only have the chassis and the motor and a little bit inside detail to go then it's almost done. As far as the colour its a shade or two lighter than i was after but am still very happy with the colour it came out in the end.

enjoy

Rear shot with the 1:1 toy shop in the background
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Final_12

3/4 shot with the model toy shop in the back ground
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Final_11

3/4 rear with the inside showing
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Final_10
Kynan
Kynan
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Wed 17 Jun 2009, 3:58 pm

bowdown (i've been looking for an excuse to use that one!)

Love the colour, glad you went with those wheels and the relief detail thingo on the top of the tonneau is just inspiring.
bigthumbsup

Hurry up and finish it off so I can have a proper drooly

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Wed 17 Jun 2009, 6:03 pm

Kynan wrote:The exhaust is made up of 24 different bits bent and joined has to be filled and cleaned up has photo etch flanges & Hangers. Will do straight threw next time took ages to do
Dream Truck inspired 56 Ford F100 - Page 2 Underc14
This thing is looking great and truly indicative of what may have been had Spence been a Ford man. One thing on the exhausts, the last of the three Buick port holes in the 'original' Dream Truck are indeed the exhaust outlets, so the real truck has a lot less work in the exhaust system than Kynan's Wink Laughing Laughing

Not wishing to be a smart arse, but that red Chevy truck on the magazine cover was actually Spence's daily driver and not the Dream Truck.

Yes Dutch, Kurt is a very good friend whom I always make sure to visit whenever I'm in the US of A. Not only does he own the Dream Truck he also has Sam Barris's Buick, plus another four famous Barris Kustoms (The Milton Melton sectioned '55 Cadillac, The Johnny Zaro '40 Merc - sister car to the famous Matranga Merc - The Buddy Alcorn '50 Merc and a very rare Chopped and cason topped '41 Buick Roadmaster convertible), There's also three 'Valley Customs' cars and a couple of late '40s, early '50s Hot Rods in his collection. The list of other cars that have passed through Kurt's garage over the years read like a what's what and who's who of US custom cars.

Last edited by Carps on Wed 17 Jun 2009, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next