AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting Bodies

+10
checkmate
bones
boothy
dv8v8
zenrat
Bryce
doorslammerfan
tjjr07
Mustang_67
cgmorg
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Painting Bodies - Page 2 Empty Re: Painting Bodies

Post by big bad kustom Thu 08 Apr 2010, 9:52 pm

Usually I start with VHT Prime Coat (Repco) then usally for colour coats Powerplus or Holts (Repco again) or Tamiya colours; not alot as they are a bit pricey ( I'm thinking of trying Mr Hobby colours next) then I use Tamiya Clear and polish like crazy with Meguiars .
I did use a Dunlop Enamel clear(Bunnings) on my Revell Mercury, but most of time I use it for engines and chassis. Recently being trying out White Knight quick dry Enamels(BUNNINGS) with some good results. Even used it as an interior clour on my latest--'32 Ford Sedan. I guess everyone has their own method as I tried export and didn't like the long drying time.
Cheers Ron
big bad kustom
big bad kustom
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthoon Fri 09 Apr 2010, 6:30 pm

i usually when i finish my paint job i put in a 5 litre tote box and whack it in the car for a about a day and its dry by the afternoon i only had a problem with my body heat and the paint thats why i started putting em in the car as it gets to about 51 degrees inside during the day and the soarer i did thats done with testors red and a airbrush gun it came up good but after i left it to dry for like a week and a half in a hot shed i had it in my hands for like 5 mins and i left fingerprints in the paint, but the viper i did and the prowler and the s13 i left in the car the prowler i left in during the day and then bought it inside and put it under my 250 watt work light then put it back in the car the next day and they came up pretty good and there the export paint i dunno where i got 2 pac from lol my bad and they came up pretty good and i could hold em for a while without leaving indents id get like a perfect smudge mark of my fingerprint but i could wipe it away and thats before i clear coated them i try not to handle my models to much after i paint them tho cos i do sweat alot and i get bits of hair and crap over the first few i did so now i just handle them as little as possible and i wash and air dry my hands in front of the fan before i do so so i get a better finish on em Very Happy
Nighthoon
Nighthoon
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Sat 10 Apr 2010, 9:16 pm

Nighthoon wrote:i try not to handle my models to much after i paint them tho cos i do sweat alot and i get bits of hair and crap over the first few i did so now i just handle them as little as possible

Shocked

Too much information...
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2