AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Model Car Sunday Perth NNL

2 posters

Go down

Super Model Car Sunday Perth NNL Empty Super Model Car Sunday Perth NNL

Post by ausbodies Fri 23 Apr 2010, 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give plenty of forward notice that the twelfth annual Super Model Car Sunday will be happening at West Coast Street Rod Clubrooms, 12 Cusack Road Malaga, Western Australia on Sunday 11th July 2010.

Last year we had 85 entrants, just over 800 models and 1100 spectators - a BIG day by any account! We would love to see some more entrants from the East Coast and with the price of air fares at the moment maybe 2010 is the year you join us in the fun. We would be happy to organise billets or you can sleep over at the clubrooms for a supercheap weekend (and it's less than 15 minutes from the airport!)

This year's themes are
Low Act Deuces - how low can you build a 32 without it touching the ground? We will have feeler gauges to determine a winner!

Red Ones GO Faster - anything red and we will display them all on a black background for some extra impact.

Dream garages - any sort of diorama with a garage theme.

Australia - You're standing in it - Mini dioramas (vignettes) with an Aussie theme.

There will also be an Ausmodules hot rod show (our fourth year), a hot rod cruise in the car park, mini rods, gas powered R/C sprintcars,
slot car racing and a mini swap meet with good discounts from two of our biggest model shops.

Saturday is the set-up day for entrants (not open to the public) and this is more like a convention atmosphere with lots of swapping of ideas and parts plus free food and drink so you don't have to leave the fun if you get hungry. As always the Give'n'Take box will be operating and as our previous entrants know, the earlier you arrive the better choce you get of a free kit from our infamous Wall of Kits.

Participant Entry is $5.00 for adults, free for kids with any number of models and everyone gets a goodie bag.

Spectators - Adults $5.00, kids free.

Open from 9.00 a.m. Sunday til 4p.m.

For more info ring Alan on 08 9448 0110 or email ausbodies1929@hotmail.com

Hope to see you there!

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Super Model Car Sunday Perth NNL Empty Re: Super Model Car Sunday Perth NNL

Post by Carps Fri 23 Apr 2010, 11:15 pm

Still on my list of things to do.  Maybe this is the year.However, I'd prefer you don't put them 'billets' anywhere near my stuff, I much prefer painted steel and wide whites.  Wink
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbodies Sat 24 Apr 2010, 2:15 pm

I'll get a painted steel cot with wide white sheets just for you Carps!

C'mon, you know you want to be in Perth - who else is up for it? Would be a great road trip - you could build a model on the way, painting with acrylics at road house stops. Do I hear any takers?

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbodies Mon 14 Jun 2010, 2:55 pm

Hey guys, less than a month to go! Jet star had some really cheap flights on the TV over the weekend - could be a cheap trip for you Eastern Staters!

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down