AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016

3 posters

Go down

18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016 Empty 18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016

Post by ausbodies Sun 22 May 2016, 2:47 pm

Hi guys,
Just letting you know that it is definitely on again for 2016. The announcement is a little late because I had to ensure that the weekend was clear of work travel commitments (I'm starting to sound like Carps!) Here are the themes for this year.

Rockin’ down the Highway!
You can go right back to the start of the twentieth century to find a song about a merry Oldsmobile and at some time since pretty much every brand has been mentioned in the lyrics of a song OR driven by the singers and musicians themselves. And even the truck boys got covered by “Convoy!” So do a bit of Googling and find a model that inspired a song or an artist. Make up a simple sign around A5 in size with the lyrics of the song that relate to your model. A copy of the album cover scaled down to A5 or so would also help with the presentation.
A Day at the Beach!
Perth and Districts Model Club is well advanced on producing a monster six metre beach scene complete with boat ramp and a beachside carpark. We want you to populate it with boats and trailers, beach buggies, panel vans and station wagons and naturally, woodies, the original surf rods. Break out the boardies and the beach towel and be a part of the seaside fun! (Anyone up for a Mr Whippy van?)
Nunna Nunna Nunna ………
That’s right; it is the fiftieth anniversary of the TV Batmobile so Dave Loye has suggested from his Batcave that we see how many Batmobiles we can line up. Now there have been quite a few kits of the Batmobiles over the years and then there are a whole bunch of comic book Batmobiles that were never modelled in kit form – check out the Corgi toys catalogue on line if you want a few hints on how they should look. Of course, there is absolutely nothing to stop you creating your own fantasy version of a Caped Crusader Cruiser, now is there?
Dog in a Ute Muster
The WA town of Corrigin holds the world record for the number of dogs in utes so we thought we’d try a 1/25th scale take on the idea. With so few utes available in kit form (although I’m sure Tony Ashton would happily get you into a resin one!) we will open the boundaries to include pick-up trucks, El Caminos and Rancheros. For the dogs you are on your own but most hobby shops and toyshops have a range of suitable animals and as dogs come in all sizes, scale shouldn’t be an issue!
(And thank you Tony Ashton for the idea! Be sure to email me any ideas you may have for future themes)
Western Australian Trucking Companies

Here’s one for the truck guys. I can remember sitting at Garret Road Bridge in the summer time watching all the Bell Bros and Gascoyne Trading trucks driving across the bridge. I’m sure a lot of truck modellers already have models built in W.A liveries and I’m equally sure that some others always intended to build one but didn’t get around to it. Now’s your chance! Let’s fill a shelf or two with some home grown local colour schemes!

Most of these themes have been suggested by entrants at last year's show so it will be interesting to see the ones that take off.

Interstate entrants are very welcome and I am sure we can arrange accommodation and transport if you let us know you are coming!

It is open strictly to entrants only on Saturday 9th July for set-up.

The show then opens to the public from 9am til 4pm on Sunday 11th. We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers
Alan

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016 Empty Re: 18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016

Post by delaney Tue 24 May 2016, 9:48 pm

Where else would you wanna be?, bring it on, gonna be HUGE
Lee
delaney
delaney
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-18

Back to top Go down

18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016 Empty Re: 18th Annual Super Model Car Sunday Perth July 10th 2016

Post by Morrie Sun 29 May 2016, 6:29 pm

Any pictures from last year event?
Morrie
Morrie

Male Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by delaney Thu 16 Jun 2016, 1:56 am

See our facebook page Perth & districts model club.
delaney
delaney

Male Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down