AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe!

+18
Captain BF
Andrew J
mgy125
truges
Kane
slowlylearning
mopar68
kevjoh
Paul
Clutch
Carps
Kynan
zenrat
michael
tezza43
allan
cdansie
Bryce
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 Empty Re: Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe!

Post by zenrat Thu 07 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

I now have a mental image of Carps clambering through the roof trusses of his garage clutching a camera...

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 Empty Re: Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe!

Post by Carps Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

That aint gunna happen Zen. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bryce wrote:I disagree Carps. The AMT front is very wrong (grill sits in line with front of fenders) and the Revell snapper is pretty close to accurate (grill inset).
Yes the AMT kit places the grille forward (too long bonnet) and the snap kit places it too far back (the fender spacer is nowhere near as big as it is on the snapper), likewise the headlamps are on the door side of the fender crown and they should be on the front side, the shape of the snap kit fenders is closer to reality than the AMT units whern viewed from above. Whenever I've built the AMT kit I usually trim the front edge of the hood so that the grill fits the fenders more neatly. Either way, the ZZTop kit is closest to correct although the chassis is wrong. The earlier Monogram kit is good but for some strange reason the grille is too short.

Maybe the model makes took a leaf from the real cars and made them all different. Laughing Laughing Laughing

My understanding from reading AMT history, is that the model makers often changed things because when scaled down, they looked different or out of proportion to the naked eye. I unsderstand that's how all the AMT Deuces got that silly section job.

At the end of the day, we can count rivets forever, but what's important is that the finished model look right to the nekkid eye and your model Bryce, does that in spades.
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

Carps wrote:My understanding from reading AMT history, is that the model makers often changed things because when scaled down, they looked different or out of proportion to the naked eye. I unsderstand that's how all the AMT Deuces got that silly section job.

You're quite correct there Carps. Because of the limits of plastic material thickness the model would look out of proportion when scaled down, so the artisans/pattern makers have to modify the pattern mould here and there to allow for a more natural and acceptable visual appearance. Most times they get it right, but occasionally it falls short of the mark. It's the difference between a good artist and a second-rate artist I guess, and the quality of their reference material. E.g. Tamiya get it right every time because of their advanced electronic pattern making technology, which they practically invented; but AMT are simply recycling old moulds so the errors will probably never be fixed.

aus

Prof Tezza
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by Shunter Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

Nice work Bryce, i do like the detail painting on the engine.
Shunter
Shunter
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://motorsportmodeller.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

Almost finished my other 34 5W coupe. Engine, chassis and interior is done. Just need to glue everything together which will hopefully happen this week some time. Here’s some pics of the Y-block and the tuck ‘n’roll sitting on the finished chassis:

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7605

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7606

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7608

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7609

Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue 26 Jul 2011, 9:26 pm

bowdown
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ADAMTEP Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:36 pm

Gorgeous work Bryce, you are the hot rod king my friend
Adam
ADAMTEP
ADAMTEP
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

Long time between updates but I finally got some paint on my Jake’s coupe tribute – should be finished in a few weeks I hope…

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7805

And here’s what became of the grill-less ’37 pickup. It's getting a hotted up stovebolt to go with the ’51 Chev rear end. It's channelled over the stock shortened frame and runs a shortened bed at the back. Took a couple of goes to get the right length but happy with it now. Still sitting a bit high though, so I think I will have to cut the floor out and re-attach at a higher point…

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7824

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7827

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7825

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 IMG_7829
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Thu 10 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

Welcome back Bryce. Hope it was nothing serious kept you away.

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

Thanks Fred. Nothing serious. Just life and stuff. Been playing around with real cars and was a bit bored with the models...
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

Nice work as always, the yeller coupe is lookin' the ducks guts.

Dontcha hate it when life gets in the way of fun?
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Mon 16 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Wed 01 Feb 2012, 11:35 am

Really? What is it? I tried to see but you need to be registered. Tried to do that on Monday but still waiting... Rolling Eyes
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Three 34s and a blown deuce coupe! - Page 4 Empty Thanks Carps

Post by Ybsluos1 Mon 13 Apr 2020, 11:56 am

Carps, thank you for the detailed description as to how the magneto works. Good stuff man. I know I'm a decade late to this party but I was just scrolling through the old post and found this.
Ybsluos1
Ybsluos1
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2020-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4