AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAPMA Expo 2011?

3 posters

Go down

SAPMA Expo 2011? Empty SAPMA Expo 2011?

Post by modelmaker Sun 15 May 2011, 2:51 pm

Gday all could anyone who normally attends this show please tell me if it is being held this year? I haven't seen any updated info on the SAPMA website.
Looking at entering this year after a very long break from competition modeling.

Sean

modelmaker
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-03-28

http://public.fotki.com/modelmaker/

Back to top Go down

SAPMA Expo 2011? Empty Re: SAPMA Expo 2011?

Post by tezza43 Sun 15 May 2011, 10:08 pm

Sean the SAPMA guys are coming to Model Expo (Queen's Birthday Weekend in June) with a display and model entries. If you can make it there you will be able to ask them first hand. Alternatively they have flyers there so I can pick one up and let you know what is happening.

Don't they respond to emails on their website?

aus
Tezza
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by modelmaker Mon 16 May 2011, 5:20 am

Hey Terry thanks for the response unfortunately I won't be able to make it the Vic Expo this year AGAIN!! Crying or Very sad
I have emailed the SAPMA guys directly from their site and had no response , first time was several weeks ago? Anyway I picked up the latest issue of Model Art and noticed in the calender of events it's not listed in there either. Any info would be much appreciated!

Sean

modelmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Tue 17 May 2011, 1:55 pm

I've just received word from Frank Morgan that SAPMA's Model Expo will be held on the weekend of 29/30 October this year at the same venue.

This is the website I have for SAPMA, but it is woefully behind with latest information, etc.

http://www.saplasticmodellers.com.au/

You can download a 2011 SAPMA Model Expo PDF flyer there with all the relevant info.

I'll keep you informed as I learn more Sean.

aus
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by modelmaker Tue 17 May 2011, 9:38 pm

Cheers Terry I rang Frank yesterday who confirmed it would still be on but wasn't positive of the exact dates , you've just answered this for me now Thank you! and thank you for putting up a link to SAPMA's new website I've been searching for it for some time now!

Sean

modelmaker

Back to top Go down

SAPMA Expo 2011? Empty RE: 2011 SAPMA EXPO

Post by Lawrence Tue 16 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

Sean
To answer your query regarding the 2011 SAPMA Expo I can assure you and any body else who maybe interested of course in attending our show.
Yes the Expo is defiantly being held again this year and hopefully for many more to come.
The Expo is being held on the weekend of the 29-30 October 2011 you can NOW!! find details on our new website http://www.saplasticmodellers.com.au/index.shtml .

This brings me to another point as Deputy President on behalf of SAPMA,
I would like pass our apologies for anybody’s email inquires not being replied too in a timely manor or not replied to at all.
We are confident this situation has now been addressed and should not happen again in the future now that our new website has come on line.
This year we have quite a few new people who have joined our committee (including myself) with hopefully with some new and fresh Ideas for SAPMA and Expos to come.
We are continuing to look at any Ideas / changes we need to make in the future to best accommodate all the various forms of modelling Auto / ships / aircraft / trucks just to name a few.
We really look forward to seeing any passed and hopefully some new visitors,exhibiters to the 2011 Expo.
It would great to see more Cars / Trucks and Motor bikes on show at the Expo and don’t forget if entering the competition is not your thing, then please feel free to bring you models along and simply display you pride and joys to the public and other modellers the more the better.
Hope to see you there in October

Regards
Lawrence

Lawrence
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down