AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!!

4 posters

Go down

THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! Empty THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!!

Post by clea Thu 05 May 2016, 6:33 pm

Must be just age and impatience....these thing have been hanging around for......?? (don't care to think about it.)
So they started life as two pieces of 60mm PVC pipe and some bits of plastic, I don't wish to harp on this.....But these things have travelled 000's of kilometers.
Any way...Start.
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! IMG_0610_zpsqfp3cl9h" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! IMG_0611_zps6rmvwnwt" />
YEARS...in the making, shitloads of fun.....About $7:00 for both at this stage.....To this..
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! IMG_0651_zpsp39tzgje" />
To This;...missing a couple of steps....but WTF !
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-04-29%2017.33.45_zpsewzy4t7p" />
So we had sorted out Corell draw, and supremely confident in my ability to manipulate, and produce scale decals.
Awwwh...Shit, some incidentals; pumps....Fire extinguishers...yada yada...
From this.
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-02%2013.42.31_zps9q68q79x" />
To....
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-02%2014.19.44_zpss0nauzf3" />
Form...
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-03%2011.27.40_zpsjptf8gbx" />
To...
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-03%2011.29.19_zpsqt6rjwkg" />
Long story short....
I was happy enough to go with one (1) of the cab overs...doesn't matter, they are all the one fleet.
Any way...this is it (them)...I'm sick of them, probably should be better but.....? Here you go warts and all.
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.04.39_zpsghjilt27" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2014.52.00_zpsifbeywn2" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-03%2017.19.08_zpszlngwt9m" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.05.18_zpsiosljexg" />
PM 15 this time around.
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.05.41_zpsxjdmi05m" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.06.08_zpsnsfr70q8" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.06.44_zpswowryrfk" />
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2015.17.13_zpskvxpmihx" />
Probably not dirty enough yet....
I kept thinking about the comment I made in the last post on this about...Ballarat, then I remembered......I don't do (never have done shows..!!.)
I build for myself, what I want; how I wan't.
So this will go in the cupboard, some one will work out what to do with it.

Now; I'm thinking, once the stuff goes to Adelaide......as a sabbatical...I'm going to finish some of my ......CARS.! He said shaking.
Anyway, thanks for your support, I've appreciated it.

A Aside:
Sitting thinking; how many permutations of things do you need, I normally build for 'road Train' combinations. so it's a by 2, situation. Thinking today; with the amount of permutations possible, from a pool of two variable of different genres, say six, general, tankers, vans...whatever, say four prime movers.....just that combination alllows for 4 X 10 to the 6 possible different combinations of pieces...(yeah, I'm waffling).
My point is HOW MANY ITEMS DO YOU NEED ?
THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! <a href=THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! 2016-05-05%2016.10.02_zpsljpbd1nw" />
Could be 3 vans, 2 vans and a general, kenworth with a tank and a van or a mack with 3 vans...etc, etc.
At the moment my permutaions stand at..40 x 3 x 3, basically 40 x 10 to the power of 9......Tattlotto odds......Why do I do it..?
BECAUSE......I LOVE THIS SHIT..!!!

Cheers
Clea.
(Colin...the chev is on it's way.)
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! Empty Re: THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!!

Post by Antwon Thu 05 May 2016, 8:27 pm

Great stuff Clea...........these things look spot on, your attention to detail makes it. Should go on display somewhere though, not into a box.

bigthumbsup bigthumbsup
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!! Empty Re: THE BLOODY sCRATCHBILT CHEMICAL TANKERS....!!!!

Post by DeeCee Thu 05 May 2016, 9:22 pm

I have to agree with Antwon, this is scratch building at its best mate, and should be shown off behind glass somewhere..
DeeCee
DeeCee
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3772
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cols56 Fri 06 May 2016, 9:05 pm

It looks great love the detail stuff and ideas great stuff !!!! Cheers

Cols56

Male Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down