AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress.

+3
70cudatj
dv8v8
clea
7 posters

Go down

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. Empty B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress.

Post by clea Sat 07 May 2016, 7:45 pm

You may have seen these, in photos of shit sitting on the bench. Over the years, I ended up with, about four old MPC milk tankers as "bombers", most just as their grey plastic. tried one as a rigid tank, didn't like it; anyway cleaned them up over a period of time trying to think of what to do with them, I liked the proportions, but that was about it.
the tank bodies are MPC, the A gaurds are off a couple of Ertl dm 800 mixers, thats it all the rest, including suspension...scratch built.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. DSCF5001_zps7wztjhao" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. DSCF5008_zps1cvb5d3p" />
Once you take the overlapping side seam off these things....you don't have a lot of plastic to work with, so a lot of bog on the insides.
Made suspensions.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-06%2007.28.20_zpsjoashzay" />
did the plumbing
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-07%2008.32.33_zpspspusayw" />
As I've said previously, I normally build for multiple combinations, in this lot...2 A's, 3 Trailers...basically gives me about 6 combinations.
They were "Aluminium" uo til yesterday, didn't like a few things, so I changed them.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-06%2007.26.13_zpsey6suhat" />
Placards were wrong, They didn't have vapour recovery pipes....
So, the sun came out today, made four ladders, did the vapour system, finished the plumbing, washed, undercoated, washed and painted white......dunno, I have  Shell in the back of my mind, or K&S fuel tankers ???
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-07%2017.09.06_zps2jfpakc3" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-07%2017.09.40_zps9a3zunic" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-07%2017.10.09_zpsk9dfk7hp" />
So that's where they're at tonight, should be able to paint the chassis tomorrow...and hopefully have both sets done.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-07%2017.09.06_zps2jfpakc3" />

See how I go.

Cheers

Clea.
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. Empty Re: B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress.

Post by dv8v8 Sat 07 May 2016, 8:26 pm

looking great so far bigthumbsup
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. Empty Re: B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress.

Post by 70cudatj Sat 07 May 2016, 8:51 pm

I think you've hit top gear again mate, more nice scratch building
Wish I had the time to sit down all day and do stuff like this twothumbsup
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Ol'55 Sat 07 May 2016, 9:47 pm

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. Wow__f26
Mate... not a member of the truck building fraternity... but what I've seen so far from your build ... I'm impressed!, Damn am I impressed!. Great work!. twothumbsup
Jerry Ol'55
Jerry Ol'55
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Sun 08 May 2016, 2:49 pm

Raining today in Portland......(Really ? What a F'ng suprise..!!)
So fitted ringfeders, lights, some other bits and pieces: Tried a couple of Logos, was going with Shell, or K & S Fuel,
In the end I have decided to go with Caltex for the tankers...mocked up, look ok.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-08%2014.28.59_zpsg7sqxebc" />
So nothing else I can do...Off to print and apply decals, and make more fire extinguishers.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-08%2014.26.54_zpsc3tg7dr4" />

Later.
Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Sun 08 May 2016, 4:54 pm

Lookin' bloody good mate!
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Sun 08 May 2016, 7:58 pm

bigthumbsup bigthumbsup
Looks great Clea....................scratch built excellence.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cols56 Sun 08 May 2016, 8:54 pm

You got it happening now Clea they look great, l have started a B Double tanker out fit myself trying some of your scratch building techniques, Cheers .

Cols56

Male Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Wed 11 May 2016, 6:22 pm

Sometimes, this REALLY gives me the shits..!
Went and got the colour mixed for the back section of the tanks, masked up....no drama, cut out for the roundels, no drama.
And painted them....Five (5) tanks.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2007.45.08_zps7xsubdkt" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2007.53.51_zps8tusmy2p" />
Placed the livery on the sides
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.44.19_zpswbrmo4xc" />
Then run clear coat over them..........two;....... two out of the five tanks, for some reason the clear coat seemed to fade the teal on the back, noticeably.
Anyway, Shit happens.
So i'll sand the offenders back and do them again.
Anyhow, this is there update,
ONLY got fifteen fire extinguishers to go, and some plumbing....OH, and a prime mover for them, Might finish the 100E ?
Started to lay them out and I was thinking why would you do five caltex tanks,  (because you can...I Don't know......?)..and what I was saying about combinations......
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.40.52_zpsc9ntpkjq" />
B Double.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.54.26_zpsds0eeo09" />
B triple
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.48.40_zpsthaov1ga" />
R Train
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.51.51_zpsqool27wh" />
More of the same..?

Where does it stop...?
Just have to build longer beches I s'pose.

See what happens tomorrow ?
Cheers.
Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Wed 11 May 2016, 11:36 pm

Looks like you might need to extend the shed! ..... Shocked
But it's looking good though twothumbsup
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonidas Thu 12 May 2016, 4:50 am

Trailers look fantastic, love the plumbing detail and the Caltex decals look perfect!

Leonidas
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. Empty The Wicked Witch from the house, got involved.

Post by clea Fri 13 May 2016, 12:58 pm

Thursday.
Sanded back the recalcitrant tanks, because of the fade. Coincidental with this the Wicked Witch of the house somehow managed to get past ALL the barriers; and made her way into the inner sanctum, and beggared the question..."Why would you have five of the same?"....to which I replied..
"Why don't you take a flying f..k at the moon ?" But she was right.
SO.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-11%2016.54.26_zpsds0eeo09" />
These will stay as Caltex.
And; why wouldn't you...?
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2011.25.50_zpss1fo6err" />
Now I have a LInfox B double set on the bench..
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2012.15.33_zpso2xbfz5x" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2012.24.35_zpscrf0kgyk" />
Ended up purchasing a gas heater for the "shed" just to keep up with the painting.
Now I'm back to square 1, two prime movers to finish, and the tanks.
The hardest part is trying to print..."supply chain solutions"...white on clear decal paper......JUST DISAPPEARS...! might have to cut a stencil and paint I think.
Tomorrows another day.
Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Fri 13 May 2016, 4:41 pm

As at 4:24pm...fri 13th.
"Linfox !" took my attention since last post.
2 days from sanding down the Caltex tanks to here....I LOVE THIS SHIT !!
Apart from 4,826...(or there about fire extinguishers to make)...and one mudflap.
This is it after 6 stubbies since last post.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2016.15.15_zps5lztq2lk" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2016.11.01_zpshw8bc832" />
OH and a few smokes.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2016.10.43_zps0aa302ry" />
A few more stubbies, I might go back to working out the supply chain solutions.
Hmmmm...Not to bad for a day's endevour for a old drunk...?
Oh!!... and finish this.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-13%2012.17.32_zpsqad48ltz" />
Looking for comment on what colour the A trailer guards on Linfox ! should be....red...rubber..?
F..K it I'll do the prime mover.
Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Fri 13 May 2016, 5:20 pm

Can't help you with the guard colour question but I'll tell ya these are looking sweet, it's really an impressive size set up mate!
Better get another shed to put 'em in?
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Fri 13 May 2016, 5:33 pm

Geez TJ, I was looking for some help here....I s'pose you're concentrating on AJ's bash....another chance to get blotto..?

If I extend, or get another shed....It just leaves more opportunities for the Wicked Witch of the house to get in unnoticed.
What's happening with ..."Air Force 1"
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonidas Fri 13 May 2016, 10:18 pm

I'd go with red, keep it all looking the same. Going through some Google images of Linfox B-Doubles, I don't think red would look out of place.

Leonidas
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Fri 13 May 2016, 10:39 pm

clea wrote:Geez TJ, I was looking for some help here....I s'pose you're concentrating on AJ's bash....another chance to get blotto..?

If I extend, or get another shed....It just leaves more opportunities for the Wicked Witch of the house to get in unnoticed.
What's happening with ..."Air Force 1"

Just doing the tricky bits to fill the bloody great hole I cut to fit that donk in ...
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Sun 15 May 2016, 1:34 pm

The guards on the Linfox trailers look like rubber on the As and red painted metal rears.
These look spot on Clea, great work again.

Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by clea Sun 15 May 2016, 7:36 pm

I'm thinking I might separate these into two different threads; Linfox B double, and the Caltex set. Linfox seems to have taken precedence over Caltex: for no particular reason.
Bit of progress today.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-15%2015.59.27_zps8u5bom1s" />
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-15%2016.03.36_zpsx1ozmgtg" />
Bit of work on the cab.
B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. <a href=B double Tankers.....Semi Scratchbilt.....H'mm, in progress. 2016-05-15%2016.24.21_zpshcklrgxu" />
Just got the details to do, fix the logos on the cab, stencil the "suppply chain solutions" ancillary hardware, bit of plumbing, bit of tiding up.
Hopefully Fox 1 should be done and dusted tomorrow.

Very surprised to see you up and about so early Anthony ?

cheers

Clea.
clea
clea

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Sun 15 May 2016, 8:14 pm

Don't worry mate, he's got a sore head .... it was a good night twothumbsup

I like the work on the cab, the striping is real neat.
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Sun 15 May 2016, 9:31 pm

Tanks are looking great Clea,...............and don't worry I survived the night and have recovered sufficiently.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down