AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers;

4 posters

Go down

Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; Empty Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers;

Post by clea Mon 02 May 2016, 6:29 pm

Everyone has done this...I s'pose, you put some thing together, looks the goods and you are happy with it ....AT THAT POINT.
When i built the tanks, and they sat for years, ....probably would have stayed incomplete for more years; prior to joining the forum ranks; and posting.
I was quite happy with the decals etc...but I kept looking at the discharge points: for these I had (basically) ruined two Beall tankers, just for the connect lines and landing gear
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2016.52.42_zpscdie0xu4" />.
Sitting on the weekend, kept looking and thinking,...they are not what I had at Knights, Scotts, chemtrans or Cootes....they're not right, on the wrong side...AND I couldn't say the tanks were scratch bilt. So off they came.
Two weeks before Ballarat.
To do piping "I" think you need a cople of things.
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2010.05.13_zpsm24rdrtg"
Stubbies, smokes, some plastic and your collection of knitting needles....(F'ng bonza...any diameter you can think of...Opp Shop 20Cents ea.)
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2010.02.49_zpsl98lnein" />
So...make some valves, make the flanges...doing Bulk; most of the time at remote sites....you need a pump...so..
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2013.42.31_zps9q68q79x" />
A turbo of a Cummins...and bits.......VOILA..!
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2014.19.44_zpss0nauzf3" />
So we have a pump.....Shorten this Saga of a update.....need petrol for the pump, bend and assemble the needles, stuck a toolbox on, do the manifold for discharge...Put it back together.
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2017.01.05_zpssrh2faat" />
Bit of dirt......NOW it 'sort of' looks like it should.....and apart from the landing legs...Oh, and the tyre carrier....Scratch Bilt.........Damn, now I have to do landing legs, and Tyre carriers.
/>Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; <a href=Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2016.38.40_zpsinv1itxw" />
Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; 2016-05-02%2016.35.52_zpsbtpqmwop
Might go with one the cab overs...benefit of having your own fleet colours......mix & match.
Tank two modified tomorrow........do the finese on both......then see if I can get the A's done.

Cheers.
Tim, Tony...don't sweat it...my pleasure.
clea
clea
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-27

Back to top Go down

Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers; Empty Re: Scratch Bilt Chem Tankers;

Post by Cols56 Mon 02 May 2016, 8:38 pm

Looking pretty good there Clea keep at it Cheer's mate.

Cols56

Male Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Mon 02 May 2016, 8:57 pm

I enjoy watching your work................great idea with the knitting needles, yet another neat tip.

bigthumbsup
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 70cudatj Thu 05 May 2016, 6:47 pm

Cheers mate.
More cool scratch built stuff, no mucking around, bloody great result bigthumbsup
This sort of stuff is what sets some models apart from the rest ... no other out there like it!
70cudatj
70cudatj
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down