AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1967 Mustang GT

+3
tjjr07
stevegt738
Bryce
7 posters

Go down

1967 Mustang GT Empty 1967 Mustang GT

Post by Bryce Sun 22 Jun 2008, 10:59 am

Here's another older Pony. Cleaning all these up for club display at Expo next weekend, so thought I'd take some photos. This is the AMT kit built out of box with some detailing. This kit was one of those rare and blessed builds that literally just "fell together". Apart from the front track, which is pretty awful out of the box, I had no dramas at all and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone as a first build.

1967 Mustang GT Img_0845
1967 Mustang GT Img_0846
1967 Mustang GT Img_0847
1967 Mustang GT Img_0848
1967 Mustang GT Img_0849
1967 Mustang GT Img_0850
1967 Mustang GT Img_0851
1967 Mustang GT Img_0852
1967 Mustang GT Img_0853
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

1967 Mustang GT Empty Re: 1967 Mustang GT

Post by stevegt738 Sun 22 Jun 2008, 11:35 am

Cool Looks fantastic, the details are great. Makes mine look very boring Very Happy.
stevegt738
stevegt738
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1023
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tjjr07 Sun 22 Jun 2008, 11:43 am

i love 67 stangs, but have been avoiding buying the amt kit because of obvious reasons. but this looks like 1 of the few that ARE worth getting, thanks _ im going kit hunting lol!!!
tjjr07
tjjr07
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by Shunter Sun 22 Jun 2008, 11:53 am

Very nice, i would dearly love to own a 1.1 version.
Shunter
Shunter
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2008-05-24

http://motorsportmodeller.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun 22 Jun 2008, 6:05 pm

Hey Bryce, again another fantasticly realistic engine and bay. Is it just the photo or have youo deliberately tried to "dirty" the engine a bit. I noticed it on that other engine I commented on and now this one. Areas such as the washer bottle with the FoMoCo label. It looks a bit dirty and that adds to the realism. Also in the fins on the rocker covers. Great work.
Pete
Pete
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Sun 22 Jun 2008, 7:15 pm

Pete wrote:Hey Bryce, again another fantasticly realistic engine and bay. Is it just the photo or have youo deliberately tried to "dirty" the engine a bit. I noticed it on that other engine I commented on and now this one. Areas such as the washer bottle with the FoMoCo label. It looks a bit dirty and that adds to the realism. Also in the fins on the rocker covers. Great work.

Thanks Pete. I usually try to give things a 'wash' of some kind to increase depth and realism. I use a lot of Tamiya 'Smoke'. It's a clear gray that does wonders to chrome and silver and is also good for providing a bit of shine. I think the washer bottle was just a fluke though - can't remember doing anything specific on that one! Very Happy
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Mon 23 Jun 2008, 8:00 am

I agree this is the easiest Mustang kit to build. Your model is tops Bryce, and the engine bay is very realistic.
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Mon 23 Jun 2008, 9:52 am

tezza43 wrote:I agree this is the easiest Mustang kit to build. Your model is tops Bryce, and the engine bay is very realistic.

Have you built this one Terry? Would love to see some photos. Or better still, bring it along to Expo on the weekend for the club display! Very Happy
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Mon 23 Jun 2008, 4:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
tezza43 wrote:I agree this is the easiest Mustang kit to build. Your model is tops Bryce, and the engine bay is very realistic.

Have you built this one Terry? Would love to see some photos. Or better still, bring it along to Expo on the weekend for the club display! Very Happy

Bryce, most of the older models featured on this forum I have built at one time or another - they have been around a long time. Most of those I built as sample models for various kit importers and distributors for shows like Model Expo or for promo-sales purposes, so I never got to keep them (that Mustang was one of them). I was paid off in kits, paints, glue, etc. That particular Mustang I recall went together like a Tamiya kit would - very cleanly and without much fuss, which is a blessing sometimes, but I found most AMT's are good models to build (except for excessive flash and warping on a very few of their kits).

There was a small group of modellers in Melbourne who were lucky enough to be asked to build sample models, starting from the late seventies. Bill Hamer, Larry D'Argaville, Rob Ferguson, Frank Morgan, Peter Malone, Colin Breene, myself and a handful of others, mostly from IPMS Australia. This is how our kit collections grew to such vast proportions.

I might add we had to build the models "Out of Box" with no additional parts or extras, and using any kit supplied decals. Colour schemes were generally left to our own devices. Some of my personal built-ups (and some diecasts) are on display at Charlie's Auto Museum at Arthur's Seat near Dromana (Vic). Some other models of mine have been accidentally broken or given away to cousins and others who needed them more than I did. Over the past few years I have steadily culled my collection down to a more sensible level through Swap Meets like the one at Model Expo.
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318

Back to top Go down

1967 Mustang GT Empty pony car

Post by allan Mon 23 Jun 2008, 7:24 pm

thats a super cool pony car,like the colour,what is it.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10404
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Tue 24 Jun 2008, 11:16 am

allan wrote:thats a super cool pony car,like the colour,what is it.

Thanks Allan - it's a spray can from the Powerplus range called Hermitage Red.
Bryce
Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down