AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art

+9
zenrat
Bigdaddy0
Carps
silverfox
frank
allan
scummy
dv8v8
mgy125
13 posters

Go down

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art Empty AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art

Post by mgy125 Sat 01 Mar 2014, 1:50 pm

Well, I am getting ready for the NNL in Tumut this April and have finished a couple of models.  One is the rebuild of an old built kit from my stash and the other is built as Box Art from the reissue Double "T" kit from AMT.  Enjoy. 

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010216

Here they are side by side.

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010217

Below is the Barnfind T.  I bought this kit years (and I do mean 'years') ago. As I was trawling through my stash I found my box of "T" models and in one sandwich bags with this car.  Most of the bits were fallen or broken off, but body, chassis and motor were still together.  It was so gloriously dirty (I wonder how the original builder displayed it and where he displayed) that I decided to just try to piece it back together as a Barnfind model.  Please note that the rust on front steel axle is real rust and that the dirt and grime has not been enhanced in any way.  It was a challenge to put it together. Just try and assemble a dirty model without disturbing the dirt and dust. 

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010210
AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010211
AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010212

This is from the reissued kit.  I decided to the copy the box art as closely as possible.  Again a fun challenge.  I am happy with the way it turned out for a fun build.

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010213
AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010214
AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art P1010215

If I was critiquing the reissued kit I would say that you can see the age of the molds being used. Parts on the new kit were in some places much cruder than the original kit and the chrome was heavier.  The instruction was still as delightfully vague as ever and left you guessing just how something was suppose to fit and where.  But as I said both fun builds...or rebuilds in the first case.  I am coming to Tumut this year. Motel is booked. So come along and you can see them in person. 

I have a couple of other projects going that I hope to get table-ready for Tumut, but we will see.
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art Empty Re: AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art

Post by dv8v8 Sat 01 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

bigthumbsup
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5683
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art Empty Re: AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art

Post by scummy Sat 01 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm

Good one buddie , i see they minion got his face in there , he even moved the black thing to see whats going on . Lookin forward to see you at tumut .
scummy
scummy
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://markharmer@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Sat 01 Mar 2014, 3:10 pm

scummy wrote:Good one buddie , i see they minion got his face in there , he even moved the black thing to see whats going on . Lookin forward to see you at tumut .
He is very helpful with the detail work since he is shouldering that shrink ray!
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:16 pm

Very cool pair of T coupes.
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10404
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sun 02 Mar 2014, 9:26 am

Nice duo of Ts, they look like as found barn find and rebuilt.

frank
I should be working on Models
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfox Sun 02 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

The gold T looks great , I like the way you left the old kit the way it was , nice work .
silverfox
silverfox
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Carps Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

They both look great, wish I could get some modeling done, but so much happening down here with work and the 1/1 cars, it may be a while before I have anything to show.

So keep up the good work, I need the motivation.  bigthumbsup 
Carps
Carps
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 3168
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigdaddy0 Sun 02 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

love these kits they are so much fun to build. you have built two awesome models. nice  Smile Smile Smile 
Bigdaddy0
Bigdaddy0
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm

Nice builds Tom.
But tell me more about that '63 Nova wagon...

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm

zenrat wrote:Nice builds Tom.
But tell me more about that '63 Nova wagon...

First I want to say thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement. 

As to the 63 Nova...The box contains an original AMT kit...partially built...but pretty much stock.  It is on the 'to be rescued' list.  The body on top of the box is a lovely bit of 60s custom work of some unknown builder.  When I found the model it was all done out in ambulance livery with light and sirens from the AMT Chevy II kit.  I am in the process of cleaning the kit up and am rebuilding it as a pure custom using the box art that is visible in the photo as my guide...so another AMT box art model.  I hope to have it ready for the NNL at Tumut all being well.
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:17 pm

Cool.
I can't wait.

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by blatdriver Mon 03 Mar 2014, 12:13 pm

Cool stuff Tom,  bigthumbsup I'll see you at Tumut, I'm hoping to have my F1 car done by then
blatdriver
blatdriver
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1550
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

AMT Chopped Model T coupes...Barnyard and Box Art Empty AMT Chopped Model T's

Post by Jerry Ol'55 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:36 pm

Oh how I love nostalgia!..Oldies but Goodies. Nice to see your work Tom.
Looking forward to seeing more of your builds.
It's great to share info, ideas and photos.
 jerryjerry
Jerry Ol'55
Jerry Ol'55
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2014-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade043 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 7:02 am

Very cool! must get me one of those kits
Jade043
Jade043
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Antwon Thu 19 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm

Great job on the box art version. I've built five cars from these "two car" kits but I haven't built one in the box art gold and that's what first attracted me to them!
I love the true barn find version as well. Keep 'em coming.
Antwon
Antwon
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.  Was a fun build. Am working on a AMT 32 combo now of Barnfind and Box Art...just hunting down decals.
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down