AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard to find models

3 posters

Go down

Hard to find models Empty Hard to find models

Post by Dad's truck Fri 30 May 2014, 9:18 pm

Hey modellers,

I have joined this site to see if anyone could help me. I am after a model of a White Road Commander to build up for my dad's 70th next year. My dad had a 1980 model, boggie drive, with a Silver 8V-92 T which we put in to replace the old green 92. We have a lot of memories travelling up and down the Hume HWY Melb tp Newcastle every school holidays. If anyone could help me out with any information as to where I can find a model of this particular truck I would greatly appreciate it.

I also have a Peterbuilt which I haven't finished building from quite a few years ago.
Dad's truck
Dad's truck
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Hard to find models Empty Re: Hard to find models

Post by bennyg Sat 31 May 2014, 9:58 am

Hi mate. Welcome to the site. You'll have to watch eBay for the white road commanders. Conversion kits were made by Aussie resin models did one in 1/25 and kfs did one in 1/24. They will be hard to come across. Sounds like a cool project. The base kit for the 1/25 version is a Chevy Titan/gmc astro 95. Any generic italeri us truck will work for the 1-24 project. A range of engines, wheels and suspensions can be found at auslowe and melbourne model truck supplies.

You should finish your peterbilt as a practice before you tackle a project like the road commander. Trust me. These sort of projects test people. Cheers

Ben

bennyg
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyg Sat 31 May 2014, 10:01 am

Pm Flintstone on this site regarding the white road commander. I believe he owns aussie resin models. Cheers.

Ben

bennyg

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaf as Sat 31 May 2014, 5:01 pm

I think there were two series of the Road Commander so you'll need to check which one has been cast. I think KFS did the latter one. I'd also be keen on one especially the first version. I agree with Ben, get your hand back in on the Pete first. Good luck and don't forget to post some pics.
Deaf as
Deaf as
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2013-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dad's truck Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:46 pm

Thanks guys for your replies, I will definitely look out for PM Flintstone on here to see if he can help out.

I can't wait to get into these models and post images of progress.
Dad's truck
Dad's truck
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down