AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- **

+108
Deaf as
nosaj76
Antwon
Jerry Ol'55
Torry
blatdriver
window
MM
wizz83
frank
codea
VintageJDM
BluBlood
Johno
Dino84
Jade043
ozibimmer
frozono
Brootal
luchoteam
Michaelw
Iansmodels
Murphy51
ozmodeler
silverfox
Yugster
70cudatj
bandidomotorsport
Stuntman Mike
bluedog
cdansie
spector
Siggs
otherunicorn
The Bronze
Mustang_67
Yahshu
RetrospectKustoms
Nota
dufasdave
Tubman
hqmon
Carps
Bigdaddy0
Shunter
baZOOKa
Deadly
SPIKE426
ToranaDan
ausbuilder
DeeCee
RS2000
fanof124
Bantoft
stevegt738
Adam Clark
stump
michael
ratsmann
southy
zenrat
corrupted
Captain BF
ADAMTEP
aussie muscle
xm-221
PTEAZA
modelmaker
Geoff
gxcoupe
doorslammerfan
ProBee
HDT143
mopar68
HAMMOSZED
Tillerman
mgy125
Kane
dv8v8
Clutch
spiritman
checkmate
Alfaholic
The Goose
Bear
harley fan
Andrew J
con$truktive
AJ
truges
micsmav
allan
Chris
grey six
fat141
stoongee
bennyg
miwi
Bryce
ChevyFan
tezza43
sports850
slowlylearning
ourcircus
Shoey
Marshie
Paul
ShawnS
112 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 Empty Re: XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- **

Post by slowlylearning Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

onwards! this is looking really sweet!

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 Empty Re: XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- **

Post by ShawnS Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

Don't worry about my sanity guys it's always been MIA. I'm still having fun and thinking about new ideas for this long term job and I am glad that it's keeping y'all interested. Not much accomplished this weekend but it's still full steam ahead. I managed to install some mounting areas for the bonnet and boot.
Front.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4170592
Rear.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4170593
I also cut out some windows and spacers for them. The spacers will increase the thickness of the C pillar and increase the area between the body and the windows allowing me a place to put some trims.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4170586
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4170587
Hopefully I'll have the windows and frames in place some time this week.

A couple of other things that I have been working on for the Falcon are the Steering wheel.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4100541
I'm fairly happy with it so far and I just have to blend the spokes into the rim and she'll be done. I'm not looking forward to casting it though, it'd be a fiddly mould to make.
And the wheels . I took two 12 slot wheels, kept the centre out of one and the rim of the other, drilled out the centre cap and the slots and put some 2mm rod in the holes. Before I glued the rods in I drilled out the centre of the rod so there would be a hole through each one when I was done.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4050511
It's got the old Monogram Michelin TRX tyres on it. I still need to make the centre for it too. When it's done I'll cast it straight away so I can get an indication of how the whole thing is looking.

Well that's it for now. More updates soon.
CheersSS
ShawnS
ShawnS
I Love this place
I Love this place

Male Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:47 pm

This is great, I am enjoying this. Keep the pics comin!
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon 18 Apr 2011, 12:03 am

Going great guns, just make sure when you do the door handles three of them are broken as per the 1:1 Laughing
Bear
Bear
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by stoongee Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:17 pm

Bear wrote:Going great guns, just make sure when you do the door handles three of them are broken as per the 1:1 Laughing

thats funny, 3 of the outside door handles dont work except for drivers and 3 inside handles are stuffed to except rear passengers lol. been tring to find some cheap enough to fix them
but the wreckers want 25 per handle (thats $150) Shocked Shocked

and brand new theyre $42 each so expensive for such a common car

stoongee
AMCC NEWBIE!
AMCC NEWBIE!

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShawnS Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

Bear wrote:Going great guns, just make sure when you do the door handles three of them are broken as per the 1:1 Laughing

rolf HA. Well it took 4 pages by it finally arrived. Bear wins the internet. winner I figured it would take til at least the end of the first page. My parents had their XE for 5 or so years, My grand father had his for 20 years and my dad drove numerous XF work utes and owned a XF Fairmont Ghia for a few years and there was not even one broken door handle amongst them. Apparently we were just lucky. Laughing

CheersSS
ShawnS
ShawnS
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by mgy125 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

Loving this post...you are a creative genius ShawnS bigthumbsup
mgy125
mgy125
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:31 am

stoongee wrote:

and brand new theyre $42 each so expensive for such a common car

Where from? Last time I saw them for sale,a few years ago, they were $10 each at somewhere like supercheap. They might be common but they are gattin old.

Shawn, yes, yes you were. I don't personally know of anyone who hasn't had handle problems.And ball joint problems. How were their balls? Suspect
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tillerman Sun 24 Apr 2011, 10:40 pm

Inspiring work! Looks great so far. Keep going. This will be great to see finished. Once you have the shape finished you really should mould it if for no other reason than having more than one body if something unforseen were to happen.... You have put in too much work. I'm sure there would be a level of profit margin in it for you too if you were to start selling them. Great work.
Tillerman
Tillerman

Male Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShawnS Mon 25 Apr 2011, 5:17 pm

Tillerman wrote:Inspiring work! Looks great so far. Keep going. This will be great to see finished. Once you have the shape finished you really should mould it if for no other reason than having more than one body if something unforseen were to happen.... You have put in too much work. Great work.

Thanks Tillerman, Yeah I'll definitely have to do that as I'm prone to random acts of clumsiness and unforseen doofusness. Laughing

Ok an update. Didn't get much done during the week so I've been playing catchup over the course of the weekend.
I was comparing the last version to the current one and I discovered that the nose was longer than I wanted it to be so I had to trim it a bit. You can see how much I had to trim off of it. You can also see that on the older version (top) the upper body crease line had disappeared over time, that was another reason I dumped it.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4190604
Got all of the window frames and trims done.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4220610
When I was doing the wheel arches I discovered that the front ones were set too high. Using the upper body crease as a reference point, you can see the front wheel arches are closer to the crease than the rears. It looks close but with the stripes in the equation it's not good. So tomorrow instead of joining the two halves together as I had planned, I'll have to rectify that problem first.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4250618
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4250619

I think that's all for now.
CheersSS
ShawnS
ShawnS
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon 25 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

Inspiring work Shawn, i am a Ford man by the way.
If you do mould it an flog it, i can see a group "C" build in the future Cool
Bear
Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ShawnS Sun 01 May 2011, 6:56 pm

Bear wrote:Inspiring work Shawn, i am a Ford man by the way.
If you do mould it an flog it, i can see a group "C" build in the future Cool

Yeah I've got the same thing in the back of my mind Bear. It's the lack of available decals that will hold it back though.

Update time.
I put in some B pillar supports on the interior and bogged up any big gaps. Then I got the body lined up and braced using the same methods as previously posted.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4300511
Started the rear end.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4300512
Added the rear valance.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P4300515
Cut and shaped the top of the boot lid and scribed in the panel lines. Also added the support for the back part of the boot lid.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P5010516
and glued it in place.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P5010518
Then I made the back part of the boot lid and glued that too.
XE Falcon S-Pack ** so anyway 8 years later- ** - Page 3 P5010519

At the moment I'm just chipping away at it and trying not to rush it too much. I should get the rear end bogged sanded and shaped this week. I haven't decided wether I'll do the bonnet or the roof next or just do the whole rear end with the bumper and tail lights etc.

Thanks for your ongoing support and don't be too shy to add your my2cents.
CheersSS

ShawnS
ShawnS
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by sports850 Sun 01 May 2011, 7:09 pm

"just chipping away at it" ???? Shawn , you're doing this faster than most professional modellers do and at a exceptionally high standard . Words can't describe how amazed I am at what you've done so far .
sports850
sports850
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tillerman Sun 01 May 2011, 7:53 pm

Keep it up mate. Let us know if you plan to mould it and sell them. ;-)
Tillerman
Tillerman

Male Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun 01 May 2011, 7:55 pm

Coming along beautifully........... popcorn
Paul
Paul
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by slowlylearning Sun 01 May 2011, 9:34 pm

top notch stuff, im loving seeing how this is coming together, so bloody inspirational for me to get off me bum and do some scratch-buildin! thanks Smile

oh and i rekon do the bonnet next, so its a solid kinda platform for you to do the roof methinks. great stuff mate, cant wait to see more!

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfaholic Sun 08 May 2011, 9:34 am

Very cool build like many have said ,i could watch this for ever and a day.(As a saying i have heard alot when i was younger,not so much now) it seemed to fit with what i was trying to say.
Alfaholic
Alfaholic
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMMOSZED Sun 08 May 2011, 4:24 pm

great work Shawn, I admire your courage attacking a project of this magnitude. keen to see the outcome of this one.
Put me down for a casting if you deide to go down that track
HAMMOSZED
HAMMOSZED

Male Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoey Sun 08 May 2011, 5:29 pm

From where I'm lookin, it's lookin spot on. Everyday I check to see how this is coming along. can't wait for more updates.
This gives me inspiration to get back to my Landcruiser trayback
which I havn't touched in nearly 2 years.
Shoey
Shoey
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by allan Sun 08 May 2011, 5:33 pm

been watching its jaw dropping what you are doing so far popcorn A+
allan
allan
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 10385
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dv8v8 Sun 08 May 2011, 5:35 pm

by Shoey Today at 5:29 pm

.From where I'm lookin, it's lookin spot on. Everyday I check to see how this is coming along. can't wait for more updates.
which I havn't touched in nearly 2 years..

neva mind the cruiser wot about the kingswood !
dv8v8
dv8v8
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 5648
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShawnS Sun 08 May 2011, 6:46 pm

Shoey wrote:From where I'm lookin, it's lookin spot on. Everyday I check to see how this is coming along. can't wait for more updates.
which I havn't touched in nearly 2 years.

Thanks Shoey, That Cruiser Trayback was actually the main inspiration for this project. It seemed to flick a little switch in the back of my mind that maybe it is possible to make a car from scratch. A seed was definitely planted that's for sure. Laughing I'm sure that between us we are draining the world of evergreen sheet Smile

CheersSS
ShawnS
ShawnS
I Love this place
I Love this place

Back to top Go down

Post by mopar68 Mon 09 May 2011, 2:43 am

Only just come across this and wow
This has gotta be one of the best projects I've ever seen (even though it is a ford Razz ) Very well done, and I've gotta hand it to you for the patience you must have. Very inspirational work, I'll be watching this one!! yourock
mopar68
mopar68
Legend Poster
Legend Poster

Male Number of posts : 1386
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce Mon 09 May 2011, 9:56 am

Fantastic work Shawn - keep at it mate.
Bryce
Bryce

Male Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by slowlylearning Mon 09 May 2011, 4:10 pm

brilliant stuff, i got my evergreen out again and started playin around with it on the weekend.... great to see it coming along so bloody well, that vent part looks the bees knees!

cant wait for more on this one!!!!! Very Happy

slowlylearning
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next