AUSTRALIAN AUTOMOTIVE MODEL BUILDERS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QMHE

+25
RetrospectKustoms
doorslammerfan
ourcircus
Bigdaddy0
cdansie
tezza43
dv8v8
bluedog
grey six
checkmate
mopar68
Andrew J
Paul
allan
mgy125
baZOOKa
zenrat
dufasdave
Auroranut
Brendon
Tillerman
grease monkey253
Shoey
Tubman
Rocket
29 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

QMHE - Page 9 Empty Re: QMHE

Post by ausbodies Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:08 pm

Congratulations on a fantastic display guys. I couldnt help thinking what a co-incidence it was that two clubs on opposite sides of the country could come up with such similar displays - imagine how good it would be if we could combine both? (we could meet at Kimba in South Australia - it's meant to be equidistant form coast to coast!). I loved the weather-beaten tower and the race crash is one of the most convincing I have ever seen.

What a shame that the organisers couldn't see their way to include such an impressive display in the competition. Unfortunately your experiences are not confined to the East Coast! It seems that any time a show is organised by war-mongers, they just don't seem to "get" the car guys and as a result we rarely seem welcome. I to have been a victim of the mysterious class change - you leave your model correctly positioned in it's class and come back to find it has magically crossed the room into a totally irrelevant class. To make matters worse, I have brought some of these matters to their attention, in a politely and constructively written letter, and it just seems to fall on deaf ears.

My rule of thumb is this - if you attend an event where your car is referred to as a "civil vehicle" (shudder!) it's going to end in tears!

(Funnily enough, I once tried to point out why this is a problem. They didn't get it. I then asked them what they drove to the show in. They replied "A car". Still, they didn't get it!!!)

Like it's already been stated before, no wonder we love NNL's!!!

Cheers
Alan

ausbodies
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tillerman Sat 15 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

This is the link to the photos for this years qmhe "civil vehicles"..

I figure this is easier than posting up pics we have all taken. They provide the model details and position achieved which is more than i know anyway.

http://www.qmhe.com/index.php/gallery/category/25-civil-vehicles
Tillerman
Tillerman
I should be working on Models

Male Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Sat 15 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

Did anyone get any pics of all cars on the comp table, my camera battery went flat so I didn't get any.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ourcircus Sat 15 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm

great photos Tillerman
and what ausbodies says iagree
ourcircus
ourcircus

Male Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocket Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

I've got some pics but photo bucket being a bitch lately
Rocket
Rocket

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by zenrat Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

Every month Terry & I drive up to the AMCC meeting which gives us 2 hours of chatting in the civil vehicle whilst travelling.
This subject is one we have covered many times.
The only solution (other than to arrange your own shows) is to get involved with the organisation and work from within to make changes.
I know from experience in being on (non model) club committees that while there are always people with changes they want made or things they want doing they very quickly fade away when it comes to putting in any work.
So my suggestion is, if you feel strongly about it, go to the QMHE committee with your proposed classes but offer to scrutineer them, provide judges and source trophies.

my2cents

Badda Bing Badda Bang
zenrat
zenrat

Male Number of posts : 6842
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tezza43 Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

Totally agree with you Fred. I served on the (Melbourne) Model Expo committee for many years, representing the needs of automotive modellers. You have to place your ideas on the table and then sell the concept - it won't happen on its own. The committee may be mostly made up from military modellers, but they were never unfair when considering the needs of car modellers. Many of the current Model Expo car categories are a result of such negotiations, and are continually being reviewed according to entries and needs. I still am a model car consultant for Model Expo, and assist with judging each year, especially in the car categories.

aus
tezza43
tezza43
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 4318
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by grey six Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

The display looked fantastic, congradutations to all those that put in hard work .
Everyone that went past it made favourable comments . The show would have been light on car models without the AAMB display and entries.
I did take some general civilian vehicle photos , will post later when I've got a bit more download. I was good to meet a few more from the forum and thanks again to kirk for doing the shirts.

Cheers peter.

grey six

Male Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by checkmate Tue 09 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Tubman wrote:We also had Gasser Gav and his photographer come for a look, they took heaps of pics and spent about half an hour with us, so watch out for future issues of either Cruzin or Gasoline, not sure which one it will be in.

Issue 12 of Gasoline will be on sale this Friday, you guys might even get a mention on the front cover. Wink

Thanks to everyone for the amazing pics, cool concept and well put together. Thanks Shoey for taking along my 56 Gasser to be part of the display.

Watch the newsagents Friday guys, it'll have a yellow Camaro on the cover "Yella Terror". And mentions some guys called "Aussie Auto Modellers". Cool

Male Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://www.majesticvanners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubman Tue 09 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Cool, thanks for the heads up Rob.
Tubman
Tubman
AMCC ADDICT
AMCC ADDICT

Male Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocket Wed 10 Oct 2012, 9:29 pm

woohoo, our 5mins of fame
Rocket
Rocket

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dwayne Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:14 am

It was a great show and you guy;s had a great display the only thing i know with the John Stockly award is that it is also us traders that vote too and as usual most traders are on the military side and thats why i think that A.M.M.S always wins it. because they spend alot with them. but even with our club there i liked your display the most and so did most of our members (which are car/bike modellers too). As with the comp enteries i usaully try and sort the kits out on fri night if they are in the right class but this year i didnt get to the table fri night as setting up the shop and club took up too much time. and i wouldnt have put them kits in those classes either, i aminly check if the cars are correct for thier class as if a car thats had mods are not in the out of the box class. And as usual im still woundering on some of the judging too as i walked around sunday scratching my head on the placings of some of the classes but i didnt get a chance to judge the car this time i got warhammer instead. Also when you enter a kit thats has a bit of work done put in the reference of what you have done its a must. i remember 2 years ago shoey's death proof stand didnt do as well as i thought and when i asked a judge with the green hq in the scratch built class they liked it but didnt know how much work went into it after i explained the car to the judge he said if he had seen the reference it would have been different . Also i do belive that cars should be judge by someone that knows them
dwayne
dwayne
Glue Sniffer
Glue Sniffer

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9